[Today at 09:08:51 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BJ Young, Rivals #33 - Marquette in Top 5  (Read 40639 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Young commits to Arkansas
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2010, 12:49:17 PM »
Actually, you proved my point for me, thank you.   Too many people here DON'T use context which is why they make absurd proclamations....for example your latest ridiculous post on Indiana and Crean's record...where was the "context" there?   Tit caught in a ringer Lenny?  I love when you try to have it both ways, it's so cute.

LOL

You use facts (numbers) to prove a point. A closer examination of those facts not only demonstrates a flaw in your conclusion but suggests the exact OPPOSITE of your conclusion. So you being dead wrong somehow proves your point?

Pretzel Logic 101. LOLindeed.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: BJ Young, Rivals #33 - Marquette in Top 5
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2010, 01:41:35 PM »
I wasn't dead wrong.  I was showing an example of the twisted logic people use here all the time, something you've done in your own example just in the last few days.  Oh the irony.

Some people, like yourself, just look at the record and crap on certain programs and coaches with no context at all.  (care to take a step back in the memory machine say, oh, 3 days ago)

Yet, when the Gospel fills you, you decide context is a wonderful thing to use in the same situation with a different coach and school.

LOL, indeed.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »
I wasn't dead wrong.  I was showing an example of the twisted logic people use here all the time, something you've done in your own example just in the last few days.  Oh the irony.

Some people, like yourself, just look at the record and crap on certain programs and coaches with no context at all.  (care to take a step back in the memory machine say, oh, 3 days ago)

Yet, when the Gospel fills you, you decide context is a wonderful thing to use in the same situation with a different coach and school.

LOL, indeed.

You argued that McGuire's performance in his first two years would have MU fans calling for his head. Dead Wrong. He was viewed as a Savior. You argued that no conclusions could be drawn based on those two years. Dead wrong. Anyone and everyone paying attention knew he would be a star. Dead, Dead Wrong, as you assumed the opposite.

Now, instead of making cryptic references to some post of mine why don't you print it and explain how I took something out of context or used poor logic. I won't hold my breath.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2010, 03:03:53 PM »
You argued that McGuire's performance in his first two years would have MU fans calling for his head. Dead Wrong. He was viewed as a Savior. You argued that no conclusions could be drawn based on those two years. Dead wrong. Anyone and everyone paying attention knew he would be a star. Dead, Dead Wrong, as you assumed the opposite.

Now, instead of making cryptic references to some post of mine why don't you print it and explain how I took something out of context or used poor logic. I won't hold my breath.

I knew after Crean's 3rd and 4th seasons that he was destined for stardom... errr... wait. Maybe not.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2010, 03:35:32 PM »
I knew after Crean's 3rd and 4th seasons that he was destined for stardom... errr... wait. Maybe not.

Al after two years was a lock. After four years TC was giving off what turned out to be false positives. With the real ones you can tell much more quickly. Thanks for helping me prove my point.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2010, 03:45:11 PM »

Jesus H. Christ....I get that you're a stock broker and words don't mean much, but try again.  Context, remember...context.  We all get that he was considered a savior back then.  THAT WAS NOT WHAT I SAID THOUGH, WAS IT?  I said the way "people HERE talk" (as in TODAY's POSTERS...TODAY, not 1968 MU Scoop posters, TODAY's posters) would say something different because they don't use context.  They just look at the record.  Just like YOU DID, when talking about a certain other coach the other day and his program....oh the irony.

DO YOU GET IT NOW?  Are you capable of using CONTEXT?  

Here's just ONE example of late, with NO CONTEXT...which is ironic as hell.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=21364.msg230351#msg230351

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:04:11 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »
What does the H. stand for. Can't we all just get along and be friends?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:18:54 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2010, 04:08:47 PM »
Harold.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2010, 05:24:02 PM »
Jesus H. Christ....I get that your a stock broker and words don't mean much, but try again.  Context, remember...context.  We all get that he was considered a savior back then.  THAT WAS NOT WHAT I SAID THOUGH, WAS IT?  I said the way "people HERE talk" (as in TODAY's POSTERS...TODAY, not 1968 MU Scoop posters, TODAY's posters) would say something different because they don't use context.  They just look at the record.  Just like YOU DID, when talking about a certain other coach the other day and his program....oh the irony.
Again, you seem to not understand the realm of context.  You directed us to the above thread and Lenny's wrote the following:  16-46 overall, 5-31 in conference, 0-2 in big 10 post season play. That's no success any way you slice it. They did lead the nation in % of victories that resulted in storming the court, though most would consider that another negative.

This was in response to the a poster who wrote about TC's IU team: And the team has experienced limited success during Crean's tenure so far.  Now as far as contexgt from your perspective - I'm sure you would try to argue what TC walked into at Indiana..thus justifying the horrendous start thus far.  I get that..but Lenny's was simply commenting on the person who wrote "limited success thus far," and truthfully..in sports..success is measured in wins and losses...period.  The context you speak of..really is primarily just excuse making to try to justify the poor performance, thus far of TC at IU.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2010, 08:09:20 PM »
Al after two years was a lock. After four years TC was giving off what turned out to be false positives. With the real ones you can tell much more quickly. Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I think you have to see a coach get his own players, recruit a few classes, and see how the graduation rate is going.

If after year 4 a coach sucks, and the incoming recruits don't look good, I think the writing is on the wall.

If after year 1, the team is great and the recruiting looks good, I'm excited, but not entirely sold.

Back to your regularly scheduled debates.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2010, 09:14:05 PM »
Jesus H. Christ....I get that your a stock broker and words don't mean much, but try again.  Context, remember...context.  We all get that he was considered a savior back then.  THAT WAS NOT WHAT I SAID THOUGH, WAS IT?  I said the way "people HERE talk" (as in TODAY's POSTERS...TODAY, not 1968 MU Scoop posters, TODAY's posters) would say something different because they don't use context.  They just look at the record.  Just like YOU DID, when talking about a certain other coach the other day and his program....oh the irony.

Swearing, YELLING and personal insults are the refuge of a man without an argument. The fact is that no MU fans past or present would have ripped McGuire after his first two years and any suggestion that they would have is as false as it is insulting. Saying that Al's first two years prove that one must wait 4-5 years to determine a coach's ability is an example of a wrong conclusion drawn from a wrong assumption. The posters you denigate here would have (as I did) seen Al as a superstar in the making after year two. You would have been so far, so good tepid. Anybody can buy Google at 500.

As for me taking anything out of context - huh? The writer YOU linked provided the context - that Crean had inherited a mess and had achieved limited success. I never argued the "context" (the mess) but disagreed that he had achieved some level of success. I stand by that opinion and it is in no way out of context.

Finally, I know you fancy yourself as the board's investigative reporter (and you're pretty good at it) but I am not and have never been a stockbroker. I'm also willing to bet that despite the way you denigrate my English knowledge  and comprehension that my background and ability in both is at least equal to yours.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:23:25 PM by Lennys Tap »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2010, 10:07:44 PM »
Again, you seem to not understand the realm of context.  You directed us to the above thread and Lenny's wrote the following:  16-46 overall, 5-31 in conference, 0-2 in big 10 post season play. That's no success any way you slice it. They did lead the nation in % of victories that resulted in storming the court, though most would consider that another negative.

This was in response to the a poster who wrote about TC's IU team: And the team has experienced limited success during Crean's tenure so far.  Now as far as contexgt from your perspective - I'm sure you would try to argue what TC walked into at Indiana..thus justifying the horrendous start thus far.  I get that..but Lenny's was simply commenting on the person who wrote "limited success thus far," and truthfully..in sports..success is measured in wins and losses...period.  The context you speak of..really is primarily just excuse making to try to justify the poor performance, thus far of TC at IU.

You obviously didn't use context in analyzing their record, which was the entire point.  In isolation, I'd agree.  Considering what they had to deal with, to say no success at all is wrong.  Just as too many posters here fall in love to early with some and level nothing but hatred toward others....all without context.  Again, the irony.

Lenny...my apologies...I had my pal Robert (Canadian Dimes) on the mind when I said stockbroker.   And sorry, I'll disagree with you.  No context at all was given by you in your comments, in my opinion.  But as I stated, that was only the most recent example and we can play this game continually if you wish.  Just to be clear, there are plenty of morons on this board that would look at a coach's record like McGuire had in the first two years and would state he wasn't successful.  And you know it.  That doesn't make them right, in fact it makes them incredibly wrong...which is why they are morons.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:11:34 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »
I can't believe BJ Young (which is the original topic after all) will miss out on all this fun.