Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What Time Should I leave  (Read 6138 times)

yungmufan20

• Scholarship Player
  • The Three Amigos
What Time Should I leave
« on: March 01, 2007, 09:34:43 AM »
I want the ltd. Gameday shirt. What time shoud I leave? I live in germantown.

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
Re: What Time Should I leave
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »
3am. I've heard kids were partying til 2, then heading over to wait at the BC. Doors open at 8. If you don't get there quite a few hours before hand, you wont get it.

my guess, anyway...
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

MUtrain

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:31:23 AM »
I doubt that many will pull that off.  For one, its easy to talk that up, but I can't see a ton of kids spending that long outside.  There would have to be some public intoxication risks, would there?

Seriously, I think if you show up by about 7 you'd be okay

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 10:46:44 AM »
No way showing up at 7 gets you one....look at how MU embraces St. Patties day, crowds everywhere at 5:30 in the AM....you have to get their early to get a shirt, I'd say 4 or 5 at the latest.  Not to mention that the place in line for the Gameday show determines the seat section the students get for the game later that day. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:51:44 AM by Djgoldnboy »

MUtrain

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Yeah, but, this isn't on campus, and its the end of a night of drinking, not the beginning of a day of drinking.  Now that I think about it, 7 may be pushing it, but I still don't think 4 or 5 at the latest.  Keep in mind that it will be snowing as well.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 10:52:17 AM »
Honestly, I'd probably take tomorrow off from work and start lining up at 7:00 am tomorrow. This shirt is that much in demand.

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »
its the end of a night of drinking, not the beginning of a day of drinking. 

Why can't it be both the end of a night AND the beginning of a day of drinking?  I don't see any need for the undergrads to stop.  ;D

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 11:45:56 AM »
Anyone else from my era feel like the soft, weak students of today will not be ready to go once gametime actually rolls around?

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »
its the end of a night of drinking, not the beginning of a day of drinking. 

Why can't it be both the end of a night AND the beginning of a day of drinking?  I don't see any need for the undergrads to stop.  ;D

plus there's no hangover if you don't stop drinking...
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Warrior Farls

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 12:22:40 PM »
Anyone else from my era feel like the soft, weak students of today will not be ready to go once gametime actually rolls around?

I agree Naivin.  There would have not been any question.  Stay at the bars until they close, make sure you have plenty of carry-out from the 'Lanch and head down to the BC to keep drinking.
"Roland was a warrior" -Warren Zevon

ppp098

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 01:06:52 PM »
You can go to the Harp on wells starting at 6 am, get a few pops then go to the BC.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »

I feel that that sometimes to, however at WV game I was in the restroom with a student who was puking pretty bad at 10:30 in the BC.....I kind of laughed at him, remembering when I was in his shoes, and his buddy stated that they had pulled an all nighter to make the game. I felt like a proud parent, with some at MU yet the "force" is strong.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 01:54:41 PM »
ZiggysFryBoy's keys to a sucessful all night and all day drinking binge.  (in no particular order.)

1)  Get a good base.  Some people would recommend things like pasta.  Not me.  That's too filling.  The key is to find a good midrange.

2)  BUY ENOUGH SMOKES AHEAD OF TIME.  Trust me, you don't want to have to walk to 15th and State at 4 in the morning.  That f*****r put a hex on me, I had no game (well, nothing from nothing is still nothing) for like 4 months after that dude mumbled some curse on me.

3)  Drink in moderation in excess.  This truly definds binge drinking.  If the experts say binge drinking is 3 or more drinks in one sitting, well, just don't get up.  Pick a beer and stick with it.  No shots, no pulls from the bottle of Jack, no boat races, beer pong, Beirut or slamming contests.  Just keep a steady stream of beer, at least 1-3 per hour.

4)  Video games.  You have a long night ahead of you.  Keep yourself occupied.

5)  Change of scenery.  If you start at home, go to a bar.  If you start at a bar, go to a different bar.  Avoid cab rides and long walks.  I don't advise walking too much with beer either, the beer gets shaken up and can upset your stomach.  Kobiyachi the hot dog guy doesn't walk around while eating hot dogs, you shouldn't either.  Also avoid afterbars, unless you're hosting or know the hosts real well.  A bad afterbar can 1) have no beer, 2) have not enough beer, 3) really put you to sleep.  Gotta stay up.

6)  Plan ahead.  Around 3 am, you need to start thinking about eating again.  If taco bell is close, head there.  If you need someone to drive, forget it.  They inevitably take an hour and bring back the food cold and the order wrong.  Half the game is 90% mental.  Once you decide it's time to eat, do it.  Real Chili, Gyros, all close places to get some grub.  If you really plan ahead, Pizza Shuttle will deliver fast.  Plus, the delivery guy will probably hang out with you for a while, bring a burst of new life to a party---a good move is to get the Pizza Shuttle guy to do keg stands, really livens up the 3 o'clock hour.  If you prefer to dine in, I highly recommend deepfrying (no pun intended) a box of State Fair Cheddar corn dogs.  Eat with mustard.  Other good things to deepfry at 3 am:  poppers, motz sticks, mushrooms (breaded, not the Gonzaga special), pork skin, well just about anything.

7)  After 2nd dinner, its time to get psyched up for dawn patrol.  But it's always darkest before dawn, it's no different with an all nighter.  Fun things to keep you occupied from 3-5 am:  throwing things out windows, smoking cigs, blowing things up, 3 man slingshot, etc.  Once dawn patrol starts, you've made it.  If you need, I suggest having some gatorade on hand.  Mix yourself a vodka/gatorade.  You need the electrolytes.  Plus it hydrates you while it dehydrates you (the guy who told me that is now a doctor, so I believe him.)

8)  Prepare for the day.  You've made it.  The excitement alone should be enough to keep you going for the rest of the day.  Good luck.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 02:22:25 PM »
That Gatorade/Vodka is legit, my brother in law lives on that stuff for a week each summer when we vacation on the lake. 

Great post Ziggy, brought back some memories of my former "gameplans" for heavy drinking marathons and I don't even know you.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »
Ziggy, I'm impressed. You sound like you have rattled off this advice more than once.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 03:43:21 PM »
ZiggysFryBoy's keys to a sucessful all night and all day drinking binge.  (in no particular order.)

1)  Get a good base.  Some people would recommend things like pasta.  Not me.  That's too filling.  The key is to find a good midrange.

2)  BUY ENOUGH SMOKES AHEAD OF TIME.  Trust me, you don't want to have to walk to 15th and State at 4 in the morning.  That f*****r put a hex on me, I had no game (well, nothing from nothing is still nothing) for like 4 months after that dude mumbled some curse on me.

3)  Drink in moderation in excess.  This truly definds binge drinking.  If the experts say binge drinking is 3 or more drinks in one sitting, well, just don't get up.  Pick a beer and stick with it.  No shots, no pulls from the bottle of Jack, no boat races, beer pong, Beirut or slamming contests.  Just keep a steady stream of beer, at least 1-3 per hour.

5)  Change of scenery.  If you start at home, go to a bar.  If you start at a bar, go to a different bar.  Avoid cab rides and long walks.  I don't advise walking too much with beer either, the beer gets shaken up and can upset your stomach.  Kobiyachi the hot dog guy doesn't walk around while eating hot dogs, you shouldn't either.  Also avoid afterbars, unless you're hosting or know the hosts real well.  A bad afterbar can 1) have no beer, 2) have not enough beer, 3) really put you to sleep.  Gotta stay up.

6)  Plan ahead.  Around 3 am, you need to start thinking about eating again.  If taco bell is close, head there.  If you need someone to drive, forget it.  They inevitably take an hour and bring back the food cold and the order wrong.  Half the game is 90% mental.  Once you decide it's time to eat, do it.  Real Chili, Gyros, all close places to get some grub.  If you really plan ahead, Pizza Shuttle will deliver fast.  Plus, the delivery guy will probably hang out with you for a while, bring a burst of new life to a party---a good move is to get the Pizza Shuttle guy to do keg stands, really livens up the 3 o'clock hour.  If you prefer to dine in, I highly recommend deepfrying (no pun intended) a box of State Fair Cheddar corn dogs.  Eat with mustard.  Other good things to deepfry at 3 am:  poppers, motz sticks, mushrooms (breaded, not the Gonzaga special), pork skin, well just about anything.

7)  After 2nd dinner, its time to get psyched up for dawn patrol.  But it's always darkest before dawn, it's no different with an all nighter.  Fun things to keep you occupied from 3-5 am:  throwing things out windows, smoking cigs, blowing things up, 3 man slingshot, etc.  Once dawn patrol starts, you've made it.  If you need, I suggest having some gatorade on hand.  Mix yourself a vodka/gatorade.  You need the electrolytes.  Plus it hydrates you while it dehydrates you (the guy who told me that is now a doctor, so I believe him.)

8)  Prepare for the day.  You've made it.  The excitement alone should be enough to keep you going for the rest of the day.  Good luck.

I honestly believe this is the funniest post I have ever read on MUScoop.  Well done Ziggy, well done.

tonyreeder

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 03:47:28 PM »
anyone out there from the 80's who opened the Green Tree?   I think it opened at 6.   That place was a treat.   I remember my freshman year they'd have quarter taps or  $2 pitchers and raffle off three foot bongs or on one occasion a hookah.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 08:15:13 AM »
Good stuff Zigggy.

I think the best drinking food is Chinese. Fills you up for a half hour, then you're hungry. Fill that void with beer and you're set.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
this needs to be added to the WIKI somehow
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 09:00:32 AM »

Can this post be like posted in the WIKI somewhere under the category of "How to be a champion!!"

Quick question  Ziggy... What is the Gonzaga special

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 09:21:43 AM »
As members of the media said "Hallucinogenic Mushrooms" would be the Gonzaga Special.

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
Sorry a little slow
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 09:41:24 AM »
I guess I was still thinking about fried mushrooms, and how some idiot in the Pacific Northwest would not bread a mushroom before it was deep fried, which would be about as tasty as a Hallucinogenic Mushroom

yungmufan20

• Scholarship Player
  • The Three Amigos
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 09:54:40 AM »
Wow a post can get way off topic LOL :D ;D

feedback