'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gottlieb tweeting that Buzz would be interested in Arkansas job  (Read 18802 times)

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
Via twitter....

GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
If ark fires PELL-IF then MA of Mizzou 1st call Buzz Williams would love 2b involved, there will b speculation about JD as AD was at Pitt

Anybody know if there is any truth to this or if Gottlieb is just talking out of his arse?

spartan3186

• All American
Re: Gottlieb tweeting that Buzz would be interested in Arkansas job
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »
I asked him if Ark was really a better job... this was his reply

@bobforner WAY better. MU is a good job Ark is Gr8 1 BT school n state sick facilities,memphis,LR&La recruit-tradition fans Wal-mart planes

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »
Via twitter....

GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb
If ark fires PELL-IF then MA of Mizzou 1st call Buzz Williams would love 2b involved, there will b speculation about JD as AD was at Pitt

Anybody know if there is any truth to this or if Gottlieb is just talking out of his arse?

It's Arkansas! It's Arkansas!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:01:31 AM »
Arkansas is a very good job.  I could see why he would be interested given connections to Texas, etc.  However, my sense with Gottlieb is that he oftentimes jumps to conclusions and has to backtrack later on.  I mean, is he basing Buzz's supposed interest on conversations he has had with him or people close to him?  Or is it speculation based on his background?

Who knows at this point.

groove

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 11:02:09 AM »
I thought Buzz said he was going to stay at MU as long as MU wanted him to stay. :)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 11:04:18 AM »
Arkansas is a very good job.  I could see why he would be interested given connections to Texas, etc.  However, my sense with Gottlieb is that he oftentimes jumps to conclusions and has to backtrack later on.  I mean, is he basing Buzz's supposed interest on conversations he has had with him or people close to him?  Or is it speculation based on his background?

Who knows at this point.

Agreed.
Buzz may or may not be interested in that job. I have no clue.
But I would be surprised if Buzz was sharing his thoughts on that with Doug Gottlieb. My guess is that this is speculation on Gottlieb's part, which is fine because that's part of his job.

TheFarEastMovement

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »
If Buzz plans on leaving, it is largely due to the pressure by some MU fans for over achieving this season and last year. One must know that cold Milwaukee, is not a highly touted destination for coaches and prime time athletes. We are absolutely lucky to have a coach like Buzz. The only reason why top 100 recruits are coming to MU is because of BUZZ and his coaching staff!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 11:06:04 AM »
I like Buzz Williams, and therefore, I think Gottlieb is jumping the gun a little bit.

or

I dislike Buzz Williams, and therefore, I think he is leaking his name to various media members in an attempt to get a new job/raise.

That's how this is going to go down, right? If we "like" our coach, we will shrug this kind of stuff off. If we dislike him, tweets will be the smoking gun we are looking for to prove it.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »
HMMMMMM.....In Buzz we trust.

Fayetteville has nothing over Milwaukee.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »
I hope schools come after Buzz yearly. That would mean he's doin' a great job at MU.
And I also hope he bends over and blows each other school a big, long, loud kiss. That would mean Marquette is taking good care of him and he's content here.
Unlike the other creanpuff that cashed a paycheck here, I doubt that Buzz will be hot on the pursuit of other gigs on a yearly basis.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:18:05 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 11:13:56 AM »
If Buzz plans on leaving, it is largely due to the pressure by some MU fans for over achieving this season and last year.

Says who?
It will be like that every job that is 'better' than ours.
He'll be expected to be in a elite 8 within 4 years at AR.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »
If Buzz plans on leaving, it is largely due to the pressure by some MU fans for over achieving this season and last year.

Oh please.  Give me a break.  You really think MU is a high pressure job???  It's nothing compared to Arkansas.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »
I hope schools come after Buzz yearly. That would mean he's doin' a great job at MU.
And I also hope he bends over and blows each other school a big, long, loud kiss. That would mean Marquette is taking good care of him and he's content here.
Unlike the other creanpuff that cashed a paycheck here, I doubt that Buzz will be hot on the pursuit of other gigs ona yearly basis.

Pay the man already!  Barring an epic unforseen sh*tstorm, we're tourney bound yet again in the first year with all of his own players.  And he's got the pipeline stocked - don't give him a single reason to leave.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »

Oh please.  Give me a break.  You really think MU is a high pressure job???  It's nothing compared to Arkansas.

Seriously. Yeah things got testy here in the middle of conference play, but it pales in comparison to the state schools, especially in the SEC.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 11:24:12 AM »
I really don't think salary would be the reason he stays or leaves.  MU can match pretty much anything Arkansas can do...unless they go Hog wild.  (I'm so funny...)  He'd leave for other reasons...closer to home...his recruiting "grounds"...more conference stability.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »
Seriously. Yeah things got testy here in the middle of conference play, but it pales in comparison to the state schools, especially in the SEC.

The flip side of that is that at all SEC schools not named Kentucky, hoops plays a distant second fiddle to football when it comes to pressure and expectations. At Marquette, hoops is the only fiddle.
Still, generally I agree ... the pressure and expectations at Arkansas certainly won't be any lower than at MU.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »
He isn't leaving. One guy is saying this. Marquette for basketball is better than Arkansas

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »
The flip side of that is that at all SEC schools not named Kentucky, hoops plays a distant second fiddle to football when it comes to pressure and expectations. At Marquette, hoops is the only fiddle.
Still, generally I agree ... the pressure and expectations at Arkansas certainly won't be any lower than at MU.

And Vanderbilt  :)

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 11:41:24 AM »
Maybe Kansas, but not ArKansas

tower912

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
IF Pelphrey goes Dixon and/or Buzz would be interested?    Shenanigans.    Crean tossed his name out there like a business card at a convention and even HE said no to Arkansas.   Not a step up.    Unfortunately for the razorbacks, if they run Pelphrey, there isn't any hot young mid-major coaches really making a name for themselves this year.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
I hope Buzz is here a long, long time. The only job I would actually encourage him to take when it becomes available is the one in Bloomington. I can't think of anything I'd enjoy more, in fact.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 11:57:05 AM »
Cottingham needs to be a little more pro-active this time, make sure his coach isn't ducking out as soon as he gets on a plane to go somewhere (that still pisses me off, what a jackazz move by Crean).

If we're being real Ark is more "Buzz's people" down there and is closer to his recruiting ties.   We need to make sure the Williams family is happy when these other good jobs come calling so we can show them MU is done being a stepping stone.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »
IF Pelphrey goes Dixon and/or Buzz would be interested?    Shenanigans.    Crean tossed his name out there like a business card at a convention and even HE said no to Arkansas.   Not a step up.    Unfortunately for the razorbacks, if they run Pelphrey, there isn't any hot young mid-major coaches really making a name for themselves this year.   

Jeter is coach of the year in the Horizon league.  He got UW-M playing well the 2nd half of the conference season.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
There is no way that Gottlieb knows anything about Buzz.  Don't forget, ESPN is the network that thought Lebron might sign with the New Jersey Nets.

I pay attention to the rumors, but know that ESPN has basically become People magazine.  It's just a gossip column.  Buzz Williams is interested in AK, like Andrew Bynum might get traded for Howard, Anthony, etc., and Brad Pitt is winked at some celebrity at Starbucks so maybe they are dating.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 12:12:49 PM »

The ridiculousness of trying to translate this sentence is why twitter sucks
No Finish Line

feedback