[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Futbol Talk  (Read 787976 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Futbol Talk
« Reply #4125 on: March 05, 2023, 01:18:32 PM »
One step forward, two steps back for United. Very much enjoyed watching that.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #4126 on: March 05, 2023, 03:01:57 PM »
One step forward, two steps back for United. Very much enjoyed watching that.

Absolute thrashing

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #4127 on: March 05, 2023, 05:32:08 PM »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #4128 on: March 05, 2023, 05:44:39 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #4129 on: March 05, 2023, 06:05:32 PM »
#bestfansinfutbol

They should do well hosting USWNT vs Ireland next month.

I also like the new Houston stadium renovations and some of the other things they are doing there with the Dash and Dynamo:

https://twitter.com/bayoucitysoccer/status/1625926235246166018?s=46&t=2yq492pK71mdOp8w378Aiw

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4130 on: March 13, 2023, 01:35:51 PM »
The Reynas don't seem like a nice couple.

https://twitter.com/BonaguraESPN/status/1635340812744802304

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4131 on: March 13, 2023, 02:29:20 PM »

I was on their side in terms of the whole Greggg vs Gio playing time debacle, but holy hell have they progressively looked more and more toxic in the process.  The ultimate unintentional Wile E Coyote lighting a stick of dynamite to have it explode in your face in terms of public perception.

That Danielle Reyna quote about sneakers sounds like a fake quote someone on Twitter would come up making fun of them.  My goodness.

Man, US Soccer is an unmitigated disaster of an org

panda

• All American
« Reply #4132 on: March 13, 2023, 02:36:03 PM »
I was on their side in terms of the whole Greggg vs Gio playing time debacle, but holy hell have they progressively looked more and more toxic in the process.  The ultimate unintentional Wile E Coyote lighting a stick of dynamite to have it explode in your face in terms of public perception.

That Danielle Reyna quote about sneakers sounds like a fake quote someone on Twitter would come up making fun of them.  My goodness.

Man, US Soccer is an unmitigated disaster of an org

The Reyna's look terrible. GGG still seems vindictive for his treatment of Gio.

Morale of the story here is to move outside of the tiny insular community of US Soccer for the next series of hires.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4133 on: March 13, 2023, 04:39:43 PM »

I thought the biggest revelation was that Berhalter very much assaulted his girlfriend/current wife.

His statement admitted only that he "kicked her in the legs" amidst a lapse in judgement but we learn he dropped her to the ground, kicked her twice, and was seemingly only stopped because a stranger tackled him.

Rosalind's first port of call was Danielle (soon to be) Reyna, Berhalter told his family and went to counseling, and this foursome was forged in drama and ceased in drama over the course of three decades. Bizarre.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4134 on: March 13, 2023, 05:40:18 PM »
The Reyna's look terrible. GGG still seems vindictive for his treatment of Gio.

Morale of the story here is to move outside of the tiny insular community of US Soccer for the next series of hires.

Yea, Ive seen some people online try to frame this as a win for GGG, which is strange.  The Reynas are nasty business, but that's not to mean GGG looks any less terrible as a manager, or less faulty in the past incident in question.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4135 on: March 13, 2023, 10:12:05 PM »
They encapsulate the "horrible soccer parents" perfectly.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4136 on: March 14, 2023, 09:20:16 AM »
They encapsulate the "horrible soccer parents" perfectly.

They do, however, after reading the full report I think they were maligned unfairly in the beginning.

The USSF friendly media painted it as "blackmail" and "extortion" on the part of the Reyna's and casually have referred to it as that since the story broke whereas the report shows it was nothing of the sort.

Terribly overbearing and obnoxious and irresponsible and trashy but that's an area a vast majority of parents have lived their lives in during the course of a child's career. But it wasn't extortion. It wasn't blackmail.

jesmu84

• All American

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4138 on: March 16, 2023, 10:41:51 AM »

jesmu84

• All American

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4140 on: March 18, 2023, 01:39:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/MattDoyle76/status/1636730855803559936?t=vjgvWnLiIwWBFFBHx6sFHg&s=19

👀

Doyle is another MLS/USMNT homer.  Hell, he said GGG is easily a better coach than Bob Bradley.  I don’t love Bob Bradley but that’s just silly.

Pulisic’s comments were interesting, but the whole interview was more diplomatic and generally supportive of the USMNT than it was some ringing endorsement of GGG.  I’ve seen people spinning his “we don’t need a rebuild” comment and don’t need to bring a bunch of guys in as saying he supports things as they are, but I don’t see it as that.  I think it’s very much resembling the idea that the USMNT is in a great place talent wise, and now needs a proper world class manager to take it to the next level.

panda

• All American
« Reply #4141 on: March 18, 2023, 02:23:12 PM »
Doyle is another MLS/USMNT homer.  Hell, he said GGG is easily a better coach than Bob Bradley.  I don’t love Bob Bradley but that’s just silly.

Pulisic’s comments were interesting, but the whole interview was more diplomatic and generally supportive of the USMNT than it was some ringing endorsement of GGG.  I’ve seen people spinning his “we don’t need a rebuild” comment and don’t need to bring a bunch of guys in as saying he supports things as they are, but I don’t see it as that.  I think it’s very much resembling the idea that the USMNT is in a great place talent wise, and now needs a proper world class manager to take it to the next level.

I’d laugh in your face ten years ago if you told me what I’m about to say but Viera or Henry are great candidates for the next cycle. Both speak English, have managed in MLS and are far outside the current slurp fest that is the USSF and associated media members.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4142 on: March 18, 2023, 04:00:17 PM »

I was just sharing for puli perspective on GGG. Not Matt's interpretation. Thought it was interesting

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4143 on: March 18, 2023, 05:12:54 PM »
I was just sharing for puli perspective on GGG. Not Matt's interpretation. Thought it was interesting

Fair enough.  Just more pointing out how funny that the usual honks are using Puli statements/Reyna’s looking like asshats to suddenly try and absolve GGG of being subpar.

I’d laugh in your face ten years ago if you told me what I’m about to say but Viera or Henry are great candidates for the next cycle. Both speak English, have managed in MLS and are far outside the current slurp fest that is the USSF and associated media members.

First off, hell no to Henry.  He makes GGG look like Sir Alec.  He was bad at Montreal and terrible at Monaco.

Viera is a bit more interesting, but I don’t know about his really methodical possession style.  He also has a tendency to bunker down.  Palace was positively anemic his last few games.  Which gives me nightmares about former USMNT performances with no scoring

panda

• All American
« Reply #4144 on: March 21, 2023, 02:24:03 PM »
Fair enough.  Just more pointing out how funny that the usual honks are using Puli statements/Reyna’s looking like asshats to suddenly try and absolve GGG of being subpar.

First off, hell no to Henry.  He makes GGG look like Sir Alec.  He was bad at Montreal and terrible at Monaco.

Viera is a bit more interesting, but I don’t know about his really methodical possession style.  He also has a tendency to bunker down.  Palace was positively anemic his last few games.  Which gives me nightmares about former USMNT performances with no scoring

As the core of this program progress in their careers, I believe it will be more and more difficult for coaches like Anthony Hudson, GGG, Bruce Arena etc. to connect to players who grew up playing in Europe's elite academies and for top tier coaches. I said it during the early days of Gio gate, but I couldn't imagine Gio who plays for one of the top younger managers in Europe getting chastised tactically by a guy who couldn’t cut it at a club in the Swedish second teir.

Tactically I agree both are no where near the elites in the game, however neither was Klinsmann with Germany. Hire someone like LOW to manage the tactics and let the head man manage the egos and bring in the best possible players without feeling obligated to select a couple of MLS players. The respect level would be huge amongst the players for either Henry or Viera and recruitment would be massive - Hello Balogun, this is Thierry.

To counter your tactical argument, GGG considered himself a tactician and tried to force a very difficult way of playing on this team and produced some of the most negative soccer I’ve seen at times. International soccer is getting the 11 best players on the field and get them to play with a collective spirit. I think both of those guys can produce that spirit, moreso Henry then Viera.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4145 on: March 23, 2023, 05:46:40 PM »
Nagelsmann out, tuchel in at Bayern.

Bayern stats this season:

• Bundesliga: 25 games, 15 wins, 7 draw, 3 losses.
• UCL: 8 games, 8 wins, 0 losses.
• DFB Pokal: 3 games, 3 wins, 0 losses.
• DFL Supercup: win.

goals - 112
goals conceded - 34

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4146 on: March 26, 2023, 06:16:51 PM »
Conte out

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4147 on: March 27, 2023, 08:17:58 AM »
Writing had been on the wall for weeks, just figuring out compensation behind closed doors.  I think Nagelsmann becoming available sped the process along immensely.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #4148 on: March 27, 2023, 09:56:02 AM »
Some clubs are fated to consistently provide laughs.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4149 on: March 27, 2023, 08:04:03 PM »
Pepi le Pow
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback