collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wow Indiana  (Read 11595 times)

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: Wow Indiana
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
Crean is a dbag. If it wasn't for DWade, this guy would be coaching 7th grade girl's basketball. No DWade and it likely means Crean doesn't make the tourney any of his 1st 6 years and never lasts at MU. Anybody who buys his line of bs is an idiot.

I love it when our graduates call Dwyane Wade an idiot.  So much good will here.  We call Wade an idiot, we wish that Crean would die soon and harshly.  What a mature group we have here.  So proud.

http://twitter.com/#!/DwyaneWade/statuses/145648430889451521

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »
Crean is a dbag. If it wasn't for DWade, this guy would be coaching 7th grade girl's basketball. No DWade and it likely means Crean doesn't make the tourney any of his 1st 6 years and never lasts at MU. Anybody who buys his line of bs is an idiot.

Indiana HS recruits are buying. 

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
If after coaching 13 years at storied Marquette and legendary Indiana his 2nd best win is a preconference, early December home game....well, that speaks volumes.

He took over two programs and rebuilt one to a Final Four and looks like he is about to put the other one on very solid footing.  He will likely be around for a long time for you to rant about his lack of success.  You should be an AD somewhere.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »
Indiana HS recruits are buying. 

So is that idiot, Dwyane Wade.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
So is that idiot, Dwyane Wade.

Wade is showing loyalty to a former coach.  Nothing more or less.

Mods.  When it walks like a Chicos, and smells like a Chicos?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2011, 07:25:29 PM »

[/quote

Oh please....just because he doesn't drink the anti-Crean koolaid...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2011, 08:06:29 PM »
One of the things I agreed with chicos about was his attitude toward Crean.   I've never understood the collective inability to move on by a vocal minority.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:29:53 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »
I'm not enamored with Crean, but he's responsible for two great people coming to MU, Dwyane Wade and Buzz Williams (not to mention the 3 amigos, etc).  So he was good for MU.  When it comes to being a fan, you don't make rational decisions about who to root for, though, and despite myself I still want IU to lose every time they take the court.

All that being said, Indiana plays great defense.  I forgot how well his teams play D.  Buzz has him 6 ways to Sunday on the offensive end IMO, but Crean's team play good D.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2011, 08:20:05 AM »

[/quote

Oh please....just because he doesn't drink the anti-Crean koolaid...

Sultan, didn't you make a similar comment/accusation over the past week or so?  Pot, meet kettle.

MUMac

• All American
Re: Indiana up by one at the half.
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2011, 08:26:48 AM »
::)  I'm a Bears fan also.  My belief is the Packers are the best team in the NFL and will be the favorites to win it next year also.  Is that not allowed to be said as a Bears fan?  The reality is that the Big Ten is the best conference this year.  The other reality is that IU has some crazy good kids coming in the next two years and they lose several players that aren't that good after this season.  They will be a top 10 team next year.  The Packers will be Super Bowl favorites.  High praise or just reality? 

Ziggy, being a Bears fan, won't like that either.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2011, 08:50:12 AM »

All that being said, Indiana plays great defense.  I forgot how well his teams play D.  Buzz has him 6 ways to Sunday on the offensive end IMO, but Crean's team play good D.

I usually agree with you CT, but we watched a different game on Saturday. Kentucky (great athletes, not great shooters) shot 55+% because they got layup after layup (especially the last 12-15 minutes). IU won because a) they were white hot from 3 (27 points on 15 shots), b) Kentucky couldn't make free throws and c) Kentucky didn't use the 2 free fouls they had to disrupt IU at the end of the game.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
I usually agree with you CT, but we watched a different game on Saturday. Kentucky (great athletes, not great shooters) shot 55+% because they got layup after layup (especially the last 12-15 minutes). IU won because a) they were white hot from 3 (27 points on 15 shots), b) Kentucky couldn't make free throws and c) Kentucky didn't use the 2 free fouls they had to disrupt IU at the end of the game.

To be honest, I was doing some Christmas stuff for my church on Saturday and only saw the first half, and the IU D looked awfully good in the first half.  So I stand corrected.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Indiana up by one at the half.
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »
Ziggy, being a Bears fan, won't like that either.

as much as i hate the packers, I do enjoy the Rodgers pack so must more than the farve packers teams.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »

I just can't believe a true Marquette fan would parrot this bull$hit.

Merritt, Jackson, Diener, Novak, James, McNeal, Matthews, Hayward. Those guys weren't that f|_|cking awful yet all you people can do is claim Tom Crean only recruited one good player his entire coaching career. It's pathetic.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »

Merritt, Jackson, Diener, Novak, James, McNeal, Matthews, Hayward. Those guys weren't that f|_|cking awful yet all you people can do is claim Tom Crean only recruited one good player his entire coaching career. It's pathetic.

I don't think anyone is claiming TC "only recruited one good player his entire coaching career". That said, TC didn't make the tournament in years 1,2,5 and 6 at MU. I don't think it's unreasonable to opine that MU minus Wade also misses in years 3 and 4. Do you honestly think there would have been a year 7 under those circumstances?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:03:52 PM by Lennys Tap »

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but this video shows multiple angles of the shot and reaction.

I hate Crean and IU, but this video just shows how awesome college basketball is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jsL6dRGD0&feature=youtu.be

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2011, 09:19:10 AM »
I don't think anyone is claiming TC "only recruited one good player his entire coaching career". That said, TC didn't make the tournament in years 1,2,5 and 6 at MU. I don't think it's unreasonable to opine that MU minus Wade also misses in years 3 and 4. Do you honestly think there would have been a year 7 under those circumstances?

Tons of people have claimed Tom Crean was a one trick pony with that pony arriving from Robbins, IL.

As for his tenure, it's unclear. Cords and Wild firmly believed in his pedigree from Michigan State. If you travel back to the mindset of the early 2000s, forgetting all that has been accomplished since then in our program, I don't think its unreasonable to opine that Crean wouldn't have been fired.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2011, 09:13:26 PM »
Tons of people have claimed Tom Crean was a one trick pony with that pony arriving from Robbins, IL.

As for his tenure, it's unclear. Cords and Wild firmly believed in his pedigree from Michigan State. If you travel back to the mindset of the early 2000s, forgetting all that has been accomplished since then in our program, I don't think its unreasonable to opine that Crean wouldn't have been fired.

I agree that neither opinion is unreasonable. Furthermore, every MU fan is happy that we'll never know. Those two years with DWade were magical - and it had been a long time coming.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2011, 09:18:53 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but this video shows multiple angles of the shot and reaction.

I hate Crean and IU, but this video just shows how awesome college basketball is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3jsL6dRGD0&feature=youtu.be

That is really cool...but what is up with the horrid music in the background?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2011, 12:52:44 AM »

Never understood this line of thinking.  He did land Wade, so what is the point.  He came to Marquette, loved playing for Crean and to this day continues to say that.  Look at his tweets the last week about his former coach.  When people start saying what would have happened if Wade didn't come here they begin going into the abyss because that's a fairy tale game.  Wade did come here, that's part of Crean's legacy.  He got Wade to MU and deserves the spoils that go with it.  A good number of us that moved on years ago are damn glad that he did get Wade here and stay away from odd arguments that are based solely on emotion and personal animosity rather than facts.

Maybe you can find a comment that Jay Bilas didn't make and claim he did.   :D

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2011, 09:32:01 AM »

That is really cool...but what is up with the horrid music in the background?

I think its this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8hdKnr7rpE&feature=related

The rapping is Spanish OD-esque, but that beat is kind of hot.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2011, 09:50:20 PM »

Did you not read some of the posts in this very thread?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »

And with all these great players Crean won exactly 1 NCAA tournament game without Dwyane Wade in a now 13 year head coaching career.  The problem with Crean's recruiting was he landed 3 stars in 1 class (Big 3), and then about 1 good player every other year.  The depth of his recruiting was poor.  Thankfully Crean's assistant did recognize Wade as a talent and sold Crean on recruiting him...and thankfully we beat out Bradley for Wade's services as a Prop 48 since no BCS schools could sign him due to his Prop 48 status.  These are simply facts of his track record at MU...he definitely was an upgrade over Mike Deane, no doubt.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 07:02:27 PM »
Saw IU is dominating UMBC tonight. Decided to stop by realtimeRPI... their SOS is 229!! If they go sub-.500 in the big ten, do they still make the tournament? I'm not discounting the huge win against kentucky...

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2011, 09:22:30 AM »
Saw IU is dominating UMBC tonight. Decided to stop by realtimeRPI... their SOS is 229!! If they go sub-.500 in the big ten, do they still make the tournament? I'm not discounting the huge win against kentucky...

Cincinnati did much the same thing last year, except of course the massive non-conference win over Kentucky, while being average in the Big East and it seemed they were a no-brainer.

If Indiana is 8-10 in conference but beats, say, Ohio State or Wisconsin, it could be tough to leave them out.