[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Jerseys?  (Read 105879 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: New Jerseys?
« Reply #350 on: September 06, 2011, 08:05:39 PM »
All 4 jersey's next to eachother: http://yfrog.com/h36rntvj

I'd like to point out that Al's face is mostly covered even with the 2 digit "32"

Here's the full size
http://a.yfrog.com/img615/5927/6rntv.jpg

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »
I'd like to point out that Al's face is mostly covered even with the 2 digit "32"

Here's the full size
http://a.yfrog.com/img615/5927/6rntv.jpg

I am not sure where they could place it and make it fully visible.  It almost seems more poorly placed with the double digits.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
I am not sure where they could place it and make it fully visible.  It almost seems more poorly placed with the double digits.

Could've made it bigger, lose the "cura personalis" at the bottom along with that circle.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »
The image on the back reminds me of a Christmas ornament.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »
Could've made it bigger, lose the "cura personalis" at the bottom along with that circle.

Actually, they could not have made it bigger.  As is, it stretches across the back area.  They could have lowered it to the bottom.  That is the only place in the current size it may have fit.  They could have made it smaller to fit it in.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2011, 09:40:46 PM »
I don't hate them, but I don't love them. I think they should have had only the seal or MU hall. 4 different pictures makes it look too busy, especially being so vertical.

At least Crean isn't the coach, otherwise the jerseys may have had something like this on the back:

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:35 PM »
We have his name on the front, the court and the practice facility. That isn't enough?

It's not the question of "isn't that enough" rather if you're going to put an image of him on there, why cover him up? Might as well not even use him at all.

I can see some people not familiar with MU saying this season, "I didn't know Richard Nixon went to Marquette."

At least, skew/rotate the image so it shows what should be seen: one of MU's most iconic figures in an unforgettable pose

« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 10:50:21 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #357 on: September 07, 2011, 09:15:21 AM »
I don't need to see Al's face to know that it's him. 

Honestly, these types of jerseys have been out for years and I never knew they had specific designs on the back until yesterday.  To a casual observer (ie - my view of Syracuse jerseys), it just looks like some weird Nike tech design.  Only Marquette fans will know and/or care.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

ultimate

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #358 on: September 07, 2011, 10:52:33 AM »
I don't need to see Al's face to know that it's him. 

Honestly, these types of jerseys have been out for years and I never knew they had specific designs on the back until yesterday.  To a casual observer (ie - my view of Syracuse jerseys), it just looks like some weird Nike tech design.  Only Marquette fans will know and/or care.

Where's the statistical analysis of how these jerseys will hurt or help us? What's our +/- on victories while wearing these things? What's the statistical probability that this redesign removes the curse of the "color x"?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #359 on: September 07, 2011, 11:24:57 AM »
I'm shocked that people are b1tching about the new jerseys.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #360 on: September 07, 2011, 11:53:16 AM »
We could get Taylor Swift to sing the National Anthem before the games, and some people would b1tch that we shoulda gotten Carrie Underwood.  (Not you, JayBee.)  That's just what we expect here.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #361 on: September 07, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »
The athletic department's twitter just confirmed the valour blue jerseys will have the same font as before.

http://twitter.com/#!/muathletics

@talltitan34 @mansond @daniel_manion BREAKING NEWS: 2011-12 #mubb valour blue alternates will feature this font style: http://ow.ly/6nWIf

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #362 on: September 07, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »

Agree.  In fact, on TV these look like gigantic sweat stains...which, in the end, is really the ultimate hat tip to the Buzzer.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #363 on: September 07, 2011, 12:29:13 PM »
We could get Taylor Swift to sing the National Anthem before the games, and some people would b1tch that we shoulda gotten Carrie Underwood.  (Not you, JayBee.)  That's just what we expect here.

BJ would prefer Mr. Ed.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #364 on: September 07, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »
The athletic department's twitter just confirmed the valour blue jerseys will have the same font as before.

http://twitter.com/#!/muathletics

Good to hear, I actually like that font better.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #365 on: September 07, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
Good to hear, I actually like that font better.

+1  Great to hear.  Looks more retro. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUjak

• Walk-On
« Reply #366 on: September 07, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »
No matter what the new jerseys would have looked like, the MU community would have been divided on the design since everyone has their own aesthetic preferences. I think adding "Cura Personalis" to the jerseys was a nice way to round out putting Marquette Hall and Al in the same space. I'm sure ESPN will make brief mention of the design in pre-game segments, so anyone who is unsure about what exactly is being depicted will probably pick up on it soon enough.

Super excited to see these in HD!
"A team should be an extension of their coach's personality... My teams were always arrogant and obnoxious." -Al

"They are under-manned and under-sized, but every time Marquette takes the floor, they are ready to play. And that's a credit to the coaching staff and these players." -ESPN, 2010

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #367 on: September 07, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »
Where's the statistical analysis of how these jerseys will hurt or help us? What's our +/- on victories while wearing these things? What's the statistical probability that this redesign removes the curse of the "color x"?

I'm more than just statistics and a pretty face.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #368 on: September 07, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »
They should have put a wagon wheel and an outline of the Door County peninsula

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #369 on: September 07, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »
I would have been happy with a Usinger's sausage, a brick of cheese and the Miller High Life logo (and maybe a snowmobile). That jersey would claim the entire state of WI and no one would say, "what is that stuff on the back of their jerseys?"

Boards

• Walk-On
« Reply #370 on: September 07, 2011, 04:43:07 PM »
To be honest I really thought there was going to be a drastic change, like the form fitting jersey Kentucky wears or something like that.  At the end of the day, they're not fantastic.  I have never been a huge fan of any water marks but I am pretty sure they changed the font of the jerseys and I think that looks a whole lot better. Overall disappointed. But still some of the best uni's in the country hands down.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #371 on: September 07, 2011, 04:46:43 PM »
To be honest I really thought there was going to be a drastic change, like the form fitting jersey Kentucky wears or something like that.  At the end of the day, they're not fantastic.  I have never been a huge fan of any water marks but I am pretty sure they changed the font of the jerseys and I think that looks a whole lot better. Overall disappointed. But still some of the best uni's in the country hands down.

I'm pretty sure they are form fitting.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #372 on: September 07, 2011, 05:00:14 PM »
Overall disappointed. But still some of the best uni's in the country hands down.

How can you be disappointed in "some of the best uni's in the country hands down"?????

8796CHAVEZC

• Walk-On
« Reply #373 on: September 07, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »
I have found out that the new jerseys will go on sale to the public probably some time in October. They will be available at Marquette University's Spirit Shop and most likely online also.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #374 on: September 07, 2011, 11:16:31 PM »
I have found out that the new jerseys will go on sale to the public probably some time in October. They will be available at Marquette University's Spirit Shop and most likely online also.

The Spirit Shop will probably start selling the new jerseys sometime in October?  Most likely online also?  This is great insider info!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback