collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 'The Conceded' returns to CLE  (Read 4095 times)

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
'The Conceded' returns to CLE
« on: December 02, 2010, 01:16:03 PM »
Are people on here interested in the Heat/Cavs matchup tonight, or is it just being overdone in general?

I am a native Clevelander, so I am openly bias, but I really hope my hometown fans cheer Zydrunas Ilgauskas as loudly as possible and then boo 'the conceded' as loudly as humanly possible.

Throughout the years of sports and all of the villains that have existed, why is it that fans have yet to come up with something a bit more creative or I guess I'm not quite sure what the word is I am looking for here, other than to yell 'Boo' at the hated individual?!  I just wish there were a way to really do something that got it through 'the conceded's' head just what he did and how much Clevelanders despise him now as a result of how he did it.

reinko

• All American
Re: 'The Conceded' returns to CLE
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »
Are people on here interested in the Heat/Cavs matchup tonight, or is it just being overdone in general?

I am a native Clevelander, so I am openly bias, but I really hope my hometown fans cheer Zydrunas Ilgauskas as loudly as possible and then boo 'the conceded' as loudly as humanly possible.

Throughout the years of sports and all of the villains that have existed, why is it that fans have yet to come up with something a bit more creative or I guess I'm not quite sure what the word is I am looking for here, other than to yell 'Boo' at the hated individual?!  I just wish there were a way to really do something that got it through 'the conceded's' head just what he did and how much Clevelanders despise him now as a result of how he did it.

I am casual NBA fan and will probably watch the 1st and 4th quarters of the game.  And everyone expects booing.  This is funny piece trying to get fans to laugh at lebron instead.  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/02/sports/basketball/02cavs.html

Or, dead silence when he is introduced and whenever he touches the ball.  That would be dramatic.  Much better than booing.

LON

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 01:39:49 PM »
What should I do?  Should I apologize?

Nahh, **ck it, I'll just keep on being a dick.

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 02:08:50 PM »
What should I do?  Should I apologize?

Nahh, **ck it, I'll just keep on being a dick.
Hahaha that was funny.

LON

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »
Hahaha that was funny.

It was Cartman on South Park episode so I can't take the credit for it.  I highly encourage you to watch it though.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 02:58:24 PM »
I love the villain role so I guess I am in the minority when I say I became a bigger Lebron fan when he went to Miami.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 03:13:20 PM »
I love the villain role so I guess I am in the minority when I say I became a bigger Lebron fan when he went to Miami.

I agree.  He didn't do what everyone wanted or thought he should do.  He did what he wanted.
Just like Tiger.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 03:23:39 PM »
BTW, did you mean "conceited?"   ;)

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 03:46:12 PM »

Not upset that he went to Miami.

Absolutely HATE the way he went about it. "The Decision"? Really?
The "average fan" is an idiot.

LON

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 03:54:24 PM »
BTW, did you mean "conceited?"   ;)

I thought it was a Clevelander joke that I wasn't getting...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »

I agree.  He didn't do what everyone wanted or thought he should do.  He did what he wanted.
Just like Tiger.

Lebron got caught banging ugly chicks and leaving wussy voicemails???

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 04:17:48 PM »
I just wish there were a way to really do something that got it through 'the conceded's' head just what he did and how much Clevelanders despise him now as a result of how he did it.

Are you saying he somehow did something wrong by leaving Cleveland? If so, I disagree as it was 100% his choice.  His way of going about it, as mentioned before, leaves much to be desired.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 04:18:35 PM »
On a different note, LeBron now plays with Wade who is one of our own so go Heat.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 04:38:10 PM »
On a different note, LeBron now plays with Wade who is one of our own so go Heat.

Wade has been very un-Wade like since teaming up with the guys who took their talents to South Beach.
Not just on the court, where his play has been mostly atrocious and lackadaisical, but off the court, where he's resorted to the time-honored sports tradition of throwing one's coach under the bus when times get tough.
Stay classy, Dwyane.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »
Wade is becoming as big a prima donna as James. The main problem with the Heat is playing James at PG. He handles the ball 70% of the time in that offense, and from what I hear calls his plays most of the time.

Wade needs to get his head out of his butt and stand up to james to make things click.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
I think it is okay to hate on Lebron not only for how he went about it, but actually for the decision he made too. Granted it was his decision and all, but he and Nike have made millions upon millions selling someone else.  They sold, and LeBron lapped up labels like the King, the Chosen One, and was on a billboard in downtown Cleveland essentially telling everyone to bask in the glory of his greatness as witnesses.

But then, in the seminal point in his career up to that point, he chooses to go to the beach and play with his buddies?  That's not the King, and thats not a guy WHO TOLD the city of Cleveland to put their faith in him.  What gets me is that this isn't just a guy who left, because its true that you can't begrudge a guy for where he chooses to go when he plays out his contract. But this is to some extent a different case, because of the whole machine that advertised LeBron to be the savior of Cleveland, the local King.  To some extent maybe this only makes LeBron a kid, a cog in the Nike machine, or some sort of sports tragic hero. But at some point you have to blame the guy for the image he chose portray.  Had he told everyone as a rookie or after 2 or 3 years that he just wanted to win championships for LeBron and that he was one day going to collaborate to join a random team that could afford him - would he have been as loved?  If he and Nike portray LeBron 'the Prince' James from day one, none of this happens.  But they didn't, and they laughed all their way to Cleveland's already economically suffering pockets.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 07:28:42 PM »
But then, in the seminal point in his career up to that point, he chooses to go to the beach and play with his buddies?  That's not the King, and thats not a guy WHO TOLD the city of Cleveland to put their faith in him.  What gets me is that this isn't just a guy who left, because its true that you can't begrudge a guy for where he chooses to go when he plays out his contract. But this is to some extent a different case, because of the whole machine that advertised LeBron to be the savior of Cleveland, the local King.  To some extent maybe this only makes LeBron a kid, a cog in the Nike machine, or some sort of sports tragic hero. But at some point you have to blame the guy for the image he chose portray.  Had he told everyone as a rookie or after 2 or 3 years that he just wanted to win championships for LeBron and that he was one day going to collaborate to join a random team that could afford him - would he have been as loved?  If he and Nike portray LeBron 'the Prince' James from day one, none of this happens.  But they didn't, and they laughed all their way to Cleveland's already economically suffering pockets.

I see your point, and some of what you say is part of the problem itself.  A kid is what LeBron indeed was.  All of a sudden an 18-year-old is making millions and is "king" of the city?  Granted he's 25 now, which is still young, but to imbue a teenager with such status is beyond me.  I really don't have much interest in the matter it's just curious to see how things like this play out.  He made mistakes but people have done much worse. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:22 PM »
LJ took the high road, lit up the Cavs tonight.  I feel sorry for Cleveland, love the town and the people and no doubt they feel jilted.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 08:41:24 AM »
Basketbawful recaps the night
http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2010/12/worst-of-night-return.html

My favorite line
Just when Cleveland fans thought LeBron had tormented them in every possible way, 'Bronny Bravo saves his best game of the season and one of the best outside shooting games of his career for his return. In doing so, he created a new category of revenge game: "This is for making me feel like a douche for screwing you over." It's like beating a dog for no reason and then taking it outside to rub its nose in its own feces.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.