[Today at 06:05:33 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: New Jerseys?  (Read 105317 times)

JPapi2525

• Walk-On
New Jerseys?
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »
I remember hearing a while back that we will be getting new Jordan brand jerseys this upcoming season.  Does anyone know anything of this or was I dreaming thinking we were getting knew unis.

If the rumor is true... what are you guys feeling for design, color, how many jerseys etc...

MUfan12

• All American
Re: New Jerseys?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 11:58:45 PM »
We will be getting new jerseys next year, and I have no idea what they'll look like. Broeker tweeted awhile back that he thought the fans will love what Nike came up with.

As much as I like our current ones, I love the idea of becoming the small private school with the creative uniforms again. Looking forward to seeing what they look like.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
Dont be surpirsed if they just do the cookie-cutter thing in the back with the designs (like Uconn, Cuse, Duke, St. Johns, etc). They might also make them more dri-fit because thats the style these days, the lighter the better. Hope those are the only two changes but we'll have to wait a while first.

TheDOC816

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
Dont be surpirsed if they just do the cookie-cutter thing in the back with the designs (like Uconn, Cuse, Duke, St. Johns, etc). They might also make them more dri-fit because thats the style these days, the lighter the better. Hope those are the only two changes but we'll have to wait a while first.

Officially the dri-fit style is called System of Dress.  It was really popular a few years ago with Syracuse, Kentucky, Ohio State rocking them.  They had the real tight fitting tops with huge baggy shorts that would be pants on most people.  If they go cookie cutter with the new uniforms, which we don't need in the first place, I for one will be listening to all the games next year.

TheDOC816

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:18:43 AM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 10:19:01 AM »
Officially the dri-fit style is called System of Dress.  It was really popular a few years ago with Syracuse, Kentucky, Ohio State rocking them.  They had the real tight fitting tops with huge baggy shorts that would be pants on most people.  If they go cookie cutter with the new uniforms, which we don't need in the first place, I for one will be listening to all the games next year.

::)

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »

Whoa...look out fashion police!!!  Very intimidating threat officer.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »

If our unis look like anyone I would suspect the uniforms end up looking like UNC, Cal and Georgetown since those are the other Jordan Brand schools.

I hope not, though.  I like having the best looking uniforms in college athletics. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 10:52:38 AM »
Those are not 'cookie cutter'.  They are for elite teams, and I personally think they look awesome.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 11:10:43 AM »
Nike may take some cues from the Elite styling, but the design will mimic UNC/Georgetown/Cal as fellow Brand Jordan schools.

I, too, like the idea of being the small school with the interesting uniforms. I'm kind of hoping they use MU as the basketball version of Oregon (http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/anna_griffin/index.ssf/2011/01/espns_uniform_expert_expounds.html).
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

Stuckin1977

• Starter
    • Stuck in 1977
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 11:12:05 AM »
I personally love the current unis, especially the gold ones.  I have noticed though that a couple other teams have copied us in putting stripes down the sides (Syracuse, Dayton, etc)

Really hoping Nike doesn't botch this.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »
Anyone have contacts at Nike?  Kick off an email to the Jordan Brand employees and see if they can grab us a pic.

TheDOC816

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
Those are not 'cookie cutter'.  They are for elite teams, and I personally think they look awesome.

How are they not 'Cookie Cutter'? Isn't the reason you use a cookie cutter is to get the same thing every time?  Aren't those 'elite teams' uniforms the same therefore being of a 'cookie cutter' style?  Those back designs just look like huge sweat stains after a while.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 11:28:19 AM »
How are they not 'Cookie Cutter'? Isn't the reason you use a cookie cutter is to get the same thing every time?  Aren't those 'elite teams' uniforms the same therefore being of a 'cookie cutter' style?  Those back designs just look like huge sweat stains after a while.

They do, and it's really hard to see the unique design on the back designs even when they aren't sweat through.  MU has had great, unique uniforms for years and I'd hate to see us look like everyone else with the Jordan Brand, even if they are elite bball programs.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »
I personally love the current unis, especially the gold ones.  I have noticed though that a couple other teams have copied us in putting stripes down the sides (Syracuse, Dayton, etc)

Really hoping Nike doesn't botch this.

Agree with you.  Love our current uni's.  Switching uniform styles all the time reduces your "brand equity."  Get a signature look and stick with it for a long time - think the current uniforms do that, and do it well.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 12:07:52 PM »
I hate the back designs and hope we don't go that route. 

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
Agree with you.  Love our current uni's.  Switching uniform styles all the time reduces your "brand equity."  Get a signature look and stick with it for a long time - think the current uniforms do that, and do it well.

Don't know about that.  The "signature and brand" during Al's days was how MU often changed their uni's and were always cutting edge.  Can see the same with MU now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »
Not only MU in the 70s, but Oregon football now.  Kids don't care about "brand equity."  They care about being cutting edge.

TheDOC816

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »
Not only MU in the 70s, but Oregon football now.  Kids don't care about "brand equity."  They care about being cutting edge.

Agreed.  I absolutely despise the Oregon football uniforms but they were the first team with the Nike Pro Combat uniform system.  Look how that has exploded after they used it.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »
I love our uniforms, and they're unique. I'd like to keep them for another season or 2, but if they are getting changed, I want unique. Not what a few elite programs have. Unique.

Stuckin1977

• Starter
    • Stuck in 1977
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 01:43:37 PM »
Not only MU in the 70s, but Oregon football now.  Kids don't care about "brand equity."  They care about being cutting edge.

Eh, it works both ways.  Yeah, you've got teams like Oregon that change their unis every game, but you've also got teams like Indiana, UNC, UCLA, and Kentucky that really haven't messed around with their look all that much.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:06:13 PM by Stuckin1977 »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 01:53:49 PM »
Eh, it works both ways.  Yeah, you've got teams like Oregon that change their unis every game, but you've also got team like Indiana, UNC, UCLA, and Kentucky that really haven't messed around with their look all that much.

Right.  But since we've been messin' with our look all the time, we need to keep being at the front edge of the new looks.  We can't be like those Steady Eddies.  But I do think that our current unis will be hard to top.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TheDOC816

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »
Right.  But since we've been messin' with our look all the time, we need to keep being at the front edge of the new looks.  We can't be like those Steady Eddies.  But I do think that our current unis will be hard to top.

I think the key here is keeping at the edge of our own style rather than the cookie cutter new looks that the big corps come out with.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »

To paraphrase JMay...our uni's are "exclusive".

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 02:27:20 PM »
My only suggestions are to keep the sweet checkering on the sides and shorts, and adjust the lettering on the front, make it more like the light blues.  Totally in agreement, the unis will probably be on par with UNC, Georgetown, and other Jordan brand schools, and we'll probably be rocking that dry-fit stuff on the back, too, if I were to put a bet on it.