'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander Blue  (Read 14276 times)

Ron Paul

• Starter
Vander Blue
« on: March 11, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »
First, I am not trying to start anything, I just wanted to check on this rumor.  I have heard from quite a few alumni who are fairly well connected that Blue is talking about transferring.

I for one hope this is total BS, the kid shows flashes all of the time and I am excited to see his development.  Has anyone heard anything about this????

Coleman

• All American
Re: Vander Blue
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »
First, I am not trying to start anything

You just did

RyanConroy

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 06:11:27 PM »
I'm not sure if this is appropriate to be posting on a message board. Let the players make their own decisions about things like this. We have no business creating a ruckus around rumors.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
When Pat Hazel decided to transfer, Buzz stopped playing him.  Frozena was getting into games before him.

Buzz has not stopped playing Vander.

Just saying

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:23:46 PM »
When Pat Hazel decided to transfer, Buzz stopped playing him.  Frozena was getting into games before him.

Just saying

Hazel is not a good example, but I do agree with your point.  There are similar examples all over college basketball of a player deciding to transfer and then not getting playing time.  We had some at MU over the past few years.  Hazel's was a different situation, though.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »
Is this post a joke?  Blue will not hurt MU if he transfers.  He will help himiself more by staying at MU.  I hope he stays.  I think he can be coached to correct his shooting mechanics. 

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »
I was actually hoping someone would dispel the rumor.  I thought it was BS when I heard it and I still hope it is.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
When Pat Hazel decided to transfer, Buzz stopped playing him.  Frozena was getting into games before him.

Just saying

Then explain Maymon....played 22 minutes in the game before he transferred

Hope it's not true....if it is, that would be the 2nd high profile Wisconsin HS kid to leave after one year.  Something definitely seems to have changed with Vander the junior HS player and Vander as a Senior and today.  He needs some work. Hope rumor is BS

Big Daddy Z

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »
WOW..we are about to head to the big dance you decide to post this crap...

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »
I was actually hoping someone would dispel the rumor.  I thought it was BS when I heard it and I still hope it is.

Unless Vander posts here that this rumour is BS, how does a poster dispel this?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:47:08 PM by AnotherMU84 »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »
Then explain Maymon....played 22 minutes in the game before he transferred

C'mon Chicos, you know the answer ... it was AFTER the Wisconsin game that Buzz had the blow up with TMay that lead to the transfer.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 06:41:47 PM »
Nothing surprises me anymore in regards to MU basketball, but I just think this one is unlikely. Has Vander been unhappy this year at times? I would bet everything I had on it that he has been on probably several occasions, however, I think he learned a lot this year and realized just how good BE basketball is and now knows how much harder he has to work than before.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
If he rally wants to transfer, I will assume that Buzz will give him the same deal he gave JMay ... any school except Wisconsin and he will let Vander out of his commitment.  The BE has a rule that transfers within the conference have to sit two years so another BE school is out.

So, where is he transferring to?  Most likely a step down in school.

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »
Ok, I want some legit sources not "alum that are fairly well connected." That means nothing to me.

Vander Blue is one of the first few guys off the bench and back in January or February said he would live up to the hype. Has his confidence been shot...oh yeah, but then again, we play in the Big East...if he really wants to play against the best, he will stay with Marquette.

We find out that Todd Mayo commits to Marquette this afternoon and you go and post this...to quote the guys from the end ESPN's NFL Countdown...Com'on Man!

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 06:51:57 PM »
I don't understand the point of this post.  In the OP, you say that well connected alumni told you he's considering it.  Then you ask randoms on the internet to dispel what you're calling a rumor?  What on earth are you expecting?  

Here you go: He's staying.  Now stop creating threads like this.  They don't contribute anything positive to the board, the team, or the community.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 06:54:11 PM »
This rumor has been floating around in various forms since the start of the season.  Vander has been unhappy at times, but this has quieted down considerably since the start of the BE season.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »
Hey, I'm a well connected Alum.  My name is on the side of the AL and I know "people" at MU.

I say he's staying ... rumour dispelled.

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 06:57:23 PM »
He's a freshman...find me a single freshman that at some point during the year doesn't ponder going to a different school?

groove

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »
He's a freshman...find me a single freshman that at some point during the year doesn't ponder going to a different school?
Yeah in the dead of winter I thought about going to pepperdine

Warrior1

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
Rosiak did a Blue article a few weeks and in it he said that some say he seems unhappy. Blue responded something along the lines of he feels the same way about Marquette as when he committed and that he will always be a eagle.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 07:34:52 PM »
Think about it.  Vander seems to be a smart guy.  Do you really think he believes he has been so good that he merits more time than he's getting?  My guess is he knows he has to work on his shot for hours each day this summer.  He's getting quite a bit of time as it is.  I"m betting Vander knows what he has to do to become a stud at MU and isn't seriously thinking of sitting a year out because he's pissed at his lack of playing time.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »
If he rally wants to transfer, I will assume that Buzz will give him the same deal he gave JMay ... any school except Wisconsin

AFTER the Wisconsin game that Buzz had the blow up with TMay that lead to the transfer.

I don't mean to rehash any old topics, but I genuinely never heard these specifics, or read them anywhere, regarding the Maymon transfer. Is this "insider" knowledge? Can anyone clarify Maymon's transfer for me? Feel free to PM if you don't want to talk about it publicly. Just being curious.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
Tim Maymon came to a practice (IIRC) and confronted Buzz, wanted his son to be starting at wing, not playing down low, and for the offense to run through him.    Buzz failed to cave.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »
First, I am not trying to start anything, I just wanted to check on this rumor.  I have heard from quite a few alumni who are fairly well connected that Blue is talking about transferring.

I for one hope this is total BS, the kid shows flashes all of the time and I am excited to see his development.  Has anyone heard anything about this????

i heard he was having sex, but he shot before a paint touch=a buzz no no  ;D ;D

muguru

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 07:53:55 PM »
The mods absolutely need to take this thread DOWN.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

feedback