collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wow Indiana  (Read 11596 times)

Da 'Lanche

• All American
Re: Wow Indiana
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 10:29:05 PM »
Good for Crean and IU.   I hated the way TC left MU and held that for a long time.  We are in a great place with Buzz Williams and it looks like Crean will start realizing his vision to rebuild IU from the toughest of starting points.   My son in college (Ohio State) was home for the weekend and we watched the ending of the game...it was what makes college athletics so much better than the pros in so many ways.  Anyway, I was sort of showing mixed emotions as Crean was celebrating and he looked at me and said:  "Dad, the guy was just following his dreams....why not celebrate that he is making them come true?"  Why not, indeed?

By the way, we were at the Allen Fieldhouse for KU vs. OSU today...talk about a raucous environment....wow.  

Great day for college hoops...and it is only December.

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
It should be interesting to see where the NCAA puts the MU-IU matchup in the tourney.  Pre-season, I thought it could possibly happen round one.  Maybe they'll have to wait until round 2.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »

Great day for college hoops...and it is only December.

Except for the huge fight at Xavier.

But anyway, Allen Fieldhouse is on my list of places where I need to see a game. 

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »
Except for the huge fight at Xavier.

But anyway, Allen Fieldhouse is on my list of places where I need to see a game. 

That was horrible....except for the post-game speech by the cincinnati coach...I know there is another thread on it.

Allen Fieldhouse is sort of like a Lambeau Field of college hoops.   It only seats 16,000 and no tiers so the place is loud... I mean really loud.   They also have their hall of fame in the building which is very cool.   So much tradition at KU for hoops it is incredible.   Students and old fogies alike are up most of the game.    Almost every game is very loud as the place is really a barn, but, today was exceptional, even with Sullinger out.   If you ever have the chance...go.  It should be on college hoops fans bucket list.  If you do go, let me know and I will point you to some outstanding pre and post game places.

Since my son goes to OSU, I am hoping Marquette gets place in Columbus for the tourney's opening round this year...

Funniest part of the game today was watching Charlie Weiss promise at halftime that he would lead Kansas to national prominence in football....um...sure you will Charlie.   

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 11:45:31 PM »
Keep this Indiana crap in the superbar.  I hope Crean dies of something sudden and horrible.

romey

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2011, 11:53:45 PM »
Keep this Indiana crap in the superbar.  I hope Crean dies of something sudden and horrible.

Really?

fanofTR

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2011, 11:55:21 PM »
The guy has done an outstanding job rebuilding a program that was in absolute shambles when he got there. Atleast lets give him that. He still has his major flaws but I will atleast admit that he has done a very good job putting Indiana basketball back to some national attention. Hell they are about to be in the polls for the first time since like 07 this coming week.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »
Funniest part of the game today was watching Charlie Weiss promise at halftime that he would lead Kansas to national prominence in football....um...sure you will Charlie.

He couldn't lead ND to national prominence but he will with Kansas? Is he replacing Bill Self?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 12:03:39 AM »

Allen Fieldhouse is sort of like a Lambeau Field of college hoops.   It only seats 16,000 and no tiers so the place is loud... I mean really loud.   They also have their hall of fame in the building which is very cool.   So much tradition at KU for hoops it is incredible.   Students and old fogies alike are up most of the game.    Almost every game is very loud as the place is really a barn, but, today was exceptional, even with Sullinger out.   If you ever have the chance...go.  It should be on college hoops fans bucket list.  If you do go, let me know and I will point you to some outstanding pre and post game places.

Since my son goes to OSU, I am hoping Marquette gets place in Columbus for the tourney's opening round this year...

My girlfriend went to Kansas, so I get the trickle-down benefit of attending the KU-Missouri game this February.  Can't wait.  Lawrence is a pretty fun town in general, but I'm sure it's even better on gamedays.

And as for the Charlie Weis hire, the gf says she's happy she gets to bring back the "KU Football: Our coach can eat your coach" t-shirt that she wore during the Mangino years.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 12:08:26 AM »
agree superbar
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 01:43:54 AM »
My sister sold her ticket for $60 bucks. Yikes.....

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2011, 09:38:52 AM »

Um, wow.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2011, 10:19:11 AM »
On a related note, I am happy my desperate search to find a bookie yesterday was unsuccessful.  I wonder how many people were laying 3.5 with UK yesterday?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2011, 10:55:12 AM »
Not to stir the debate up, but Crean said it was the second biggest win of his career.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2011, 11:18:01 AM »
Probably knocking off Tulsa, Western Michigan, or Kansas would be #1.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »
Not to stir the debate up, but Crean said it was the second biggest win of his career.

I buy that.  Nothing wrong with that statement in my opinion.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 11:51:20 AM »

I have never been so proud to be a graduate of Marquette University than reading this post.  Followed closely by Diaper, Jamailman and a few others.  So proud.   ::)
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »
Shut up Chicos.  You were banned from this board.  No one wants you on this site nor wants to hear your lame crush for Tom Crean and Indiana.  Yes, it was a great win for Indiana.  But I will always be bitter towards Tom Crean and the way he left this program.  Please do us all a favor and never post on this board again.  We are sick and tired of your crap and do not need to hear how much you admire tan boy.  Take your man crush elsewhere b/c no one wants to hear it anymore.  You are a has been/never was love boy of Crean who never saw the court as a player but thinks he knows everything about basketball and I quite frankly am sick of your crap.

Take it up with Chicos then.   Stop accusing everyone that moved on years ago (with Crean's departure) and can appreciate a fantastic college basketball game of some pro Crean, pro IU, anti-Marquette agenda. Worse, stop accusing random people of being someone they aren't.

That was an incredible basketball game.  A number of our coaches left MU in a terrible fashion.  O'Neill, Majerus, Crean.  Crean gave us Buzz Williams, sweet uniforms, Wes Matthews, Steve Novak, Dwyane Wade, a Final Four.  He left as did O'Neill and Majerus.  We are doing just fine.  IU is doing really well now, which sucks from a Purdue perspective but it is hardly surprising they are successful.  Only an idiot or someone not thinking with their head but only through some lack of emotional development would think they wouldn't do well, but there are plenty of those people here and elsewhere.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2011, 12:08:01 PM »
I hate Crean not Indiana...great win for the kids. Gotta love his postgame comments, said the players almost gave it away by shooting quick shots but the COACHES did a great job...

Your version of ESPN must be different than mine.  He said IU players tried to give it away, which at times they did.  He did applaud his coaches, as well as his players. 

video is here of interview   http://search.espn.go.com/results?searchString=indiana&dims=4294876477

"I love these players", "our team, there was never a time in those timeouts where they didn't believe we were going to win"

When Buzz says we almost gave it away is that any different than when another coach does?  Coaches get frustrated when players do not execute game plans.  Coach Caliprari has to be furious they didn't foul IU, especially when he told them to do that.  His post game comments were of frustration for that.  Coaches just calling it like it is.

Again, maybe your version of ESPN is different than mine but that is the interview I saw and apparently the one that was captured on ESPN.com also.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: Indiana up by one at the half.
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
high praise from a Purdue grad.   ::)

::)  I'm a Bears fan also.  My belief is the Packers are the best team in the NFL and will be the favorites to win it next year also.  Is that not allowed to be said as a Bears fan?  The reality is that the Big Ten is the best conference this year.  The other reality is that IU has some crazy good kids coming in the next two years and they lose several players that aren't that good after this season.  They will be a top 10 team next year.  The Packers will be Super Bowl favorites.  High praise or just reality? 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »

If after coaching 13 years at storied Marquette and legendary Indiana his 2nd best win is a preconference, early December home game....well, that speaks volumes.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:28:54 PM by Lennys Tap »

Stronghold

• All American
Re: Indiana up by one at the half.
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 12:27:28 PM »
That was just fracking incredible. What an outstanding win for the kids first, and the program second.

College basketball needed an experience like this to make up for that Thug U-Xavier brawl earlier in the day.

Those kids aren't thugs, they're gangsters.  Didn't you listen to Holloway?

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
HoopaLoop gets the Direct TV version of ESPN??

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
Crean is a dbag. If it wasn't for DWade, this guy would be coaching 7th grade girl's basketball. No DWade and it likely means Crean doesn't make the tourney any of his 1st 6 years and never lasts at MU. Anybody who buys his line of bs is an idiot.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2011, 06:37:26 PM »
HoopaLoop gets the Direct TV version of ESPN??

Comcast