[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BJ Young, Rivals #33 - Marquette in Top 5  (Read 40666 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: BJ Young, Rivals #33 - Marquette in Top 5
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »
  Not disagreeing with you, but, what is in his past that makes you feel that he is a poor fit for MU?  Just looking for info.  Thanks.
Sarcasm...I prefer to not use teal.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »
Sarcasm...I prefer to not use teal.

I understand people don't like to use teal, but someone that isn't aware of all the inside jokes and obscure references on this board could seriously mis-interpret your first comment.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
I understand people don't like to use teal, but someone that isn't aware of all the inside jokes and obscure references on this board could seriously mis-interpret your first comment.
That's true....still not going to use teal.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
How could IU and Tom Crean considering taking such a risk and signing an academic risk?? 

With Glass and McRobbie taking off the handcuffs slowly, then they will be able to go after a more riskier type of player.   First few years, not allowed as I already stated awhile back.  As they get further and further away from the Sampson era, they will be allowed to take more chances on recruits, including academically risky ones.  Don't be surprised if Crean wins this kid.

What's wrong with going after an academically risky player?  Marquette has been doing it for decades. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 10:11:16 PM »
Chicos, do you even enjoy MU basketball anymore?  Something that causes me as much angst as you are showing just wouldn't be worth it anymore.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 01:07:04 AM »
Chicos, do you even enjoy MU basketball anymore?  Something that causes me as much angst as you are showing just wouldn't be worth it anymore.
This post and my earlier post on BJ, were blended to answer your question about Chicos:
In the words of Good Morning Vietnam's Adrian Cronauer:

" You know, Sir...you're in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.~"
 Adrian Cronauer

lol

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 07:12:29 AM »
I agree with this 100%.

And deep down, Chico's, you know you do too.

I know you are fearful of MU turning into some sort of JUCO basketball factory... but let's just put a qualifier on this whole argument and be done with it:

Buzz Williams needs to recruit great basketball players who are good people. They don't have to be perfect athletically or academically, but they have to be good representatives of MU from the moment they sign up.

It doesn't matter where they come from, if they can be great at basketball, good students and good people, they are a fine addition to MU and we are proud to have them.

That's it. It's not more complicated than that. Everybody needs to get out of the minutia and look at the big picture.

JUCO. Venezuela. Senegal. Israel. Chicago. Wauwatosa. Does. Not. Matter. At. All.

I will gladly discriminate against basketball players from 'Tosa.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 07:30:48 AM »
I will gladly discriminate against basketball players from 'Tosa.

Psh, don't hate on Tosa.  There are quite a few exceptionally good-looking, intelligent, talented and internat-savvy young men coming out of that town and having successful careers after graduating from MU ;)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 07:45:59 AM »
Psh, don't hate on Tosa.  There are quite a few exceptionally good-looking, intelligent, talented and internat-savvy young men coming out of that town and having successful careers after graduating from MU ;)

Know anyone from your 'hood that you would want repping MU on the basketball court?  I think not. 

Stick to soccer, hippies.   :P

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 08:01:44 AM »

With Glass and McRobbie taking off the handcuffs slowly, then they will be able to go after a more riskier type of player.   First few years, not allowed as I already stated awhile back.  As they get further and further away from the Sampson era, they will be allowed to take more chances on recruits, including academically risky ones.  Don't be surprised if Crean wins this kid.

What's wrong with going after an academically risky player?  Marquette has been doing it for decades. 

Always glass half full for indiana, half empty for MU. You are so entertaining, but quickly losing some credibility. Thanks for keeping me interested during the slow summer period.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 08:59:34 AM »
Know anyone from your 'hood that you would want repping MU on the basketball court?  I think not. 

We could use Scott Merritt for another couple years :P

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 09:38:28 AM »

Tony smith turned out ok. Aren't the field fairies more entrenched in Brookfield and Elm Grove?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »

Of course I do.  Isn't that the point, that which you love most is also what concerns you most?  What you care about most is often what causes angst, concerns, etc?   I'd like MU to do it the right way and aspire to be the best in the process, that's the ENTIRE POINT. 

I think Buzz is a really good guy, a good person.  He's proving to be a good coach also.  There are a few decisions in the "upward trajectory" that are concerning to me and others, that is very true.  Doesn't mean I would abandon the institution of MU basketball.

The US gov't causes me and millions angst every day....should of all us just give up on the country because it wouldn't be worth it anymore?  Should we all just shut up, bend over and take it?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 09:41:57 AM »
Always glass half full for indiana, half empty for MU. You are so entertaining, but quickly losing some credibility. Thanks for keeping me interested during the slow summer period.

Oh please.  ALWAYS or NEVER, those types of words are from people that don't take the time to read and make blanket comments.  I say plenty of positive things about MU, Buzz, etc all the time, thus killing your "always" nonsense right there.  Just as I have blasted TC time and again for being a douche, an a-hole, etc...you just choose to read what you read.  Pure laziness on your part, that's all it is.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »
Oh please.  ALWAYS or NEVER, those types of words are from people that don't take the time to read and make blanket comments.  I say plenty of positive things about MU, Buzz, etc all the time, thus killing your "always" nonsense right there.  Just as I have blasted TC time and again for being a douche, an a-hole, etc...you just choose to read what you read.  Pure laziness on your part, that's all it is.

Ok hows this:  Usually half full for Indiana and usually half empty for MU. Sorry those two words upset you so much, and by the way ussually your good things about Buzz are followed by qualifiers.

As far as the laziness part, how the hell do you know wether I am lazy. Are you over my shoulder watching me read every post. Maybe after my 7,800th post I will be as knowledgeable as you until then spare me the arrogance. I read the posts that interest me when i have time. I  enjoy most of yours even if I disagree.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
Tony smith turned out ok. Aren't the field fairies more entrenched in Brookfield and Elm Grove?

"Hippies?"  "Field fairies?" Lots of soccer hate, no?  Why?  Ever try playing the game?
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
"Hippies?"  "Field fairies?" Lots of soccer hate, no?  Why?  Ever try playing the game?

Just kidding, no hate. I will never get it and never play it or even watch it, (except for my 5 year olds team) I am fine with people who do like it, play it and watch it. Just not for me for whatever reason.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 11:48:20 AM »
Ok hows this:  Usually half full for Indiana and usually half empty for MU. Sorry those two words upset you so much, and by the way ussually your good things about Buzz are followed by qualifiers.

As far as the laziness part, how the hell do you know wether I am lazy. Are you over my shoulder watching me read every post. Maybe after my 7,800th post I will be as knowledgeable as you until then spare me the arrogance. I read the posts that interest me when i have time. I  enjoy most of yours even if I disagree.

I say lazy in terms of general commentary, not personally saying you are lazy, only that your comments were lazy.  My point is when people say "you always" or "you never", those are lazy statements that don't come close to being accurate.  They are nothing but generalities.

Peace

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 12:00:58 PM »
I say lazy in terms of general commentary, not personally saying you are lazy, only that your comments were lazy.  My point is when people say "you always" or "you never", those are lazy statements that don't come close to being accurate.  They are nothing but generalities.

Peace

Those who are losing arguements like to refer to semantics, it's a tried and true practice.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 12:03:37 PM »
Those who are losing arguements like to refer to semantics, it's a tried and true practice.

So are using terms like "lil man", etc....a sure sign that there is no substance behind your arguement (sic).

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »
How about some on topic discussion?

NBE reported that BJ Young was a standout so far this week in Orlando, could drive at will and seemed to pass better and more often than some reports let on.

Is the 2011 class too early to be recruiting Junoir's replacement?  It would seem frm Buzz's interest that MU sees Blue as 2.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2010, 12:32:22 PM »
How about some on topic discussion?

NBE reported that BJ Young was a standout so far this week in Orlando, could drive at will and seemed to pass better and more often than some reports let on.

Is the 2011 class too early to be recruiting Junoir's replacement?  It would seem frm Buzz's interest that MU sees Blue as 2.

Buzz has said that ideally he'd like to recruit a point guard in every class - so not sure that his involvement/interest in a point reflect he sees Blue as a 2.  Just had breakfast with a fellow MU alum that is a native of Indiana - and he said IU feels good about their chances to land BJ Young - FWIW. 

All I know is like everyone else...I'm looking forward to hearing about our next commit..we could use some new topic/news here.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »
Two comments. Last year we had a good chance at signing Coleman, a top 40 player who had questionable grades. We apparently backed off and he signed with Louisville. That was a very bad result.

Do we need another point guard. Definitely, Cadougan already had an achillies heal injury. He could never get hurt again or he could be done tomorrow.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »
Bad result for who?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2010, 01:00:00 PM »
So are using terms like "lil man", etc....a sure sign that there is no substance behind your arguement (sic).

Yep, I called you little man and then proceeded to make my point.  My whole post wasn't only about semantics, something people resort to when they no longer can make compelling points.  I also don't feel the need to point out other people's typos, as I'm pretty sure most of the people here graduated from MU and know how to spell basic words. Of course, you ripped on a player's intellectual ability because he mixed up a couple words, something none of us have ever, ever done.

Back to the topic...BJ Young looks like a very nice prospect based on the recruiting rankings.  Maybe I missed it, but does anybody know if he is more of a pure point like Cadougan or a scoring point like Reggie Smith?

feedback