collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chico's and Tall Titan  (Read 8852 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Chico's and Tall Titan
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 11:25:59 AM »

Because Buzz does not allow the access to recruits that these other schools do. It's really that simple.

Huh?
Buzz can't deny anyone access to recruits off-campus.

Not that I agree/disagree with CD's point, but how would Buzz possibly prevent Dodds or anyone other credentialed media figure (aka non-booster) from calling a recruit?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 12:04:39 PM »
I'm paraphrasing here, but a great man once said the only way to control information is to control the mail.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 12:17:36 PM »
I'm paraphrasing here, but a great man once said the only way to control information is to control the mail.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_4z2adv6Q

Well done Titan, but we need the video.  Now...the next question is whether I'm guilty of "stealing" from NBC, Seinfeld, etc for posting this link from Youtube.  Let the debate rage

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »
did I miss something that just happened? I thought this incident occurred months ago. That's an eternity in this age of the twitter and the inter-webs. How did it take this long for some kind of duke-it-out thread to develop?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 04:34:37 PM »
did I miss something that just happened? I thought this incident occurred months ago. That's an eternity in this age of the twitter and the inter-webs. How did it take this long for some kind of duke-it-out thread to develop?

There was a thread yesterday that stated Rodney Hood was committing on Sunday, October 17. Didn't happen, but it mentioned info that came from the Scout site. Despite the efforts of some to keep the topic on Hood, it spiraled out of control and became a slag-fest about stealing (though it's really piracy by definition) that brought Dodds over to this board. Looks like that thread has since been deleted.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 05:06:08 PM »
su-per
bar

SU-PER
BAR

SU-PER
BAR!

SS Marquette

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 05:15:56 PM »

Just noticed the thread title has been changed to "Can of Worms -- Opened" here in Hangin' at the Al. You can read the ridiculous 8 pages of posts there.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
Lastly, since the Scout people are now monitoring the boards and are so concerned about recruit perceptions I have a lingering question....It has been said recruits read the boards and develop perceptions then why...drum roll please....Does almost every single other Scout website call a recruit and interview him after a visit yet the MU Scout board does not?

Look at all the guys Mu is recruiting after every visit there is an article about that player and his visit when they visit other schools.  You dont think that when a guy calls from Louisville or a Maryland board and asks a recruit about his visit and publishes an article it does not give that player some love?  How big of a part of the dicison making process is that? Who knows.  But it seems when a player visits 3 schools and gives three interviews and then visits MU...crickets....and there is some article about last years recruits.   

Just sayin

This comment reminded me of what Kevin O'Neill used to do back in his day.  He'd let the student reporters know who he was recruiting, where they were from etc....That would end up in a Marquette Trib article, which the basketball office would send to the recruits with the message that everyone at MU was excited about that guy coming to MU. Same concept as what Canadian Dimes was referring to in terms of appealing to recruits' egos, just a different era in terms of execution.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »
Buzz does not allow access??  Who are you trying to kid?  Buzz does not grant access or do other coaches....the websites simply call the kid no different than Daniels or Telep of anyone else.  Buzz can control his players.

feedback