[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Jerseys?  (Read 105882 times)

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
Re: New Jerseys?
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2011, 02:03:45 PM »
Can someone make a Wisconsin Red Marquette Jersey? I wonder what that'll look like...such a mindnumbing sight to see I bet!

No. Those are disgusting. As evidence -

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »
any word on if MU is getting new uniforms this year?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2011, 01:08:18 PM »
Yes, MU is getting new uniforms.  If you look at Reply #131 in the thread they have some screen grabs of what Nike *may* have released early.

My guess is that they will be unveiled sometime between the beginning of the school year and Marquette Madness.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2011, 01:21:49 PM »
cool. thanks.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »
Yes, MU is getting new uniforms.  If you look at Reply #131 in the thread they have some screen grabs of what Nike *may* have released early.

My guess is that they will be unveiled sometime between the beginning of the school year and Marquette Madness.

IIRC, the current uniforms debuted at media day.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
Those new jerseys will be sweet to watch in the final four this year
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »

BEast Media day is late October, looking at history.  Not too long to wait :)

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »

In person, yes. They put them up on the Spirit Shop website in late summer. I'd imagine we'll see them in store sometime around the start of classes.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »

And it looks like those are very close.  The 3/4 view of the gold uni has the same side striping that gets wider towards the bottom on the shorts as the picture that the athletic department put up on Twitter:

Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2011, 07:03:22 PM »
The stripes are getting a bit boring. I dont mind them but Id like to see a new look soon.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
Shorts look great. Stripes aren't as thick, love that.

Little unsure about the 'digital' field around the monogram, but could be worse.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »
Shorts look great. Stripes aren't as thick, love that.

Little unsure about the 'digital' field around the monogram, but could be worse.

It's not 'digital,' it's braille.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2011, 07:21:49 PM »
Personally, I like the new yet subte look of the new uni's (if these are what they look like). I am definitely not bored of the stripes. The stripes are just one of the reasons why I love our iniforms.

Being from the east coast....all of my friends and anyone I talk to after they find out I went to Marqeutte...always come to the same conclusion....that Marquette has the best uniforms in college basketball....Probably at least 95% if not more of the people that I talk to regarding college bball.

Why change something dramatically that is one of the main reasons that make Marquette basketball unique to every other team..?

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2011, 07:26:30 PM »
Personally, I like the new yet subte look of the new uni's (if these are what they look like). I am definitely not bored of the stripes. The stripes are just one of the reasons why I love our iniforms.

Being from the east coast....all of my friends and anyone I talk to after they find out I went to Marqeutte...always come to the same conclusion....that Marquette has the best uniforms in college basketball....Probably at least 95% if not more of the people that I talk to regarding college bball.

Why change something dramatically that is one of the main reasons that make Marquette basketball unique to every other team..?

Coast to coast influence, given what Juan Anderson's HS unis looked like last year.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »

I guess I like simple uniforms. #1 UNC, #2 the gray OSU alternate home jerseys.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »
Not a fan of simple at all. I like complex. Like the thinner stripes and the brail adds a bit more. The blue swoop in the front is a little questionable.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2011, 09:37:13 PM »
They'll also have a micro design on the back of the jersey, like Duke, Gonzaga, etc.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »
It's tough to be critical of what I think our the best uni's in the NCAA....but I wish the gold in the stripe was replaced with white to give the side stripes a clean divide from the rest of the uni.  Same goes with the other color variations....the main color shouldn't be in the side stripes IMO.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2011, 10:55:14 PM »
Not really gold at all.  More yellow than gold.  Compare it to the gold on the wall in the background...

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »
Apparently UNC is also getting the micro design on the backs of their jerseys this year and their fans are not very happy about it.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2011, 01:05:54 AM »
Apparently UNC is also getting the micro design on the backs of their jerseys this year and their fans are not very happy about it.

I'd feel the same way. The Alexander Julian designs rule.

http://www.julianstyle.com/
SS Marquette

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2011, 01:20:14 AM »

I feel the same way. The micro designs have been around for a couple of years and I still dont know what the designs even are as they come through on tv very poorly. Are they campus buildings???? ?-(  Seems like Nike is running out of creative ideas. And putting those designs on the traditional UNC jerseys is a traveshamockery.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2011, 06:34:50 AM »
It's tough to be critical of what I think our the best uni's in the NCAA....but I wish the gold in the stripe was replaced with white to give the side stripes a clean divide from the rest of the uni.  Same goes with the other color variations....the main color shouldn't be in the side stripes IMO.

I agree with that for all four kit colors. Blue/baby blue/white on the gold, blue/baby blue/gold on the white, blue/white/gold on the baby blue, and baby blue/gold/white on the blue. I love how the side stripes look here:

Short of alternating the side striping colors by shirt, they could also use the unused color as a barrier. So if they kept the blue/baby blue/gold pattern on the gold, have a white stripe trailing down the borders of the side stripes to give definition, somewhat like these shirts:

If they do a micro design, I hope that it's something subtle. The Duke one is way over the top, but Gonzaga's isn't too bad other than that it says "Go Zags" which seems cheesy.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2011, 07:54:46 AM »
If they do a micro design, I hope that it's something subtle. The Duke one is way over the top, but Gonzaga's isn't too bad other than that it says "Go Zags" which seems cheesy.

I really hope there's no micro-design.  I associate that with Duke, which means I associate it with dook.

All our questions will be answered in a few short hours though.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like maybe that hideous baby blue has been replaced by a darker (and more historically correct) shade of blue.

feedback