collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NYE in Milwaukee  (Read 3070 times)

Zar Zar Binks

• Walk-On
NYE in Milwaukee
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:01:13 PM »
Headed up for the weekend with 5 friends. Last year we spent most of out time @ my friends place and then the Harp around midnight. This year we'll definitely be heading out much earlier and given the fact that I'll have a couple first timer's (to Milwaukee) with me, I'd like to show them a good time.

Was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions on places to hit up after dinner.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: NYE in Milwaukee
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:20:47 PM »
Five O'Clock Steak House is a great place to go for dinner with friends.  I was there last year for NYE.  Make your reservations ASAP.
Have some patience, FFS.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 03:29:27 PM »
Never spent NYE in Milwaukee so I dont know which spots to hit for the night, but I suggest you end up at the Harp and Shamrock at 6am then go straight to the Nova game. That will impress your rookie friends
Bring back FFP!!!

Hey DeDe

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:49:30 PM »
New Year's Eve is the one night a year in Milwaukee where bars can stay open for as long as they want. So the Harp & Sham won't be your only option at 6 am. Obviously it varies by establishment, but many push back their bar close. You should have lots of options!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »
MUPTM will be hosting at the Airport Lounge.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »
MUPTM will be hosting at the Airport Lounge.

Only after I get off work bouncing at Solid Gold.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 05:20:54 PM »
If you're looking for open bar all inclusive stuff, I've tried a couple around town. Doing Lakefront Brewery for the first time this year. But have done Mo's Irish for around $50-60 which was pretty fun, and if the crews a little younger Cans over by UWM can be fun, if a little brotastic.  Also saw that $60 gets you the bar and a table at Molly Cools, but have to imagine thatd be a bit of an older crowd.

Zar Zar Binks

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 05:28:25 PM »
If you're looking for open bar all inclusive stuff, I've tried a couple around town. Doing Lakefront Brewery for the first time this year. But have done Mo's Irish for around $50-60 which was pretty fun, and if the crews a little younger Cans over by UWM can be fun, if a little brotastic.  Also saw that $60 gets you the bar and a table at Molly Cools, but have to imagine thatd be a bit of an older crowd.

Yeah the lakefront one looked awesome! Although I couldn't get everyone on board I time before they sold out.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 11:26:12 PM »
New Year's Eve is the one night a year in Milwaukee where bars can stay open for as long as they want. So the Harp & Sham won't be your only option at 6 am. Obviously it varies by establishment, but many push back their bar close. You should have lots of options!

Any bar can stay open until when they choose?

LON

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 07:10:36 AM »
Any bar can stay open until when they choose?

Nothing like strolling into Victor's at that 4AM to 5AM time period...

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 07:49:01 AM »
Arts or Hey Hey Ricky's on State.

(Can they stay open all night on NYE too?)

MU_LOL

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 08:06:57 AM »
Five O'Clock Steak House is a great place to go for dinner with friends.  I was there last year for NYE.  Make your reservations ASAP.

Yes do this. Five O'Clock is absolutely AMAZING.
I'm Ron Burgundy?

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 11:07:42 AM »
Went to Notay next to German Beer Hall one year. rolled there with a crew of about 30 and we had a blast. There was a wrist band deal for $30 all u can drink till whenever the bar closed. Total Sh^t show.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 11:54:32 AM »
Definitely hit up Victim's or Y-Not II around 4am. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »
Yeah the lakefront one looked awesome! Although I couldn't get everyone on board I time before they sold out.
Did the lakefront one last year. Great Value.
Plenty of people
Live band
Generous open bar- Enough bar tenders so you got a drink right away. Could get red bull drinks
Was crowded but also not packed so you could go talk without being squesshed.

feedback