Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2012 recruit Kris Dunn  (Read 18307 times)

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
2012 recruit Kris Dunn
« on: April 23, 2011, 01:21:32 AM »
I'm not an espn insider but for some reason ESPN Scorecenter populated an insider blog from Dave Telep. To paraphrase the part that would be interesting to MU fans:
-Kris had a great weekend tourney last weekend for Connecticut Basketball Club at the Real Deal In The Rock.
-his recruitment is about to take off.
-AAU teammate of Andre Drummond who says Kris is Robin to his Batman.
-He's already been offered by Providence and every A10 school but Xavier
-Telep supposedly asked him straight up where he wanted to go and he said he wants to go to Marquette

6'3" pg from New London, CT. He's rated as a 91 by espn...which is good for 98th overall and 10th best pg. Unrated and unranked by scout and rivals.

Edit: uconn just offered him today. Going back and reading tweets from recruiting analysts last weekend, it seems that Dunn even upstaged Drummond last weekend...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:31:59 AM by foreverwarriors »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: 2012 recruit Kris Dunn
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 01:24:35 AM »
If Marshon returned, Providence could have had a Brooks and Dunn.
SS Marquette

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:24:56 AM »
Dude is blowing up. MU being on him early could pay some big time dividends. It'd be nice to have a guy to come off the bench his first year with Cadougan a senior that year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 05:19:12 AM »
He should bring Drummond along as a package deal.

Also, found a nice interview with him. I like the sound of his work ethic and his commitment to defense:

http://www.connecticutbasketballclub.org/2011/02/02/kris-dunn-qa-with-slam-magazine/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:41:44 AM by brewcity77 »
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »
BOYS BASKETBALL ALL-STATE MVP: Kris Dunn, New London
http://www.newhavenregister.com/articles/2011/04/17/sports/high_school/doc4dab533461b0d756371457.txt

He was just named Connecticut All-State MVP.  New London won the 2011 state HS championship in hoops. 

This article said he was considering Providence, Rhode Island, UMass & Boston College.

His fellow teammate, another all-state and a Sr. is unsigned at the moment and it says he's considering George Mason & Rhode Island.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »
Where do we stand with Dunn?  Evan Daniels from Scout was just tweeting about him and how his play has blown up.

Is he Buzz's top priority now?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »
Is he a one and dunn?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 05:16:10 PM »
Personally, I always thought he should be our top guard priority for 2012, even more so than York, but all the reports after York went to Arizona were that Dunn was our top target at the guard position. However his rising profile has UConn and Villanova both edging in, so I'm not sure where we stand. Providence has also been recruiting him hard, but I'm not sure how serious he is with them. He expressed an interest in MU some months back, but that was before his stock went up.

As far as one and done, I'd doubt it, but these days, who knows? If Jarion Henry's truly a one-and-done, I guess anyone could be.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 05:43:21 PM »
Is he a one and dunn?

nice.   ;D

And right over brew's head.... :-* :P

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »
nice.   ;D

And right over brew's head.... :-* :P

I got the pun :P ;D but considering he's being touted as the second best PG by some scouts and seems like he may be headed for a top-10 in the country ranking once the new rankings come out, Dunn may indeed be one-and-done ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »
Is Duane Wilson still a possibility for MU at this point?  I know that Koenig is the higher rated target, but I don't think he is going to consider us seriously...

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 09:47:40 PM »
Is Duane Wilson still a possibility for MU at this point?  I know that Koenig is the higher rated target, but I don't think he is going to consider us seriously...

We've offered Wilson, but he has a list longer than an aerial ladder. Koenig is definitely garnering significant attention, he picked up an offer from Duke today and is being heavily pursued by UNC and Wisconsin, with Virginia seemingly entering the picture and Kansas exiting it after getting a commit from 2013 PG Conner Frankamp.

Personally, my hope is still for Kris Dunn in 2012. He's the elite-level point guard we need to take over from Junior.

marquettewade3

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
If Marshon returned, Providence could have had a Brooks and Dunn.

Well played.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »
Word is Kentucky is showing interest.

Recent video of Dunn and Drummond doing it well for CBC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od4WqlRC_T0

Any chance Dunn and Drummond would be a package? Drummond would be an instant starter and Dunn would press for PG/SG minutes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:36:48 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 09:51:07 PM »
Word is Kentucky is showing interest.

Recent video of Dunn and Drummond doing it well for CBC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od4WqlRC_T0

Any chance Dunn and Drummond would be a package? Drummond would be an instant starter and Dunn would press for PG/SG minutes.

I've heard Dunn and Drummond as a possible package, but from the sounds of things now, Drummond will be skipping school and going straight to the NBA. He is a year older than the rest of his class, so when he graduates high school, he'll be eligible for the draft immediately. With the Dwight Howard comparisons he's been drawing, it's probably not a bad idea for him.

whodem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 09:57:13 PM »
I've heard Dunn and Drummond as a possible package, but from the sounds of things now, Drummond will be skipping school and going straight to the NBA. He is a year older than the rest of his class, so when he graduates high school, he'll be eligible for the draft immediately. With the Dwight Howard comparisons he's been drawing, it's probably not a bad idea for him.

Really? Where did you hear that? I thought Drummond was basically a UConn lock.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »

Does the current NBA CBA allow that? If so, huh...didn't know it!
SS Marquette

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 12:08:08 AM »
Does the current NBA CBA allow that? If so, huh...didn't know it!

No, it does not.  Brewcity77 is talking nonsense.  There is the age requirement, but there is also a requirement of being one-year removed from high school.  Drummond would be need to meet both of those requirements.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 12:15:03 AM »
No, it does not.  Brewcity77 is talking nonsense.  There is the age requirement, but there is also a requirement of being one-year removed from high school.  Drummond would be need to meet both of those requirements.

True, but there is a loophole in that rule.

To support Brewcity's claim:
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/30807041

http://www.kentuckywildcats.us/andre-drummond-skipping-college/
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:18:40 AM by TrueBlueAndGold »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 06:45:49 AM »
True, but there is a loophole in that rule.

To support Brewcity's claim:
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/30807041

http://www.kentuckywildcats.us/andre-drummond-skipping-college/

Thanks, True. It's absolutely possible that Drummond could go straight to the NBA. Before you start accusing me of talking nonsense, Jay Bee, you might want to research the topic ;) Here's the original article from Adam Zagoria:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/06/21/andre-drummond-to-the-2012-nba-draft/

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »
Thanks, True. It's absolutely possible that Drummond could go straight to the NBA. Before you start accusing me of talking nonsense, Jay Bee, you might want to research the topic ;) Here's the original article from Adam Zagoria:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/06/21/andre-drummond-to-the-2012-nba-draft/

I've done the research and disagree with the various commentary that has been out there (from Zagoria and many, many others).  It requires an interpretation of the current CBA language and I believe the conclusion that would be made by the NBA is that if Drummond went to another year of prep school school, his circumstance would not be in agreement with the spirit of 'graduation' from high school in 2011 (although his high school will tell you he recently 'graduated').  

Tell me, what would be the reason he would go back for another year of high school if he has already graduated?  He thinks the CBA will change for kids entering college in 2011?  No way.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:32:59 AM by Jay Bee »

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 10:37:30 AM »
I've done the research and disagree with the various commentary that has been out there (from Zagoria and many, many others).  It requires an interpretation of the current CBA language and I believe the conclusion that would be made by the NBA is that if Drummond went to another year of prep school school, his circumstance would not be in agreement with the spirit of 'graduation' from high school in 2011 (although his high school will tell you he recently 'graduated').  

Tell me, what would be the reason he would go back for another year of high school if he has already graduated?  He thinks the CBA will change for kids entering college in 2011?  No way.

Right now, the experts seem to agree that he will be eligible for the draft. So much so that most coaches aren't attending his games (see the CBS article above). The people who analyze this professionally expect him to declare, the coaches expect him to declare, at the very least that is a pretty damn good indicator that I'm not "talking nonsense".

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
Until the current contract is negotiated, we do not know what the rule is.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
Right now, the experts seem to agree that he will be eligible for the draft. So much so that most coaches aren't attending his games (see the CBS article above). The people who analyze this professionally expect him to declare, the coaches expect him to declare, at the very least that is a pretty damn good indicator that I'm not "talking nonsense".

No - the NBA analyzes this professionally.  You are talking NUTSO!!!!!!!!!  "He is a year older than the rest of his class, so when he graduates high school, he'll be eligible for the draft immediately" is precisely what you said.  Do you want to stand by that, or do you want to backtrack?  Read it again.  N U T S O.

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »
Until the current contract is negotiated, we do not know what the rule is.

Shoot, he may be playing with Kobe in Turkey next year!
SS Marquette