collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[May 22, 2024, 09:36:22 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 22, 2024, 07:26:16 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by rocky_warrior
[May 22, 2024, 06:25:06 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by BCHoopster
[May 22, 2024, 06:19:00 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by tower912
[May 22, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Can of Worms - Opened  (Read 33006 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Hood to Announce Today
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2010, 04:08:56 PM »
In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic... Do we have any idea what time Hood is planning on announcing his decision?

I think all hopes of getting this back on topic are over.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wesmat23

• Starter
  • Veezy V G.T.S.T
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »
i want info on hood's announcement. start a new topic to discuss your f'ing stealing info sht. this is so pathetic.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2010, 04:10:50 PM »
Let's talk Hood

(I'm hoping a new page starting off with 3 straight posts about him gets some information that are actually on topic.  Seems like - or just straight up is the case - every thread about a recruit turns into a 5 page topic completely unrelated)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
Nice try, but that just says next week. Everyone new that. But what they didn't know until Mark Miller had the info that his announcement would be today.

You're acting like this is the first time this has ever happened in the history of the world.

I'm not sure this kerfuffle necessitates you and DJ running over here like bodyguards to defend the honor of the Scout site. It seems rather petty. Plus, it probably goes to show just where we stand with Hood if a thread on his decision is dominated by the morally righteous brigade.  :-[

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »
I love the idea of Hood, but have to admit I'm much bigger on the idea of us getting a power forward in. We already have a number of switchables like Williams, Jones, Wilson, and now Anderson. Though admittedly, I can't imagine scoffing at the idea of any consensus top 50 recruit.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2010, 04:16:35 PM »
Hello there .. been out of contact for the day.

Just caught up on this thread.   Want to chime in that the official policy here that we want to respect Dodds' premium info.  It's a business, they take money and give you premium info, and you have to respect that.

The challenge is to figure out .. when does info get into the public domain.   The internet is slippery that way.  At some point, there's a 2nd source.

At this point, the original point of this thread is now widely known .. so no action will be taken here.. but Dodds may have a different answer for his part.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
Is stealing OK with you?

Is having a MU "fansite" negatively impact the program OK with you?

Just asking...

What do you mean a MU "fansite" negatively impacting the program?  You mean when the truth is told?  I don't have any issues when the truth is told or shining the light on activities that are poor judgment, flat out illegal or unethical....or do you like just covering those up.  Just asking.  Have we lost a recruit....has the program been "negatively impacted"....please provide proof.  

Is stealing ok with me.....in general, no.  I'm always conflicted when I'm in the airport with my laptop and I plug it into a wall by the gate, am I "stealing" since I didn't pay for that electricity?  If I copy something from the Internet that another site had copied from say ESPN Insider, but I don't know that, am I an accomplice in stealing?  I'm just asking.  But generally speaking, I'm not ok with stealing in the sense we are all familiar with...go to store, take item....not cool with that.   Go to internet and watch live game that is pirated or streamed illegally...no ok with it.  Taking songs off napster...not ok with it.  Writing information about a recruit's decision where bits and pieces of info are on probably 40 other sites....

By the way, I think blackmailing is even worse, but that's just me.  Just sayin.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:25:50 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2010, 04:27:04 PM »
I love the idea of Hood, but have to admit I'm much bigger on the idea of us getting a power forward in. We already have a number of switchables like Williams, Jones, Wilson, and now Anderson. Though admittedly, I can't imagine scoffing at the idea of any consensus top 50 recruit.

I feel the same way on some level.  Hood, though, is pretty tall and can play the 2, 3, or 4 in Buzz's offense.  I would not regret taking him even though I have many times said I would rather see Buzz pass on guards in favor of bigs this year.  If you have the chance at a 5-star, you have to take him.  

I think EWill and Jamil Wilson and Crowder can play the 4 spot next year.  And Buzz definitely uses the 4 spot different than other coaches and those types of players play there.  Hood would play the wing with DJO, Blue, Jones, and Anderson. Cadougan, Smith, and Blue should be able to handle the one.  We would really need Otule and Gardner to step up inside, and/or recruit a game ready freshman big or JUCO for big success next year, which would concern people with taking another wing.  You still can't pass on Hood though, and there is a spot for him.  

I'd love Hood, but the third scholarship MUST be a bi gman if he signs.  McDonald or Shaw would be perfect.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2010, 04:28:20 PM »
Chicos - this is all about WHAT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »
We would really need Otule and Gardner to step up inside, and/or recruit a game ready freshman big or JUCO for big success next year, which would concern people with taking another wing.

I'm almost surprised we haven't brought in any Juco big men yet. Butler and DJO have been monster successes. Not a lot of Juco's ever have a chance to make the NBA, and we have two on our roster now. Crowder seems to have tremendous upside, and the least successful has been Fulce, and my guess is most teams would be happy with adding a Juco that has his kind of ability, especially when we're getting three years of eligibility out of him. Maybe poaching that level for a center is the direction Buzz should go if he can't get Shaw or McDonald.

Somewhat off topic, will Jamil Wilson be redshirting this year? Does he come back next year as a sophomore or as a junior? I have to assume he'll be a junior. Just looking ahead, next year we will only have two players graduating, DJO and Crowder (assuming nobody leaves early). With only five scholarships opening up in the next two years, I think that makes this year more critical from a recruiting standpoint. Unless we can get an early verbal from someone like Philip Nolan, we really need to make sure there's a big in this class.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »
Chicos - this is all about WHAT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO?

Right thing to do is not blackmail people.  Cura Personalis, remember?

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »
Wilson is sitting out this year, and will be a sophomore next year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2010, 04:37:21 PM »
Somewhat off topic, will Jamil Wilson be redshirting this year? Does he come back next year as a sophomore or as a junior? I have to assume he'll be a junior. Just looking ahead, next year we will only have two players graduating, DJO and Crowder (assuming nobody leaves early). With only five scholarships opening up in the next two years, I think that makes this year more critical from a recruiting standpoint. Unless we can get an early verbal from someone like Philip Nolan, we really need to make sure there's a big in this class.

Wilson will have three years left.  He is redshirting.  Yeah I found it interesting that they have only two for 2012, but who knows what will happen between now and then.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2010, 04:52:02 PM »

What do you mean a MU "fansite" negatively impacting the program?  You mean when the truth is told?  I don't have any issues when the truth is told or shining the light on activities that are poor judgment, flat out illegal or unethical....or do you like just covering those up.  Just asking.  Have we lost a recruit....has the program been "negatively impacted"....please provide proof. 

I mean when this site promotes a wanna be journalist, and allows him to think hes a groundbreaking investigative reporter looking to "expose the truth." When he is nothing more than a fan, and his "reports" containing alot of half-truths. All for what?

I mean when a "fansite" and some (not all) it's members act in such a manner that impacts the decision of potential recruits.

I mean when opposing conference SIDs look at this site and are embarrassed for Marquette.

Writing information about a recruit's decision where bits and pieces of info are on probably 40 other sites....

Why dont you find the info on 40 other sites and cite them then? 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »
You need to take a closer look at the roster, a bunch of those guys are walk ons, or guys that were promised scholarships conditionally and are willing to become walk ons if need be. 
The roster list I looked at did not list walk ons, assuming you are right, they are stil at least 2 over. Nothing like over recruiting, is there?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2010, 05:36:43 PM »
I mean when this site promotes a wanna be journalist, and allows him to think hes a groundbreaking investigative reporter looking to "expose the truth." When he is nothing more than a fan, and his "reports" containing alot of half-truths. All for what?

I mean when a "fansite" and some (not all) it's members act in such a manner that impacts the decision of potential recruits.

I mean when opposing conference SIDs look at this site and are embarrassed for Marquette.

Oh no...some opposing conference SIDs are "embarrassed" for Marquette....it would be nice for them to have 100% control over what is posted on a message board like they trying on another site.  Totally stripped down, completely sterile and if anyone brings up one word slightly against der leader it's stripped away.  And you wonder why 100's of people no longer post at a certain site.....yes, you wonder.  I wonder who's to blame for that, yes, I wonder.   ::) 

Secondly, if we are losing recruits because of the comments of a fan or fans....wow, talk about thin skinned. What are they going to do when Buzz yells at them at practice, wet themselves?  What are they going to do when an opposing team mocks them at the free throw line...run off the court?  Please.  

But I'm glad to hear you still think blackmailing people is ok.  Good to hear.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »

Oh no...some opposing conference SIDs are "embarrassed" for Marquette....it would be nice for them to have 100% control over what is posted on a message board like they trying on another site.  Totally stripped down, completely sterile and if anyone brings up one word slightly against der leader it's stripped away.  And you wonder why 100's of people no longer post at a certain site.....yes, you wonder.  I wonder who's to blame for that, yes, I wonder.   ::) 

Secondly, if we are losing recruits because of the comments of a fan or fans....wow, talk about thin skinned. What are they going to do when Buzz yells at them at practice, wet themselves?  What are they going to do when an opposing team mocks them at the free throw line...run off the court?  Please.  

But I'm glad to hear you still think blackmailing people is ok.  Good to hear.

Where did I condone blackmailing, the way you condone stealing?  I dont know the facts in this alleged case of "blackmailing"...and I doubt I will get an un-biased explanation on here, so I wont even bother commenting.

Do you think its "cool" that this site isnt moderated, just so you can have a voice?  And because of that lack of moderation, the program that we are all fans of is effected? Is that cool to you, does that make you happy?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2010, 05:52:23 PM »
Where did I condone blackmailing, the way you condone stealing?  I dont know the facts in this alleged case of "blackmailing"...and I doubt I will get an un-biased explanation on here, so I wont even bother commenting.

Do you think its "cool" that this site isnt moderated, just so you can have a voice?  And because of that lack of moderation, the program that we are all fans of is effected? Is that cool to you, does that make you happy?

Why are you posting here if you don't care for this site?  Why are 100's of people over here posting that will never post over there again?   I think if you can answer those questions you will have gained the knowledge you seek.  

What is there not to believe from TallTitan's claims?  I believe him.  Just as I believe so many others that have done their walking from one site to the other (not for the reasons TallTitan claims).  They obviously didn't care for the management.  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:56:45 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
Why are you posting here if you don't care for this site?  Why are 100's of people over here posting that will never post over there again?   I think if you can answer those questions you will have gained the knowledge you seek.  

What is there not to believe from TallTitan's claims? 

There is some good discussion on this site, I wont deny that. However, the majority of it has become a wasteland.

So 100s have people have left the other site and ran to you telling you their stories?  I am willing to bet 99% of their decision is based on the preachings of Murf  8-)

Unlike you, the type that takes Brad Forster's word as gold, I like to hear and understand both sides of issues before I judge.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »
We almost got back on topic, too :(

Seriously, can't we take this discussion to another thread? It has no bearing whatsoever on what the thread is about and people are trying to discuss.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »
You aren't stealing HIS premium content you little ass clown, you are stealing from the people that pay for it's content. You know, fellow MU fans. Classy. Way to represent MU in a honorable way.  ::)

This is an absolutely silly argument.  It's one thing if you are posting articles from ESPN Insider and the like, but simply stating a fact that you hear on another site, isn't stealing.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
There is some good discussion on this site, I wont deny that. However, the majority of it has become a wasteland.

So 100s have people have left the other site and ran to you telling you their stories?  I am willing to bet 99% of their decision is based on the preachings of Murf  8-)

Unlike you, the type that takes Brad Forster's word as gold, I like to hear and understand both sides of issues before I judge.

Brad Forster's word?....I thought the videos showed more than his word and took the views of some of his coaches.  I thought the articles and the interviews on independent sites, including newspapers showed more than "Brad's word"....at some point the evidence becomes a landslide but some just want to ignore it and even when presented with both sides, completely look dumbfounded.   :D   

PS  Murf posts on this site as well.  Something tells me so many people left the other site for other reasons, but you'll have to guess why that is....maybe you can ask and listed to "both sides" and then make a judgment.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2010, 06:12:38 PM »
Recently saw a Gladwell and Anderson debate on  "The Cost of Free".  Apple figured out the currency that Napster couldn't.  The Nook helped the bookstores take on Amazon.  Now Apple has moved in with iPad.  Magazines and newspapers can't/couldn't figure out giving away their content.  Now that can be solved. Streaming video and content (VOD) is the next horizon.  Burns Brothers new indy film release this weekend went right to on-demand since theater distribution was too costly.  

Good read article by Wired's Anderson, since Hood is silent.

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/magazine/16-03/ff_free?currentPage=all

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »
Couple things:

1) Would it not be the ultimate irony in this situation if Hood does not announce his decision today - thus devaluing the "premium information?"  The reality in the recruiting world is that a lot of stuff gets thrown around, and very, very few ever know the real truth other than the player himself, his family, and maybe the coaching staff at the school.  Certainly Mark Miller is as reputable as they get..and this is not to discredit him..but to also point out if "premuim information" turns out to be inaccurate, then was there really value in the first place?  Should all subscribers to the Scout site then ask for their money back?  Clearly none of us would..but no need to get spastic over such a minor deal.

2) I'm still waiting for djgoldnboy and muguru to tell me how I am stealing..when I paid for the information I posted here.  Furthermore, they paid for the info too..and they got what they paid for.  Nobody has been wronged.  Seems to me I'm acting in a more Jesuit and selfless fashion than those who act selfishly and don't want to share.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

reinko

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
Interweb pay walls are soooo 2006.