'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gabe York Quotes from recent Arizona and MU visits  (Read 18576 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Gabe York Quotes from recent Arizona and MU visits
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:21:10 AM »
Lots of good stuff in here - looks like it is down to MU and Arizona:

http://arizona.scout.com/2/1083476.html

Gabe York visited Arizona on Wednesday and it appears the Wildcats made quite the impact. What school is the primary competition? When will York decide? Read on to find out.

[snipped for copyright violation]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:23:14 PM by rocky_warrior »
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

nyg

• All American
Re: Gabe York Quotes from recent Arizona and MU visits
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 11:30:44 AM »
Would be an awesome pickup for Buzz, but tough to get a SoCal kid away from Arizona's weather and fact family can visit more frequently.  

As for playing time, he may have a better chance here as opposed to Arizona.  At least we are in the final running for a high ranked recruit.  

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 11:32:11 AM »
Buy him a warm coat.  Summers in Arizona can't be fun.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:46:55 AM »
 :D :D :D Previously Mentioned in Buzz's BBQ--Andre Walker was a campus for a visit. Hopefully
he likes us. Any word on Dre' Henley. The best thing about Henley is he plays numerous positions and he is from the Chicago area. Gabe York, PLEASE come. iF NOT HOPE WE GET Kris Dunn

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 12:12:31 PM »
:D :D :D Previously Mentioned in Buzz's BBQ--Andre Walker was a campus for a visit. Hopefully
he likes us. Any word on Dre' Henley. The best thing about Henley is he plays numerous positions and he is from the Chicago area. Gabe York, PLEASE come. iF NOT HOPE WE GET Kris Dunn

Henley has committed to Northern Illinois.
Though Henley's stock has dropped quite a bit the past couple years, it's a heck of a job Mark Montgomery and Todd Townsend are doing in DeKalb.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »
Henley has committed to Northern Illinois.
Though Henley's stock has dropped quite a bit the past couple years, it's a heck of a job Mark Montgomery and Todd Townsend are doing in DeKalb.

I think that's a great spot for Townsend.  MU could really use a knock out recruiter in Chicago, it'd be great to see Todd develop that and come back to MU.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »
I hope he comes to MU.  When I would visit my sister at the University of Arizona when she was a student, the mall was incredible.  On a nice warm day, seeing the talent sun bathing there is something to behold that would be quite appealing to many recruits (student athletes and non athletes).  This would be quite a coup....maybe Kevin O'Neill can help us.   ;D

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »
I hope he comes to MU.  When I would visit my sister at the University of Arizona when she was a student, the mall was incredible.  On a nice warm day, seeing the talent sun bathing there is something to behold that would be quite appealing to many recruits (student athletes and non athletes).  This would be quite a coup....maybe Kevin O'Neill can help us.   ;D

Weak.  Can't have pictures of U of A w/o coeds.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »
We have to hope he really wants to play in the Big East.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 02:35:20 PM »
We have to hope he really wants to play in the Big East.

And if it's too cold for him, he's not tough enough to make it here.

We'll win with him, and we'll win without him.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 09:26:49 PM »
Marquette has a lof of studen atheletes from much warmer climates and they are doing just fine.  Weather cannot be the determining factor in a big decision like this. 

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 09:40:47 PM »
Arizona would be tough to beat, especially for a west coast kid.  Would love to see him at MU but I'm not holding my breath.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 11:11:44 PM »
Here in Las Vegas my wife and I have a saying: "We don't shovel heat!"  FWIW, 106 on Friday - 111 Saturday (heat warning) - 108 Sunday - 102 Monday.  UofA is a very nice campus.  If Buzz lands Gabe it would be a major get!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 11:49:47 PM »
Here in Las Vegas my wife and I have a saying: "We don't shovel heat!"  FWIW, 106 on Friday - 111 Saturday (heat warning) - 108 Sunday - 102 Monday.  UofA is a very nice campus.  If Buzz lands Gabe it would be a major get!

I'm confused, are you boasting Vegas' weather right now? 106-111 sounds incredibly awful and I'd much rather shovel then deal with that B.S. Now UofA's women, campus, and weather during the school year I'll buy.

The only issue with the Pac-10 is national exposure, no one really knows about any of the West Coast talent until tourney time. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the country hadn't heard of derrick williams until the tourney started...had zona not made a run I wonder where he would have been drafted.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 12:55:07 AM »
Ill bet my house he doesnt come to MU
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 07:33:07 AM »

That's risky.  He's telling Arizona's Scout site that he is interested in going to Arizona.  Usually when it is a specific school's website/newspaper they do not mention the name of other schools they are interested in unless it is a list.  He is clearly showing HUGE interest in Marquette, and he has said Marquette was the first school that was on him and that we will be in it with him until the end.  If this was for Washington's Scout site, I would put money on him saying that Washington was in his top 3 along with Marquette and Arizona, or even just his top 2 with just Marquette.  I am not saying he is going to be at Marquette, but I think he has very serious interest in Marquette or he would not specifically mention Marquette as top 2.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 08:18:31 AM »

Can you provide us with the specifics of said house?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »
We got Juan Anderson away from Cali. I'd hope that the allure of the BEast lures kids in more than a couple of scantily clad girls (as hot as they may be as Arizona)

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 08:49:14 AM »
While the warm weather and view of  mountains look awfully good to us, York is from Califiornia and is use to warm weather and mountains. Therefore, it is problably less impressive to him than a potential recruit from Wisconsin. My house is on Lake Michigan and the view is beautiful. However, I see it everyday and so it is common place to me. It probably will really come down to coaching staff and conference.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
One thing I found kind of puzzling about his quotes about the Arizona visit - was how great the guys on the basketball team were, and how he enjoyed hanging out with them...and made it sound like Arizona was the only school that let him hang with the team?  I'd have to think MU gave him a chance to meet the guys on the team/interact, etc. - as that seems to be part of the normal recruiting visit, right?

Last thought, though Arizona may have the mountains, and better girls - Marquette has Lake Michigan, professional basketball in town, the Big East, Buzz Williams, and a growing reputation of turning out well-coached, hard working, good character talent to the NBA...

Come on Gabe - MU is where it is at!!
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »
It's not like the history and tradition of Zona basketball, Sean Miller, and the second pick in the draft is puppy chow. Plus, the burritos and nachos are better there.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 09:09:42 AM »
As much as I would like Gabe York to MU, it would seem a top priority would be someone to replace
Jae Crowder.  Besides Steve Taylor, is there anyone else MU is after that could fill his spot?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
As much as I would like Gabe York to MU, it would seem a top priority would be someone to replace
Jae Crowder.  Besides Steve Taylor, is there anyone else MU is after that could fill his spot?

Alex Poythress - highly regarded Power Forward (Top 40 player nationally) - though not sure where we stand with him right now..we'd been mentioned a lot in the past with him, but seemingly not a lot of recent chatter.

Prince Ibeh - though is more of a 5 than a PF

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 11:22:32 AM »
Alex Poythress - highly regarded Power Forward (Top 40 player nationally) - though not sure where we stand with him right now..we'd been mentioned a lot in the past with him, but seemingly not a lot of recent chatter.

Prince Ibeh - though is more of a 5 than a PF

Very quiet right now on recruits, need a big, would not be surprised to see a JC kid for that spot.  A starting slot is obvious
with no one on the team right now to fill that.  Of course, Buzz can offer that to any PF, JC or high school kid.  This is a
statement recruit, lets see if Buzz can close the deal as it is much easier to tell a kid he can start if he works hard in practice,
of course, talent helps.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »
Arizona would be tough to beat, especially for a west coast kid.  Would love to see him at MU but I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed. My son goes U of A. Great campus, great climate. The area around the campus is a little shady, the school is not in a nice part of tucson. That said, Arizona is a tough school to recruit against. Outside of a few months in the summer, it is a terrific climate.

feedback