[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT": bin laden dead!  (Read 15574 times)

BME to MD

• Scholarship Player
Re: OT": bin laden dead!
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 08:31:50 AM »
How about watch it, then respond?  Just sayin'

Judge Dredd has spoken Reinko. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 09:18:29 AM »
STORY CHANGED: OSAMA DIDN'T HAVE GUN, DIDN'T USE WIFE AS HUMAN SHIELD...

Click to view story:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54162.html

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 09:55:54 AM »
OK...so it sounds as though some details were mixed up in the "fog of war."  Apparently some woman was used as a human shield during the raid.

You make it sound as if it's a huge conspiracy of some sort.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 11:49:08 AM »
Spectacular in what way?  I can only assume Stewart is in a full cheerleading outfit with pompoms at this point.  It's amazing how many people get their 'news' from the Daily Show

Jeez. I didn't say it was news. It was entertaining.

Lighten up Francis.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »
Chicos- Here are the videos. Mind you, I don't agree with his take on Al Qaeda at the end of the second video, I think he's underestimating them. But the rest of it I thought was pretty good.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-may-2-2011/big-deady
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-may-2-2011/to-kill-a-mockingturd

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2011, 12:16:47 PM »
Interesting Op-Eds in the Wall Street Journal today.  Essentially saying that the "Arab street," while still not pro-American by any means, is much less "pro-violence" than they were a decade ago.  That most Muslims had basically viewed bin Laden as a burden, and even though AQ made a huge effort to impact what went on in Egypt, they were largely ignored.

So while I agree with you that it will never be "over," I think the world is safer than it used to be.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2011, 01:52:40 PM »
Oh, yeah, the Daily Show ..  The audience actually gets less informed for having watched, bunch of dumb asses they are. 

Oh, wait.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »
Jeez. I didn't say it was news. It was entertaining.

Lighten up Francis.

+1. I don't usually watch Daily Show but caught it last night, thought it was really good. Thanks for that topper. Chicos, posting well after midnight, I thought lights out at the home was 8 p.m.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »
Stewart's leanings get a bit tiresome at times, but last night was hysterical.

"So we shouldn't have killed Bin Laden cause the terrorists might attack us?  You know who won't see that?  Bin Laden, cause she shot out his eyes and now he lives in a pineapple under the sea..."

Politics aside, thats just hilarious and some of those movie posters were brilliant. I was dying

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »
Does topper actually want to cite a source there?
Caught Stewart this morning on a few blogs. thought he was pretty good. Thats usually the only way I watch the show. Usually its only when Stewart is "on." Colbert was pretty good too. Colbert has waned on me though. the more I watch the daily show the more I see Colbert is the left over jokes.

On a personal note, I'm jealous of the SEAL who got to pull the trigger.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »
OK...so it sounds as though some details were mixed up in the "fog of war."  Apparently some woman was used as a human shield during the raid.

You make it sound as if it's a huge conspiracy of some sort.

I didn't make it sound like that all.  In fact, in a previous post I said things will change, the stories always do.  No conspiracy theory, but any of these things there will be a version that doesn't size up with what comes out of the spin machine and that's true for any administration.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »
Sure chicos. All caps wasn't meant for effect at all. (Gimme a break...)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »
This article already has some serious holes in it.Bin Laden did not use wife as a human shield, that was already debunked earlier today by the Seals.   "One of the most gutsiest calls of any president”...could there be any more cheer leading with that statement.  Gutsy is dropping an A-Bomb on a city that will kill 100,000 people and having to live with the decision.  There are even some stories tonight that those secret prisons that so many people despised and wanted closed down were actually the venues where the key information was gathered in 2005, 2006, and 2008.  Some are even claiming waterboarding was the key. 

The stories keep changing and I'm sure through the years we will hear from folks off the record as well.  I'm thrilled Osama is gone.  God Bless Bush and Obama for setting up the process and sticking to it until he was dead.  I can't say the same thing about when all this stuff happened 13 years ago and nothing was done because it was a "law enforcement" issue.

Al Queda isn't dead and will want to show the world they are not.  They are also a patient bunch and could wait months or years to decide to say hello again.  We must remain ever vigilant but unfortunately we don't.  We get smug, lazy, let down our guard as human nature often dictates will happen.  That is when we will be at our most vulnerable.

It seems like you are looking for reasons to be mad and/or ways that this is a partisan issue.

I'm just not sure that it is.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 03:46:40 PM »
Oh, yeah, the Daily Show ..  The audience actually gets less informed for having watched, bunch of dumb asses they are. 

Oh, wait.

Hmmm, don't recall ever saying someone got dumb by watching the Daily Show.  I watch the Daily Show, I like the Daily Show, but I don't rely on it as my sole news sources.

That study say where else they are getting their info, or if so it would be nice to see that.  I watch the Daily Show, I know my current events better than most. I would come up rating very high on that list but under what category...I also get news from many other places, too.  I'd have to ask if this study is saying audiences of Daily Show that DO NOTHING ELSE score that way?  Or is it a combination of many news outlets, liberal, conservative, moderate, that happen to be Daily Show viewers.  That's a significantly different premise.

Two, because someone can "identify" who Putin is that determines of they are intelligent?  Furthermore, HOW do they view Putin, or Palin, or Obama, or whomever.  The Daily Show just like any of these other shows may tell you who they are but then they also insert their point of view in shaping who these people, events, etc are to fit their agenda.  Is it the proper agenda, the proper viewpoint...or even the COMPLETE picture?

Two, if you receive all of your news from only one slanted perspective, you are cheating yourself IMO.  All one is doing is reaffirming their position, looking for an attaboy from the talking head to put their views on a plate, cleansed and ready to be chomped down.

Those that get all their news from MSNBC, the NY Times and Huff Post have a decidedly different collection of events to view their news because of what is offered and the prism it is offered through.  No different than if you only receive your news from Fox, Wall Street Journal and National Review.   People should taste from multiple perspectives.  Every day I read the NY Times front page, LA Times, Wash Post, WSJ, and watch CNN and Fox, listen to NPR driving home.  Diehard Real Clear Politics reader that has stories broken out by genre and brings in articles on a topic with vastly different viewpoints.  Good stuff.  Same issues, many different perspectives. 

I think Stewart is a cheerleader, I know what I'm getting into when I watch him.  He's funny but no way am I going to get all my worldly views from him or Bill Maher, or Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly.  Some people that's their deal...I believe their cheating themselves.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
It seems like you are looking for reasons to be mad and/or ways that this is a partisan issue.

As usual, Chicos is looking to prove to everybody that he's the smartest guy in the room.  That is his only objective - ever.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
Not only the smartest guy in the room, but the guy who says something...BUT DOESN'T REALLY MEAN ANYTHING BY IT!!

Like the annoying little brother who contantly annoys everyone.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »
Sure chicos. All caps wasn't meant for effect at all. (Gimme a break...)

Sigh.  If you must know, and perhaps the moderators can prove this, it was a cut and paste from a headline link from another source sent through my iPhone.  In other words, I didn't type any of it...that was all cut and paste.

I didn't capitalize any of it.  I got it either from RCP, Drudge Retort (liberal version of Drudge) or Drudge Report

Sorry, but you're just wrong on this accusation

UPDATE:  Like I indicated, it was just a cut and paste fro one of those sites but I couldn't remember which one.  Look at the middle of the page on the graphic below...EXACT replica...I simple cursored it on the iphone, pasted it and the link into MuScoop.  Nothing sinister.  Glad I was able to GIVE YOU A BREAK (purposely put in caps   ;D )

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:55:46 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »

The only thing that has me mad about this whole thing are the folks that are so naive to think this ends terrorism.  I see those reports, mostly on liberal sites and such, and I wonder what utopian, marshmellow, unicorn world they live in.  That would be the only thing that makes me mad.  Unfortunately there are a few of these naive folks that actually reside in our gov't today, and that affects us all.  There are some hard core right wingers that feel this way at all.  Maybe they are right.  Maybe the world is ready to do a big kumbaya

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
+1. I don't usually watch Daily Show but caught it last night, thought it was really good. Thanks for that topper. Chicos, posting well after midnight, I thought lights out at the home was 8 p.m.

Little League didn't end until well after 8:00pm.  Worked late on a number of things for work.  Most important reports of my day come out at 12:07am so I'm usually up each early morning to see those reports on how the day went.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »
Why do I feel like I am in a Mad Libs reading of a Buzz vs Crean argument from a few months back?

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »
K, you didn't get my joke. You're an old curmudgeon who is clearly partisan towards this and apparently all other issues, but feel the need to try to convince us all that you're not, ad nauseum. What I've seen is constant reinforcement that the war on terror is not over (across news sources) even though the figure head is gone, not a liberal spin that the war on terror is over.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 09:13:18 PM »
K, you didn't get my joke. You're an old curmudgeon who is clearly partisan towards this and apparently all other issues, but feel the need to try to convince us all that you're not, ad nauseum. What I've seen is constant reinforcement that the war on terror is not over (across news sources) even though the figure head is gone, not a liberal spin that the war on terror is over.

Why was my response deleted moderators?  I gave a number of concrete examples of 5 Senators and Congressmen that are now talking about pulling out because Bin Laden is dead.  I did not disparage anyone, did not call out anyone...why was it deleted?

Hoosier, I didn't think your joke was funny, otherwise I would have noted it.  How am I being partisan on this issue?  Please explain. I'm THRILLED Osama is dead.  I am thrilled and proud of our US Military and thrilled that Obama kept after this guy and finished what the previous regime had started.  Thrilled.  Please tell me what I'm partisan about.

I'm glad you have seen constant reinforcement, I've been reading the words and watching the videos of both Republican and Democrat lawmakers ready to high tail it out of there.  Barney Frank, Mike Honda, Dick Lugar, Carl Levin, etc, etc.  Some asking for IMMEDIATE withdrawl.  I provided quotes and links, but for some reason that was deleted.  WOW.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »
Sigh.  If you must know, and perhaps the moderators can prove this, it was a cut and paste from a headline link from another source sent through my iPhone.  In other words, I didn't type any of it...that was all cut and paste.

I didn't capitalize any of it.  I got it either from RCP, Drudge Retort (liberal version of Drudge) or Drudge Report

Sorry, but you're just wrong on this accusation

UPDATE:  Like I indicated, it was just a cut and paste fro one of those sites but I couldn't remember which one.  Look at the middle of the page on the graphic below...EXACT replica...I simple cursored it on the iphone, pasted it and the link into MuScoop.  Nothing sinister.  Glad I was able to GIVE YOU A BREAK (purposely put in caps   ;D )

Normally I would apologize, but you're kind of being insufferable today....or more insufferable than usual...

I love the victimization in your latest post.  Classic Chicos...

BME to MD

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »
1) Plugging the movie Restrepo for anyone who hasn't seen it.  It is an incredible glimpse into the realities of counterinsurgency warfare in Afganistan and is the work of the late Tim Hetherington.  
Watch it FREE (if you have Netflix): http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Restrepo/70129360?trkid=2361637

2) Anyone who is saying terrorism is over is guilty of hyperbole.  However, this is the closest to a VA Day that we are going to get and $2,000,000,000.00 per week is going to be harder to justify with Osama on the floor of the Arabian Sea.

Edit: Just realized it took me about 5 minutes to write this and did the math on that = $1,000,000.00 per 5 minutes...wild
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:36:17 PM by BME to MD »