[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chico's and Tall Titan  (Read 8848 times)

DoddsOnSports.com

• Walk-On
Chico's and Tall Titan
« on: October 18, 2010, 03:38:38 AM »
Right thing to do is not blackmail people.  Cura Personalis, remember?
===========================================================
Yes I do…and I remember from our Theology classes something about “ bearing false witness “ as being frowned upon…..=========================================================
Why are you posting here if you don't care for this site?  Why are 100's of people over here posting that will never post over there again?   I think if you can answer those questions you will have gained the knowledge you seek.  

What is there not to believe from TallTitan's claims?  I believe him.  Just as I believe so many others that have done their walking from one site to the other (not for the reasons TallTitan claims).  They obviously didn't care for the management.  
===========================================================================
Let’s see Tall Titan says that :
=======================================================================
Dodds threatened to tell ESPN that I was posting videos of game highlights on scoop, but he said if I posted them over at his site instead he would be able to work out a deal allowing me to do it.
Chicos…you are not a novice when it comes to broadcasting….for yrs, I have tried to get FOX 6 Milwaukee to share the video highlight tapes of their Marquette Basketball coverage with our Marquette Hoops site which is owned by Fox Sports….this cannot happen because of copyrights issues…..

So Tall Titan is saying that I made him an offer to come over to our site to do video but even more than that I coerced him by saying that I was going to work out a deal that would allow him to continue doing this with ESPN highlights at our site.  Now Chicos….can you tell me….when I make the call to Bristol Conn…to the ESPN headquarters…and said, ‘Hi , ESPN….this is John Dodds moderator of the Marquette website Marquette Hoops.com…we would like to talk to you about working out an arrangement for us to show your basketball highlights on our Fox owned website. “  Chicos…do you think the ‘click’ would come in 10 sec or 12 seconds later?
The answer is that this never happened.   Fox Sports would not allow any ESPN video content to be shown on any Scout site.   The video might be up for a few days before the Fox monitors would discover it and remove it.   Tall Titan might have thought this happened in which case he was mistaken, or did not understand exactly what I was proposing…taking videos at open practices and games, if possible and editing them in an organized fashion for the site[I think this is the correct answer]……or and I hope this is not the case….thinks of this as ‘convenient’ way for a moderator of Scoops to bash a moderator of another Marquette site…’threats’…’blackmail’…why would anyone go to that site?   Very convenient….

A few other points…I don’t know who Tall Titan is…..and if I were such an SOB, why has he not been turned into ESPN?  From the seriousness of the ‘threat’….you would have thought this was priority one wth me….
I can understand who you want to believe….but does that story really make sense?

edit: fixed quote tag
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:47:29 AM by mu_hilltopper »

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Chico's and Tall Titan
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 04:28:02 AM »
DRAMA.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:21:01 AM »
Two things...first, if possible, could all the drivel from the Rodney Hood thread be moved in here? Not sure if it's doable to separate a thread, but it'd be really nice for people actually interested in the Rodney Hood topic.

Second, why is it that so many people can't understand that when you quote someone, you write your own text OUTSIDE the quote box!?! Sorry, pet peeve of mine, but it really makes you look like an idiot when you include your own text in their quote. It's not difficult, people.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:24:50 AM »
Dodds,

TallTitan is not mistaken. I vividly remember reading those messages from you to him. The messages came off as nothing less than pompous, cheap and desperate because TT was providing clips that you were envious of.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 06:27:48 AM »
Second, why is it that so many people can't understand that when you quote someone, you write your own text OUTSIDE the quote box!?! Sorry, pet peeve of mine, but it really makes you look like an idiot when you include your own text in their quote. It's not difficult, people.

It really is astonishing that people do not review their post before posting and notice this error, or are too lazy to fix it after they do see it.

thekahoona

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 06:36:15 AM »
so...um...how many games do you think our warriors will win this year?

::)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:36:27 AM »
Don't know who Tall Titan is?!?!?

Name: Tall Titan
Alias: Gold N. Eagle
Description: 6'4", large yellow beak, ugly MU throwback jersey
Key things to watch for: He will most likely be carrying around a bullhorn or an empty Papa Johns pizza box.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 06:42:31 AM »
Now Chicos….can you tell me….when I make the call to Bristol Conn…to the ESPN headquarters…and said, ‘Hi , ESPN….this is John Dodds moderator of the Marquette website Marquette Hoops.com…we would like to talk to you about working out an arrangement for us to show your basketball highlights on our Fox owned website. “  Chicos…do you think the ‘click’ would come in 10 sec or 12 seconds later?
The answer is that this never happened.

A few other points…I don’t know who Tall Titan is…..and if I were such an SOB, why has he not been turned into ESPN?  From the seriousness of the ‘threat’….you would have thought this was priority one wth me….
I can understand who you want to believe….but does that story really make sense?

1) You said that you could arrange something with Dennis Krause to get the video situation worked out at your site.  Honestly, I don't know how Krause would pull that off but that's what you said.

2) I haven't been turned into ESPN because either A) the clips were under 30 seconds which I've heard is acceptable (can't confirm this though) and/or B) it was an empty threat to try to get the videos on Hoops.  

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 06:54:16 AM »
Fox Sports would not allow any ESPN video content to be shown on any Scout site.   The video might be up for a few days before the Fox monitors would discover it and remove it.   Tall Titan might have thought this happened in which case he was mistaken, or did not understand exactly what I was proposing…taking videos at open practices and games, if possible and editing them in an organized fashion for the site[I think this is the correct answer]……or and I hope this is not the case….thinks of this as ‘convenient’ way for a moderator of Scoops to bash a moderator of another Marquette site…’threats’…’blackmail’…why would anyone go to that site?   Very convenient….

I will give you this Dodds.  You did just say that I could do "video work" on your site so its possible you meant practices.  I assumed you meant game highlights but I never followed up on your offer. I apologize.

But it still doesn't change that you tried to get me to stop putting videos on scoop by threatening to turn me into ESPN.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 07:16:23 AM »
I just want to post videos for Marquette fans to enjoy FOR FREE. I didn't want to do any video work for your site that people have to pay for.  I didn't put videos together so the scout company can take money from Marquette fans.  

It's not about money here.  One poster you have banned (I won't say who) has made myself and other fans amazing DVD's of great Marquette games and he didn't charge a single cent.  Other posters make awesome wallpapers, again not charging anything.  Hell, the moderators here front the cost of maintaining scoop right out of their pocket.  We all do it because we want to share with other Marquette fans, not because we want to profit off of them.  

Look at all the arguments your site has caused because people have to pay to get their info.  Marquette fans can't tell other Marquette fans information they heard because it is owned by scout.  I understand though that's your career and this is how you make your money.

Just don't expect me to lose any sleep when people "steal" your information after you threatened to turn me in and wanted me to do videos for your site instead of scoop.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:51:55 AM by TallTitan34 »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 07:17:22 AM »
Two things...first, if possible, could all the drivel from the Rodney Hood thread be moved in here? Not sure if it's doable to separate a thread, but it'd be really nice for people actually interested in the Rodney Hood topic.
If this happened that thread would be about eight words long.  What a joke.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 08:05:23 AM »
Dodds, stop trying to sabotage the Marquette basketball program.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:49 AM »
Dodds, go away...you're a main reason this board was created.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 08:14:28 AM »
Now, now.  We welcome everyone here at MUScoop.   Him and Mike Juno started this whole MU internet community, and Scoop would not be here without his efforts.

(By the way, JD, Skatastrophy's comment about sabotage .. that's a long running joke about Chicos.)

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 08:30:26 AM »
Yes, we are all family as MU alums or fans or friends.  Obviously families have their ups and downs, but (int eh end ) family ).  Some folks here don't get it.  Lets go Marquette (Warriors).... :)

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 08:46:39 AM »
I think the Warrior name is the one thing 99.999% of us can all agree on.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 09:12:49 AM »
Dodds,

Just admit that you were dominating the Marquette scene after the Rivals board collapsed, and when Scoop started up you were thrown into a tailspin of rage and jealously. I used to be a frequent poster over there, and left as soon as you starting redacting any mention of Scoop to hide this site from your followers. After that, you were quickly banning any insubordination to your site. Power hungry like your some sort of Marquette Messiah. You're not, and MarquetteHoops went down the crapter when IWB left.

Why are you over here discussing your board, when you won't let any mention of Scoop at your site. Who are you crapping?

Bad guy.

edit: come on, fellas.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:20:25 AM by mu_hilltopper »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 09:43:38 AM »
I have to ask, if this thread started on another board and a certain individual was the subject of it...how long would it last?  An hour?  10 minutes?  The bat phone would go off pretty quickly.

John, pick up the phone....it hasn't stopped you in the past from calling me or others....though it's been awhile since we've "talked".  If my wife answers you can give her parenting tips and then after she's done with her response, you can bring up your grievances...it will be Festivus.

Incidentally, have you ever considered your communication style might be the hang up here? It's obvious that several of us felt your comments were threatening or came across that way.  In fact, on several occasions in my email to you I had to ask a clarifying question over the years if you were doing just that.  Now, I've always considered you a giant suspenders wearing Teddy bear with a passionate discourse.  My guess is it's just the way you write or perhaps our inability to process your style, but it seems that a number of people misinterpret some of your comments and view them with a tone that comes across as questionable at best and something else at worse.   Maybe we over here do not have the power of interpretation that others do.  Or maybe it's just a style issue on your part...or maybe both.  I don't know.

Go Marquette!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 09:48:26 AM »
Wow - Did not realize all of the bad blood between some Scoopers and the Scout site.  Seems everyone needs to step back from the ledge here.  Both Scoop and Scout provide a very valuable service to the MU basketball community.  We all should be grateful for both.  Furthermore, if Dodds wants to make a buck or two off of his efforts, and time and investment he makes toward his site and MU basketball - I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.  He devotes a lot of time and energy to that site, and thus is reasonable in receiving some compensation for those efforts.

As for Scoop being free - thank you to those who created this site!  When it comes time for annual donations to pay for site administration, etc...I'll definitely donate some $$. Just seems we should realize there is an appreciation and place for both sites on the web.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 10:07:51 AM »
Well, I'm entertained.  It would be nice if we could all just get along though.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 10:12:06 AM »
Wow - Did not realize all of the bad blood between some Scoopers and the Scout site.  Seems everyone needs to step back from the ledge here.  Both Scoop and Scout provide a very valuable service to the MU basketball community.  We all should be grateful for both.  Furthermore, if Dodds wants to make a buck or two off of his efforts, and time and investment he makes toward his site and MU basketball - I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.  He devotes a lot of time and energy to that site, and thus is reasonable in receiving some compensation for those efforts.

+1

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »
Wow - Did not realize all of the bad blood between some Scoopers and the Scout site.  Seems everyone needs to step back from the ledge here.  Both Scoop and Scout provide a very valuable service to the MU basketball community.  We all should be grateful for both.  Furthermore, if Dodds wants to make a buck or two off of his efforts, and time and investment he makes toward his site and MU basketball - I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.  He devotes a lot of time and energy to that site, and thus is reasonable in receiving some compensation for those efforts.

As for Scoop being free - thank you to those who created this site!  When it comes time for annual donations to pay for site administration, etc...I'll definitely donate some $$. Just seems we should realize there is an appreciation and place for both sites on the web.

Hear, hear... well said Ners.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 10:36:34 AM »
rarely ever do i agree with chicos but I have to in this case.

Strange that Dodds likes to call himself Stalin but then gets so emotional when people call him out on some of his actions.  I sincerely doubt that the real Stalin was so emotional and concerned about his public perception if he was so resolute in his beliefs.  Do you think Stalin went to the Jews meassage board and asked them why they did not like him and try to explain what really happened?  Please give it a break.  Some like Scout, some like to pay to feel a part of something.  Some dont.  Who cares?! Some like Pepsi , some like Coke.

Lastly, since the Scout people are now monitoring the boards and are so concerned about recruit perceptions I have a lingering question....It has been said recruits read the boards and develop perceptions then why...drum roll please....Does almost every single other Scout website call a recruit and interview him after a visit yet the MU Scout board does not?

Look at all the guys Mu is recruiting after every visit there is an article about that player and his visit when they visit other schools.  You dont think that when a guy calls from Louisville or a Maryland board and asks a recruit about his visit and publishes an article it does not give that player some love?  How big of a part of the dicison making process is that? Who knows.  But it seems when a player visits 3 schools and gives three interviews and then visits MU...crickets....and there is some article about last years recruits.   

Just sayin

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 11:06:56 AM »
rarely ever do i agree with chicos but I have to in this case.

Strange that Dodds likes to call himself Stalin but then gets so emotional when people call him out on some of his actions.  I sincerely doubt that the real Stalin was so emotional and concerned about his public perception if he was so resolute in his beliefs.  Do you think Stalin went to the Jews meassage board and asked them why they did not like him and try to explain what really happened?  Please give it a break.  Some like Scout, some like to pay to feel a part of something.  Some dont.  Who cares?! Some like Pepsi , some like Coke.

Lastly, since the Scout people are now monitoring the boards and are so concerned about recruit perceptions I have a lingering question....It has been said recruits read the boards and develop perceptions then why...drum roll please....Does almost every single other Scout website call a recruit and interview him after a visit yet the MU Scout board does not?

Look at all the guys Mu is recruiting after every visit there is an article about that player and his visit when they visit other schools.  You dont think that when a guy calls from Louisville or a Maryland board and asks a recruit about his visit and publishes an article it does not give that player some love?  How big of a part of the dicison making process is that? Who knows.  But it seems when a player visits 3 schools and gives three interviews and then visits MU...crickets....and there is some article about last years recruits.   

Just sayin

Because Buzz does not allow the access to recruits that these other schools do. It's really that simple.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »
Dodds has always thought he was something special.  One of the most arrogant nerds I ever crossed paths with when we were undergrads. HAd awhole posse of nerds following him around.

Not sure what his MU heritage is (who's his daddy?), but it sure has allowed him access not many get.  His bedside manner would never get him that access.