collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Futbol Talk  (Read 788371 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: Futbol Talk
« Reply #3975 on: September 09, 2022, 08:50:24 AM »
Yeah, I don't think they are going to play next Saturday when the funeral is going on. I know logistics are tough, but maybe they will move all games to Sunday - they can't go past that day because it's an international break.

The other issue is the European competitions next week. Chelsea and Arsenal are hosting in London on Wednesday and Thursday.  Liverpool and City are as well but those might be easier.

No way European competitions get postponed. The group stages have to be done before the WC.  FA Cup Replays will be gone, but even with that the scheduling will be a nightmare.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #3976 on: September 09, 2022, 08:55:25 AM »
I am wondering if the London clubs will try to swap home games with the clubs visiting next week.  Or maybe all will be good.

You can make up this weeks games by playing over a couple of weeks at the same time as Europe in the Spring, but UEFA doesn't like that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3977 on: September 10, 2022, 12:07:55 AM »
She isn't even buried yet, someone should say "oops, we were mistaken, she's alive" and Weekend at Bernie's the Queen until the International break.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3978 on: September 10, 2022, 07:20:42 AM »
She isn't even buried yet, someone should say "oops, we were mistaken, she's alive" and Weekend at Bernie's the Queen until the International break.

I know this is a joke, but there is a non-zero chance that this actually would have happened if she died during the WC and England were playing well into the latter stages.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #3979 on: September 11, 2022, 06:00:15 PM »
Bet they wish they would have played this weekend with the funeral not taking place until Monday.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #3980 on: September 12, 2022, 08:57:53 AM »
Here’s an update on the potential for playing games latter this week and upcoming weekend.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=v_MXA_e7F7E&feature=share

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3981 on: September 12, 2022, 11:48:04 AM »

Premier League
@premierleague

The #PL will resume this weekend after a pause to the season as a mark of respect following the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Seven of the 10 Matchweek 8 fixtures will be played, with three postponed due to events surrounding The Queen’s funeral.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3982 on: September 14, 2022, 10:09:59 AM »

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3983 on: September 14, 2022, 11:07:24 AM »
Not sure I get Pepi over Haji or Pefok. Would also think that this now officially ends Brooks international career.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3984 on: September 14, 2022, 11:49:43 AM »
Not sure I get Pepi over Haji or Pefok. Would also think that this now officially ends Brooks international career.

Pepi call up makes ZERO sense to me.  I think he's got a ton of potential, obviously, but his club form has been pretty mediocre.  He hasn't scored since leaving MLS.  Meanwhile Haji has been scoring for fun and Pefok has had a nice start in Berlin.  Also not sure why Arriola is still getting significant run.  I'll keep my mouth shut about Morris cause thats just not worth it and never gonna change.

I'll disagree on Brooks though.  I think its a form/playing time issue more than anything.  He was club-less since leaving Wolfsburg in March.  Now that he's with Benfica, if he gets significant time, I think he's back in the picture.  He's not yet 30 and has tons of experience.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #3985 on: September 14, 2022, 03:21:33 PM »
Pepi over Pefok sucks. He's been so bad since the move overseas. Hard to imagine a world where he gets hot enough to make the WC team at this point, so why bother?

Brooks left off after his time off makes sense in a vacuum, but there's obviously something between him and Greggggg. Can still see him contributing for Jesse Marsch's USMNT in the next cycle.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3986 on: September 17, 2022, 02:28:19 PM »
Is Son back??

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3987 on: September 17, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »
An entertaining half hour.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

panda

• All American
« Reply #3988 on: September 21, 2022, 03:04:56 PM »
Late to this but no Pefok on this weeks friendly roster ?

panda

• All American
« Reply #3989 on: September 23, 2022, 12:31:43 PM »
Truly pathetic display this morning. Ferrera missing an absolute sitter will not help the “where’s pefok” crowd. Horrendous miss.

Center back pairing just embarrassing.

Playing a high line when you cant hold possession is such a gregggggggg tactical decision.

A complete embarrassment.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3990 on: September 23, 2022, 03:43:58 PM »
Well, at least least England just got relegated, and have looked pretty awful for a while now.  Should be a very interesting group.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #3991 on: September 23, 2022, 03:45:34 PM »
I don't know how much of an indicator the Nations League is, but Wales hasn't been all that good either.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3992 on: September 23, 2022, 07:14:35 PM »
I don't know how much of an indicator the Nations League is, but Wales hasn't been all that good either.

Their stars are aging and not in good form.  Bale played only 40 league games total in the last 3 years and is now playing below his depth significantly.  Ramsey hasn't played much recently and is a shell of his star self.  Joe Allen is no longer a EPL level talent.  Their keepers are backups.

Oh, and their manager wasn't successful...at the League 1 and League 2 level, much less running a national team

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3993 on: September 24, 2022, 01:29:24 PM »
Their stars are aging and not in good form.  Bale played only 40 league games total in the last 3 years and is now playing below his depth significantly.  Ramsey hasn't played much recently and is a shell of his star self.  Joe Allen is no longer a EPL level talent.  Their keepers are backups.

Oh, and their manager wasn't successful...at the League 1 and League 2 level, much less running a national team

Yep. The more I look at the group, the more I think the US should get out of it and it's a failure if they don't. There may not be a pushover in the group and Iran is a tricky game, but they and Wales are both clearly at a lower level than the US.

I don't hate Berhalter, but assuming the squad is mostly healthy, he is my main concern going into November.

panda

• All American
« Reply #3994 on: September 27, 2022, 02:53:45 PM »
0-0 to saudi arabia B team  8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

All for the system

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #3995 on: October 01, 2022, 12:07:00 PM »
Very quiet in here. Weird. 🤔

panda

• All American

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3997 on: October 01, 2022, 09:33:35 PM »
Apparently 120 were killed (Stampede) at an Indonesian soccer game after police fired tear gas because of brawls in the stands. WTF?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 09:35:43 PM by MuggsyB »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3998 on: October 02, 2022, 09:15:12 AM »
Went to my first Charlotte FC match last night and had a good time. Charlotte, a first-year expansion team, had only 4 shots all game (all by the same player) and he scored on all 4 of them. Philly, which is in first place, managed only 1 shot all game. The fans had a lot of energy, chanting and singing much of the night, and there were 40K+ people there.

I went with my daughter, who played soccer in HS and was a Seattle Sounders season ticket holder for years, so it was great to have somebody who knew futbol next to me. I'm going back to the stadium today to watch the Panthers; hope they have similar success! (4-0 in futbol = about 44-0 in football, right?)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3999 on: October 04, 2022, 10:22:48 AM »
Very quiet in here. Weird. 🤔

Because if I talk about it, it will end.

feedback