Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:25:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gabe York Quotes from recent Arizona and MU visits  (Read 18575 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Re: Gabe York Quotes from recent Arizona and MU visits
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
Agreed. My son goes U of A. Great campus, great climate. The area around the campus is a little shady, the school is not in a nice part of tucson. That said, Arizona is a tough school to recruit against. Outside of a few months in the summer, it is a terrific climate.

It all depends if he wants to play in the Big East vs. the Pac Ten.  MU really will never beat out AZ when it comes to
the points you discussed.  I assumed MU worked hard on him, Juan Anderson if involved might help here being a WC
kid.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:22 PM »
Ill bet my house he doesnt come to MU

Can you provide us with the specifics of said house?

Is this it?

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

leever

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
Agreed. My son goes U of A. Great campus, great climate. The area around the campus is a little shady, the school is not in a nice part of tucson. That said, Arizona is a tough school to recruit against. Outside of a few months in the summer, it is a terrific climate.

Yes, but outside of , er, uh, 8 months in the winter, Milwaukee has a perfect climate as well.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
I'd be willing to bet 99% of the country hadn't heard of derrick williams until the tourney started...had zona not made a run I wonder where he would have been drafted.

Williams was considered a high-lottery pick pretty much all season long.
GO WARRIORS!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »
Yes, but outside of , er, uh, 8 months in the winter, Milwaukee has a perfect climate as well.

Hmm...I'd disagree with that. 8 months of winter, two weeks of spring if you're lucky, then about 10 weeks of 95% humidity, 85-degree-plus excruciating drinking the air kind of heat, then maybe a month of fall.

I'd say we've usually got about 6 good weeks a year :)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 05:51:24 PM »
I'm confused, are you boasting Vegas' weather right now? 106-111 sounds incredibly awful and I'd much rather shovel then deal with that B.S. Now UofA's women, campus, and weather during the school year I'll buy.

The only issue with the Pac-10 is national exposure, no one really knows about any of the West Coast talent until tourney time. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the country hadn't heard of derrick williams until the tourney started...had zona not made a run I wonder where he would have been drafted.

Maybe you do not know about West Coast talent, but lots of folks do. The pro scouts knew who he was as they were at just about every game he played. Last I checked, the Pac-10 (12)covers quite a few people.

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 06:14:14 PM »
What a bunch of garbage regarding the weather! Wisconsin is a beautiful state. Yes, I would love to give away January, February, and March, but the other months are not that bad. Also, May, June, July, August, September and October are absolutely beautiful months in our state. During the three toughest months of weather the players are focused on basketball and their studies. They are indoors most of the time during those months anyway.

People go overboard when discussing the weather in our state. As I said, three months are bad, three months are fine, and the remaining six months are awesome!

Mr. York, you will love Milwaukee, and Marquette would love to win a Big East championship with you leading the charge!

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
Hard to be in inside playing hoops in AZ, if you are serious about hoops the Big East is where you want to be.  Secondly, MU takes a trip every year
to some island.  The Pac 10 plays a tourny in LA, no big deal, but playing at the Garden, does not get better than that.  For one week you are the talk
of college BB.  Finally, a lockout in the NBA, I guess Brandon Jennings and the boys will be playing at the Al.  Hope Buzz can get some recruits in this
summer to see that and play with them.  A lot to sell.

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 08:17:29 PM »
What a bunch of garbage regarding the weather! Wisconsin is a beautiful state. Yes, I would love to give away January, February, and March, but the other months are not that bad. Also, May, June, July, August, September and October are absolutely beautiful months in our state. During the three toughest months of weather the players are focused on basketball and their studies. They are indoors most of the time during those months anyway.

Not for me, i despise the weather here in Wisconsin. Besides from about June through September, the rest of our weather pretty much blows.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »

Can you provide us with the specifics of said house?

Just a prototypical house.........4 bedroom, 3 bath so on and so on

I know hes interested but until we actually land one of the big names we are always in on........i think i made the safe bet.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »

People go overboard when discussing the weather in our state. As I said, three months are bad, three months are fine, and the remaining six months are awesome!

Mr. York, you will love Milwaukee, and Marquette would love to win a Big East championship with you leading the charge!

Agreed. Weather is a bad excuse for picking your basketball destination.

Look at the last NCAA champions and think about the weather they have:

Connecticut
Duke
North Carolina
Florida (okay, probably a rare one)
Syracuse
Maryland
Michigan State
Kentucky
Kansas

And that's going back 13 years...Big East, ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12...

BTW, last "NON power conference" team to win the title arguably was Marquette in 1977. Or Texas Western in 1966.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:10:05 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Eye

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:11 PM »
BTW, last "NON power conference" team to win the title arguably was Marquette in 1977. Or Texas Western in 1966.

UNLV was certainly a huge team in 1990, but hard to call the Big West at the time a power conference. But bottom line is your general point is correct.
GO WARRIORS!

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »
Only praise for Gabe York from the announcers for the Arizona vs Ohio St game and from Charles Barkley. 

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »
I'm confused, are you boasting Vegas' weather right now? 106-111 sounds incredibly awful and I'd much rather shovel then deal with that B.S. Now UofA's women, campus, and weather during the school year I'll buy.

The only issue with the Pac-10 is national exposure, no one really knows about any of the West Coast talent until tourney time. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the country hadn't heard of derrick williams until the tourney started...had zona not made a run I wonder where he would have been drafted.

Just saw this after the bump today... To each his own.  I like wearing flip flops/shorts, and playing golf year round.  In the summer everyone is in their pools.  It's a dry heat.  I do miss Wisky in the summer though.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 11:24:51 AM »
I get the flip flops and pool however saying you enjoy 111*F is a bit much.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 01:22:30 PM »
In WI I hibernated Jan-Feb-Mar.  In LV I hibernate a little, but still play golf early in the morning.  I'd rather be at a pool in the summer than in a bar in the winter.  WI women wear tons of layers in winter.  LV women/tourists wear less in the summer.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 01:31:18 PM »
Posts a few pics, Bro.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
Spring is here... summer is close behind!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »
Spring is here... summer is close behind!

From the Venetian, a'nia?