[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Burton Apparently Cleared by WIAA  (Read 8532 times)

GGGG

• All American
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:01:07 PM by rocky_warrior »

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Re: Burton Apparently Cleared by WIAA
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
Good news.  Question... many bloggers are interested in learning how the MU recruits are playing this season.  Is there any site that we can check weekly to see how our recruits are playing?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 03:37:41 PM »
They're all doin' just fine 'cept for Durley whose fastball is still south of 90 mph.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »
They're all doin' just fine 'cept for Durley whose fastball is still south of 90 mph.

+1......yeah.....

MuMark

• All American

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 04:25:42 PM »
http://marquette.scout.com/3/2011-12RecruitStats.html

Just read on that page that Jamal Ferguson has a 6'10" wingspan and only stands 6'4".  That's some length.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 05:55:29 PM »
Those are some fine looking recruits.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 05:58:41 PM »
http://marquette.scout.com/3/2011-12RecruitStats.html

Thanks for the link Mark.  Seeing Steve Taylor's numbers against that quality Chicago area competition.... makes me    ;D

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »
Vincent plays Pius on 12/28/11 at New Berlin West at 4:30. Not far from me, I think I'll check on Burton!

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »
Great link, thanks. What's the deal with Durley, I'm sure he's a good kid and all, but do you see him coming to Marquette? The only games he's posting any numbers are 50 point blowouts. Yikes.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »
He's a project, but he is a 6'11, 270 project.   He is also playing behind a center who is, IIRC, a top 10 recruit.    One would think the coach could find him some more minutes, but maybe he has a star system. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 08:45:49 PM »
tower's right, Durley is playing behind Cameron Ridley, one of the top prospects in the country for 2012. Ridley's a pretty solid bet to be a McDonald's All-American. MaxPreps has Fort Bend Bush HS at 13-2 and #26 in the nation, and Ridley is the main reason for that. My guess is he doesn't spend much time on the bench.

We know Durley's a project guy, I imagine his coach would rather put the near-NBA ready guy out there than the guy who probably needs 2-3 years before he really starts hitting his potential. I wouldn't worry about Aaron, and my guess is that he'll be a 4-year big, which will be invaluable as guys like Otule and Gardner matriculate.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 08:54:12 PM »
Can't believe Buzz would have signed a big man that doesn't play much.  Just glad that no other MU coach would have done such a thing!   ;)

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »
tower's right, Durley is playing behind Cameron Ridley, one of the top prospects in the country for 2012. Ridley's a pretty solid bet to be a McDonald's All-American. MaxPreps has Fort Bend Bush HS at 13-2 and #26 in the nation, and Ridley is the main reason for that. My guess is he doesn't spend much time on the bench.

We know Durley's a project guy, I imagine his coach would rather put the near-NBA ready guy out there than the guy who probably needs 2-3 years before he really starts hitting his potential. I wouldn't worry about Aaron, and my guess is that he'll be a 4-year big, which will be invaluable as guys like Otule and Gardner matriculate.

Whatever!!!!  You mean to tell me someone that size and build can't find the court.

He has DNP-CD's on there, that is very alarming.

Project is an understatement, has anyone seen what previous MU big projects are doing.  McMorrow and Mbao can't even get off the bench for mid-major D1 schools.

Sure you can argue Chis has panned out, but not really!!!  He's an average big in the Big East at best.  I root for him and hope he comes back, but COME ON THIS IS PATHETIC, there has to more to this story.

EMBARRASSING!!!  6'10 275lbs, and averages about 3 points and 2 rebounds.  WOW!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »
Can't believe Buzz would have signed a big man that doesn't play much.  Just glad that no other MU coach would have done such a thing!   ;)

Dwight Burke has a nice international career going.

IMO, Dudley won't be suited up for MU next season.

What's the word on Cameron Ridley's recruitment opening back up?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »

I think in high school, if Durley was any good he would be starting next to Ridley. That would be too much size for other high school teams to handle.

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
I think in high school, if Durley was any good he would be starting next to Ridley. That would be too much size for other high school teams to handle.

For sure!!!  You said it much nicer then I did.

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 09:08:58 PM »
Dwight Burke has a nice international career going.

IMO, Dudley won't be suited up for MU next season.

What's the word on Cameron Ridley's recruitment opening back up?

Yeah, he wants to come to MU to back up Durley!!

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 09:09:39 PM »

Whatever!!!!  You mean to tell me someone that size and build can't find the court.

Project is an understatement, has anyone seen what previous MU big projects are doing.  McMorrow and Mbao can't even get off the bench for mid-major D1 schools.

Sure you can argue Chis has panned out, but not really!!!  He's an average big in the Big East at best.  I root for him and hope he comes back, but COME ON THIS IS PATHETIC, there has to more to this story.

EMBARRASSING!!!  6'10 275lbs, and averages about 3 points and 2 rebounds.  WOW!!

Step back from the ledge.  

Talking about embarrassing, did you read your post before you hit "post"?

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
Step back from the ledge.  

Talking about embarrassing, did you read your post before you hit "post"?

What ledge??  You can be excited about him, and all the other below average MU big men... 

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »
There is a way to voice your opinion about a high school kid, whom you have never seen play, without making an a$$ out of yourself.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:20:48 PM by MUMac »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »
For sure!!!  You said it much nicer then I did.

Depends on the coach, the system and the other players on the team.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »
Maybe more of a 4, but Steve Taylor is 6'8.5" and putting up nice numbers.  Really looking forward to him getting to campus.  Have a feeling if Buzz can land a strong point guard or better big Durley might not get to campus though that may be a big "if"...but with Durley, shouldn't he have transferred to a high school where he could at least play this year, and wouldn't Buzz also want him to be somewhere where he's playing?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »

How are you not the coach of Marquette?  You clearly know more than Buzz...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

schubert33

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »

Depends on the coach, the system and the other players on the team.

Good coaches adapt to the talent on their team.  That should tell you something right there.

feedback