[Today at 05:23:29 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:46:35 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Jerseys?  (Read 105756 times)

MUMac

• All American
Re: New Jerseys?
« Reply #300 on: September 06, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »
The seal would have looked damn good in that circle.

Not that it matters, but I believe the circle is intended to bridge the beginning (1881) to the present (MU logo) in MU history.  The circle may be a basketball or possibly it is meant to signify the "circle of life".  Perhaps both.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #301 on: September 06, 2011, 12:14:13 PM »
Who loves you, beb?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #302 on: September 06, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »
KingMe_DJ1 Darius Johnson-Odom
We will have the coldest uniforms in college this year!!! #factz

Is this a new Nike thermal fabric that actually chills the players? :)

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2011, 12:40:44 PM »
The seal would have looked damn good in that circle.

+1

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2011, 12:46:38 PM »
Not that it matters, but I believe the circle is intended to bridge the beginning (1881) to the present (MU logo) in MU history.  The circle may be a basketball or possibly it is meant to signify the "circle of life".  Perhaps both.

Even on the full size version I'm having trouble figuring out what the circle is supposed to be (and I'd recommend taking a look at the huge full-size version).

It's growing on me.  I'm looking forward to seeing one with two numbers. I'd also like to see a blank with no number/name.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #305 on: September 06, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »
Even on the full size version I'm having trouble figuring out what the circle is supposed to be (and I'd recommend taking a look at the huge full-size version).

It's growing on me.  I'm looking forward to seeing one with two numbers. I'd also like to see a blank with no number/name.

According the Athletic Department, it's just a circle design - no meaning behind it.
But I like to throw handfuls...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #306 on: September 06, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
A larger point for me is that can this please signal the end of the chicken hawk?  The university bascially had its chance to put any number of logos, symbols, sayings, etc on the back of the jersey and whether it was Nike, its lack of popularity, or whatever other reason, it didnt even make the cut.  Hopefully the powers that be PLEASE get the message that if the hawk couldnt be squeezed in amongst 4 other symbols, it shouldnt be the main logo on anything and that no one wants it

I have been saying this for some time...the chicken has been de-emphasized, if not completely eliminated, from all imagery regarding the men's basketball team.  I see it in connection with other athletic teams, but never in connection with basketball.  (And I mean on uniforms, warm-ups, logos on the floor, etc.  I understand that they sell chicken t-shirts with a basketball on them.)

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #307 on: September 06, 2011, 12:59:59 PM »
Any possibility of multiple designs depending on the jersey color?  Baby blue having a throwback feel/ theme, etc.  would be cool

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #308 on: September 06, 2011, 01:01:03 PM »
The gold jersey looked like it also had Marquette Hall at the top.

wfboy

• Walk-On
« Reply #309 on: September 06, 2011, 01:09:44 PM »
I believe Jim Graebert is the culprit. FIRE HIM.

http://www.gomarquette.com/genrel/graebert_jim01.html

I know the guy. It wasn't his decision. It was Buzz and his guys working through Nike.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:14 PM »
Any truth to the rumors that the number of stripes on the side of the new jerseys is going to correspond directly to the number of times each player was arrested in the off season?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
Any truth to the rumors that the number of stripes on the side of the new jerseys is going to correspond directly to the number of times each player was arrested in the off season?

No.  But if the players started wearing white jerseys with horizontal black stripes running through them, with 9-digit uniform numbers, then we'd have something to worry about.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2011, 01:26:35 PM »

Who was arrested?

Weak attempt at humor.  Very weak.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
So far we've seen the Gold and Baby Blue jerseys.  Can we be sure that we'll still have Whites and Dark Blues too?  How about a set of the Grey/Black alternates that I've seen some other Nike teams wear?

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
So far we've seen the Gold and Baby Blue jerseys.  Can we be sure that we'll still have Whites and Dark Blues too? 
I imagine so.

How about a set of the Grey/Black alternates that I've seen some other Nike teams wear?
I hope not.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2011, 02:06:21 PM »
So far we've seen the Gold and Baby Blue jerseys.  Can we be sure that we'll still have Whites and Dark Blues too?  How about a set of the Grey/Black alternates that I've seen some other Nike teams wear?

Buzz alluded to us having pink jerseys this year as well for the Coaches vs. Cancer game.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2011, 02:07:48 PM »

MU's twitter confirmed that we still have the same 4 colors as before.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2011, 02:14:25 PM »
It looks like the powder blue is back and the "electric blue" was just a product of lighting/camera.

Now to just change the powder blue font to the same Marquette word mark.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2011, 02:26:19 PM »
Now to just change the powder blue font to the same Marquette word mark.

I expect to see that this change has already been made, unfortunately.  I did like the old font on last year's baby blues better than the wordmark.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #319 on: September 06, 2011, 02:28:54 PM »

I believe the NCAA allows for one home, one road and two alternate jersey's.  Thus, 4 is the maximum.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #320 on: September 06, 2011, 02:37:21 PM »
Thank God we just missed out on the Jordan silver anniversary jerseys from last year.

Just 15 more years till the gold anniversary though!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #321 on: September 06, 2011, 02:41:16 PM »
Silver = 25
Gold = 41?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #322 on: September 06, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
OK, where can I get a baby blue sweater vest with the MU ghost design on the back?

They're still taking suggestions for the design... much like the jerseys incorporate the tradition of the basketball program, the sweater-vest is going to incorporate the tradition of how we alumni like to bitch about really petty stuff.  So far, the suggestions are to include such images as:

1) A chicken being strangled,
2) A deflated football,
3) A municipal court hearing,
4) A half-empty student section,
5) An elderly alum asleep in choice seats at a basketball game,
6) A TWC black-out notice,
7) Tournament brackets superimposed over the state of California,
8) The word "JUCO" in block lettering,
9) Buzz not being able to reach something on the top shelf,
10) A picture of Chicos with the word "banned" over it,
11) Caricatures of Syracuse, UCONN, WVU, and 13 others on a school bus named "BIG EAST" waiving to a teary caricature of Marquette as it drives away.
12) A big ol' middle finger centered over the south central portion of the state, approx. the same latitude as Milwaukee, just about 60 miles west.

What have I missed?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #323 on: September 06, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »
Just 15 more years till the gold anniversary though!

And that's why the forward thinking administration chose the ill-fated "Gold" so many years ago.  Now the tie-in would seem ideal...   ::)
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

wfboy

• Walk-On
« Reply #324 on: September 06, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »
You guys have too much time on your hands. Unemployed again?

feedback