Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 'coverage map' of MU/MSU  (Read 8172 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
'coverage map' of MU/MSU
« on: March 12, 2007, 08:29:21 PM »
f@^%@ng Duke

get the March Madness package, guys -- this blows chunks

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bige/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/mu-michst.pdf

Chicos, per this map we'll be able to watch the out-of-market games (ie: the MU game) n the states clouded in purple with the package?

Final Four or Bust

• Starter
Re: 'coverage map' of MU/MSU
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:30:53 PM »
f@^%@ng Duke

get the March Madness package, guys -- this blows chunks

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bige/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/mu-michst.pdf

Chicos, per this map we'll be able to watch the out-of-market games in the states clouded in purple?

Well there goes the theory that this was a "made-for-tv" match-up when it won't be carried on any TVs.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:33:26 PM »
Or you get this package (see below) and watch the game in beautiful HD (or standard def if you don't have HD) and you don't have to miss it at all.  With UCLA on at the same time and living here in Los Angeles, I can tell you I have no other choice (unless I want to go blind watching a little 5 inch window on my PC that has a waiting list and relies on my internet connection) if I want to see the boys play.

http://www.directv.com/mmm

;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 08:38:18 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Final Four or Bust

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »
Or you get this and watch the game in beautiful HD (or standard def) and you don't have to miss it at all.  With UCLA on at the same time and living here in Los Angeles, I can tell you I have no other choice (unless I want to go blind watching a little 5 inch window on my PC that has a waiting list and relies on my internet connection) if I want to see the boys play.

Better yet, watch the game live and in person.  I know I am going to try to make it.  (Otherwise yes, I will have the MM package)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 08:39:31 PM »
Am I reading this map correctly... Chicago WILL get MU/ MSU?
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:40:43 PM »
Or you get this and watch the game in beautiful HD (or standard def) and you don't have to miss it at all.  With UCLA on at the same time and living here in Los Angeles, I can tell you I have no other choice (unless I want to go blind watching a little 5 inch window on my PC that has a waiting list and relies on my internet connection) if I want to see the boys play.

Better yet, watch the game live and in person.  I know I am going to try to make it.  (Otherwise yes, I will have the MM package)

Let me know how their little fanfest is in Winston Salem.  I cut a little barter deal with Wake Forest last week and they have all the games going on down there for their March Madness fanfest.  "Didn't cost nothun" so you get what you pay for, but since I won't be there would love to hear some unbiased commentary.

I was going to go out there and check it out, but decided against it.  My record at MU NCAA games of late it pathetic so it's a good thing I'm not attending.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »
I wouldn't count out seeing the second half of the MU/MSU game in most places. All three other games have a high chance of becoming blow outs. We all know that Duke can bring it to VCU, UCLA to Weber St., and OSU to C. Conn. MU/MSU is definitely the most competitive match up of em. You may not see the whole game, but you've got a shot at getting a big chunk of it.

SqueallyDRyan

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 09:09:22 PM »
where can i find a site that has maps like that for all the games?
It's not the size of your Diener; its how you use it

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
Or you get this package (see below) and watch the game in beautiful HD (or standard def if you don't have HD) and you don't have to miss it at all.  With UCLA on at the same time and living here in Los Angeles, I can tell you I have no other choice (unless I want to go blind watching a little 5 inch window on my PC that has a waiting list and relies on my internet connection) if I want to see the boys play.

;D

Are you referring to espn360?

And wow...$#!tty coverage for the best first round match-up.  Marquette continues to get defecated on.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 09:28:57 PM »
No, I'm referring to CBS Sportsline's MMOD tournament coverage.  You have to reserve a space (last year they had up to one hour waits the first two days to "get in" to watch a game).  They have doubled their capacity this year.  It's free so hard to complain about the service if you don't mind watching on a small window on your PC.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 09:58:09 PM »
Ahh, I see.  I'm back in Maryland with the family (no, not from here.  Navy brat...) for spring break.  I SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN WISCONSIN!

Thanks for the info.  If I were going to be here for more than a week, then I'd ante up and get that DirecTV deal, but I'd get 2 MU games at most...oh well.

Small window on my PC it is!

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 10:05:12 PM »
Am I reading this map correctly... Chicago WILL get MU/ MSU?

I'm also trying to figure this out.  According to the map, we don't get the "constant", which I assume means that if (say) there was a nailbiter coming down to the end, they would cut away from the MU/MSU game and go to the nailbiter. 

I'm trying to figure out whether I should just make my way to a bar-ish type place with multiple TVs or if I can chance it and stay home.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 12:44:55 AM »
That is correct Keith.  CBS calls this "flexing" which means they can flex in and out of the Marquette game as they wish in that territory if it's a blowout or if they feel like taking you to another game "just for a few minutes"....whatever they please.

The "constant" areas mean they will not switch out even if it is a blowout.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 01:37:43 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  I'M DOOOMED TO LITTLE PC WINDOWS FOR MU V msu!!!!!!!

Thanks for clarification Chicos

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 07:26:52 AM »
Chico -  Stupid question, but the sports bars will still be able to carry all the games, right?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 09:34:24 AM »
This is great, thanks for posting.  I'm in Chicago so it looks like I'll catch the MU-MSU game.  As a single father with two little kids, the bar option is not for me.  If I do ante up and pay for the directtv package, does anyone know how much it costs?

Do that many people want to watch the Duke-VCU game?  I know its Duke, but c'mon.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 10:25:38 AM »
Chico -  Stupid question, but the sports bars will still be able to carry all the games, right?

If they carry the Mega March Madness package, yes.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 11:18:43 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong (Chicos), but like last year, if you have the game on CBS HD, you will not be cut away to another game and will have constant coverage, no?

That's what happened last year at least, and here in Chicago, I was able to watch the entire game with no cutaways.

MU737

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 12:38:47 PM »
That was true, but with so many more games in HD this year they might be able to cut out.  I think part of the no cut out was not all locations were broadcasting in HD.  I could be wrong though.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 01:07:38 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong (Chicos), but like last year, if you have the game on CBS HD, you will not be cut away to another game and will have constant coverage, no?

That's what happened last year at least, and here in Chicago, I was able to watch the entire game with no cutaways.

It's different this year.  First, we added two more HD channels so now HD will be on 709-712 (last year just 709-710).

If CBS flexes away in HD, you will stick to your game you were watching, however they may flex to an upconverted SD signal into HD.  That is at CBS' discretion.  So you may see it with bars on the sides when they flex (if they flex which doesn't happen a ton).  This is because CBS cannot provide 4 consistent HD feeds at one time.

So the good news is more HD for customers...the slightly bad news is that at times (infrequently) it may switch to an upconverted signal.

Also, there is no HD Pay Per Game option this year, but there is a SD Pay Per Game option at $24.95 if you wish to just purchase one game instead of the entire tournament.

Hope that helps

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »
chicos or anyone else who knows, does dish network do any type of ncaa tourney package? or is it just directv?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 10:35:59 PM »
chicos or anyone else who knows, does dish network do any type of ncaa tourney package? or is it just directv?

We have it exclusively nationwide.  There are some smaller markets (Milwaukee is one of them) that carries it on their digital tier without the bells and whistles (i.e. the game mix, etc).  But nationally, we are it....DISH does not have it.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 10:48:29 PM »
Questions for Chicos/everyonel: I have Time Warner Digital Cable. Last year, 5 channels in in the (i want to say) 800s magically showed up on my guide free of charge, giving me the ability to watch every single game.  No ordering, no extra charges, they just were there. Naturally, I didnt ask any questions, just enjoyed hours of college hoops. 

My questions..
1. Did anyone else experience this?

2. Can I expect to have this same ability this year??

Thanks for any help!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 11:19:31 PM »
Questions for Chicos/everyonel: I have Time Warner Digital Cable. Last year, 5 channels in in the (i want to say) 800s magically showed up on my guide free of charge, giving me the ability to watch every single game.  No ordering, no extra charges, they just were there. Naturally, I didnt ask any questions, just enjoyed hours of college hoops. 

My questions..
1. Did anyone else experience this?

2. Can I expect to have this same ability this year??

Thanks for any help!!

I assume you are in Milwaukee...is that correct?  Yes, Milwaukee is one of the markets that has "multicasting" for the NCAA tournament.  Detroit, Raleigh, Columbus, and about 10 mid to small size DMAs (your Palm Springs size variety) have this.  I have a list at the office of which multicast markets there are this year.