[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT": bin laden dead!  (Read 15570 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: OT": bin laden dead!
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2011, 11:04:47 PM »
Look everybody I am sure he has a buddy who was at Gitmo for all the waterboardings and told him that it works; and any research or bother testimony to the contrary are just damn lies because people who toe the line of torture are under no pressure to justify their behavior.  Regardless, I think it is clear that Julian Assange is Bizarro Chicos.

Pakuni, thanks for the tip!  I'll check it out next time I get a chance.

Nope....no friends at Gitmo.  I just believe what the CIA interrogators that actually do it say about it, especially the ones that aren't scrubbed politically to say one thing while still under the employment of the gov't (and thus their opinions are not truly free without potential recourse).

http://swampland.time.com/2011/05/04/did-torture-get-the-us-osama-bin-laden/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/8491509/Osama-bin-Laden-killed-CIA-admits-waterboarding-yielded-vital-information.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obama-owes-thanks-and-an-apology-to-cia-interrogators/2011/05/03/AFka7tlF_story.html

So you can throw all your "research and testimony" in the trash can as far as I'm concerned....the proof is in the pudding and the experts are stating so.  Even Panetta, CIA Director, had to back down today and for once wasn't able to rule it didn't help (a huge back down from what he's said in the past). 

augoman

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2011, 12:56:15 AM »
Afghanistan and Pakistan in particular were havens of peace and prosperity prior to the U.S. response to 9/11.

you forgot the teal.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2011, 01:29:18 AM »
This pretty much says it all for me

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2011, 06:05:44 AM »

So you can throw all your "research and testimony" in the trash can as far as I'm concerned....the proof is in the pudding and the experts are stating so.  Even Panetta, CIA Director, had to back down today and for once wasn't able to rule it didn't help (a huge back down from what he's said in the past). 

Of course they are stating so, but thats not the point I want to make. I don't care if it did lead to crucial information or not. Once the debate on torture started becoming about whether or not it worked, we were already missing the real point, imho.  Shepard Smith said it best (and thats something I will likely never say again)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2011, 07:19:32 AM »
Hmmm...

Well, I've really only engaged Chico's specifically because it was about 3 posts into this thread that it started to become partisan.

Mac, your point is fair however, so I hate you too, ATL Warrior. Blind partisanship is for suckers.
MuMac and 2002,

My post was NOT "blind partisanship" as I am disgusted by either party equally. 

Chicos asked why there were people who now seemed ok with the means used to get bin laden who had objected earlier.  I stated that people's objections were diminished (probably only for the short term) because we actually found him.  Sudden success in a difficult long-term endeavor has a way of making people forget the sacrifices required to get there. 

As far as the previous administration changing course before accomplishing this particular mission, that's a matter of history, not partisanship.

Chicos over the top almost rapturous support of torture is an entirely different question and one that is hard to reconcile for a guy that received a fine Jesuit education and probably takes his family to church frequently. 

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2011, 07:53:52 AM »
  "Of all the left wing wussie bin Laden apologist responses I've seen, this one takes the cake!  Nice job, lady." 

Name calling's a start, I guess.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2011, 09:23:50 AM »
Hey mods...kind of wondering why this hasn't been locked.  You were the ones saying people should be careful...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2011, 09:36:04 AM »
MuMac and 2002,

My post was NOT "blind partisanship" as I am disgusted by either party equally. 

Chicos asked why there were people who now seemed ok with the means used to get bin laden who had objected earlier.  I stated that people's objections were diminished (probably only for the short term) because we actually found him.  Sudden success in a difficult long-term endeavor has a way of making people forget the sacrifices required to get there. 

As far as the previous administration changing course before accomplishing this particular mission, that's a matter of history, not partisanship.

Chicos over the top almost rapturous support of torture is an entirely different question and one that is hard to reconcile for a guy that received a fine Jesuit education and probably takes his family to church frequently. 

I don't disagree with your statement (above), but your last post came off as a shot at Bush, which I feel immediately puts some people on the defensive, and then the partisanship starts/continues.

To be honest, I've posted too much in this thread and wasted too much time on it. My initial point was that some people are too hardcore about their own politics that it gets in the way of seeing the actual point.

It's not any different than the Buzz vs Crean junk, so I suppose I just need to ignore this stuff too.

Bin Laden is gone. Team America. F. Yeah.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »
And..... Scene.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys