[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Jerseys?  (Read 105805 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: New Jerseys?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 02:35:57 PM »
Eh, it works both ways.  Yeah, you've got teams like Oregon that change their unis every game, but you've also got teams like Indiana, UNC, UCLA, and Kentucky that really haven't messed around with their look all that much.
Is it the uniforms or years of traditionally great teams? We could make pink look cool if we keep winning.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »
Gotta get rid of the shoulder piping on the jersey's. That drives me crazy, absolutely no need for it.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »
Gotta get rid of the shoulder piping on the jersey's. That drives me crazy, absolutely no need for it.

Do you mean the yolks?

Edit:  Yokes?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:02:55 PM by BrewCity »
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 02:46:18 PM »
My only suggestions are to keep the sweet checkering on the sides and shorts, and adjust the lettering on the front, make it more like the light blues. 

Completely agree. The colors and checkered sides are great, the lettering/numbers would be better if they were smaller, more like the baby blues.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »
The biggest thing I want to see in the new uniforms is some consistency with the numbers/lettering. Always thought the block wordmark looked odd with the bubble-like numbers. And the stationary "retro" font on the baby blues is gross. That better not be anywhere near this new set.

I loved the block lettering on the 01-03 jerseys. I've said it before, but get rid of the shoulder yolks, and use that lettering and it would be the perfect uniform.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »
Completely agree. The colors and checkered sides are great, the lettering/numbers would be better if they were smaller, more like the baby blues.

I'm with you on that.  Agree 100%.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Jim Sawdust

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
You want unique?

Bring back the bumblebee.

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 03:54:22 PM »
I loved the block lettering on the 01-03 jerseys. I've said it before, but get rid of the shoulder yolks, and use that lettering and it would be the perfect uniform.
This.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »
You want unique?

Bring back the bumblebee.

Unfortunately, two of our more unique designs are not allowed anymore - the bumblebee and the untucked.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »
I hate the back designs and hope we don't go that route. 

That is the most annoying trend in college basketball.  Unless they could superimpose Al on there, I would be disappointed if we go that route.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

MUMBA

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »
The biggest thing I want to see in the new uniforms is some consistency with the numbers/lettering. Always thought the block wordmark looked odd with the bubble-like numbers.

I thought the same thing initially.  In fact, I jokingly called our current duds "Franken-unis" because they combined so many seemingly random elements from uniforms past/present/future.  From what I understand, the players cherry-picked what they liked, stirred the pot, and our present unis were the result.  I grew to love them, and I got one tacked to the wall of my man-cave.  I'm sure my kids will call it hideous someday and wonder what people were thinking back in the 00's.

As for our '11-'12 unis, I'd like the players to have input, and I'd like the jerseys to reflect their style, personality etc.  I dread the idea of Nike offering something that's designed for mass appeal or just putting Marquette's name on the Nike Elite uni template, so to speak.

And while I generally like the idea of tradition when it comes to uniforms, I think Marquette's historical tradition is forward looking innovation (as contradictory as that may seem).  So hopefully the new uni's reflect that.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 05:05:57 PM »
Sounds like most of us are on the same page.  Nike, are ya listening?

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 05:09:15 PM »
I hate to say it, but MU's current jerseys are about the only thing that has impressed me in regard to branding. It really makes me wonder who came up w/ them in the first place? Someone at Converse?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
I hate to say it, but MU's current jerseys are about the only thing that has impressed me in regard to branding. It really makes me wonder who came up w/ them in the first place? Someone at Converse?

Look to the wiki...

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php?id=the_marquette_jersey_project:start

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
Right, which looks like nothing from those awful Nike Elite years post D-Wade Final 4. It is no secret that the current unis are influenced by throw backs. The current jerseys debuted when Wade and MU were sponsored by Converse. Was it someone at Converse that created this template/design?

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 05:21:34 PM »
Would it be possible to have the bumble bee pattern just on the shorts and then the jerseys could remain with the same stripes on the side so it isn't a complete bumble bee?

or is that too distracting to the other teams?

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 05:23:51 PM »
Agree with you.  Love our current uni's.  Switching uniform styles all the time reduces your "brand equity."  Get a signature look and stick with it for a long time - think the current uniforms do that, and do it well.

Nobody wants brand equity...They want cutting edge!!!!

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »
Nobody wants brand equity...They want cutting edge!!!!

Based on the following research?

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 05:40:20 PM »
Young Black Americans who I teach who talk about how cool Marquette's Uniforms are and How sweet oregons changing looks are.

They hate Michigan, Duke, Indiana, because they have boring uniforms that only "Lames" wear.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »
Young Black Americans who I teach who talk about how cool Marquette's Uniforms are and How sweet oregons changing looks are.

They hate Michigan, Duke, Indiana, because they have boring uniforms that only "Lames" wear.

I love firsthand research.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »
I love firsthand research.

Me too. Especially when that research is displayed via run on sentence (with random capitalized letters) and not actual data.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »
And while I generally like the idea of tradition when it comes to uniforms, I think Marquette's historical tradition is forward looking innovation (as contradictory as that may seem).  So hopefully the new uni's reflect that.

Look, Marquette has a history of goofy coaches and flashy uniforms.  We have the former...we need to make sure to keep the latter.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
Eh, it works both ways.  Yeah, you've got teams like Oregon that change their unis every game, but you've also got teams like Indiana, UNC, UCLA, and Kentucky that really haven't messed around with their look all that much.

These teams have won like a combined 25 national championships too.  Kind of comparing apples to oranges.  I'm sure those designs on the UNC jersey were cutting edge at one point.  As for Kentucky, they can not be considered with the other schools mentioned once you check out these beauties

Denim jersey

Zubaz?

g0warriors1

• Walk-On
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 05:17:52 AM »
I'd like to see us keep our general pattern as well, love these current ones, but what do you guys think about the super vacuum tight jerseys the likes of syracuse? I'm kind of a fan....

Stuckin1977

• Starter
    • Stuck in 1977
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 08:51:07 AM »
I'd like to see us keep our general pattern as well, love these current ones, but what do you guys think about the super vacuum tight jerseys the likes of syracuse? I'm kind of a fan....

I'm kind of a fan too.  Just don't want us to fix a wheel that isn't broken.

feedback