Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I'm a Bulls Fan but....  (Read 17752 times)

muhoosier260

• All American
Re: I'm a Bulls Fan but....
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 11:30:54 PM »
the bulls were soooo confident they'd end up with wade, bosh, james, or a combination of all three. i think its great they didn't get any

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 12:12:14 AM »
the bulls were soooo confident they'd end up with wade, bosh, james, or a combination of all three. i think its great they didn't get any

As a Bulls fan, I really never thought any of them would come and I am pretty happy with this free agency.  I thought Wade would be a tough fit and above all, he wanted to stay at Miami.  Bosh was going to follow someone so he was out of the picture.  And Lebron felt like a long shot.  As the drama continued, I definitely felt that LBJ was a possibility because it made so much sense from a money (max contract, third largest market, etc) standpoint and basketball (all the pieces are there).  I like the Bulls position.  We have a solid team right now AND the bulls have 18 mil to play with.  I hope the get Morrow or Korver to spread the floor. 

Once I see some of the Miami pieces fall into place like a Mike Miller, Andre Miller, and maybe some others, I might start to think they are contenders.  Maybe the three of them can really change the way the game is played from a team perspective.  I agree with one talking head that said LBJ and Wade can not be the same players they were when they were the lone stars.

Lastly, if Heat hit some bumps, its gonna get interesting.  This is still a team sport.  There is one leader.  One guy pounding the war drum and getting in other player's faces and no one gets in theirs.  I'll definitely watch and cheer against the Heat and hope for the implosion. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 06:38:21 AM »
I'm a Bulls fan but I'm also a Dwyane Wade fan and want to see him do well. 

Lebron to the Heat worries me as I don't think a team with 3 all-stars and 9 pieces of crap can win a title.  I would have rather the Heat used the money for Lebron to fill out their roster.

On the plus side Dwyane will always have more titles than Lebron. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 07:35:14 AM »
I'm pumped for Wade, Bosh and Lebron.  I've also been enjoying all of the crybaby Chicago fans.  Cry on!

Beasley was traded. Tonight.

The Miami Heat have found a trade taker for Michael Beasley that will create more salary-cap space for the dramatic transformation of their roster.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Heat have agreed on a trade that will send Beasley to the Minnesota Timberwolves, who can absorb Beasley's contract into their salary-cap space.

Minnesota, according to sources, will complete the trade by sending Miami a second-round pick in 2011. The Wolves and Heat, sources said, have also agreed to swap an unspecified future first-round pick.

I got halfway through this post and started hoping that Beasley was traded to the TWolves for Hayward. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 07:45:34 AM »
I agree with one talking head that said LBJ and Wade can not be the same players they were when they were the lone stars.

I think there is a real possibility that LeBron could develop into a Magic Johnson-like "Point Forward."  I think he has the talent for that role and is very well suited for that.  Ever since I watched him play in HS I've been more impressed by some of his passes than any other aspect of his game.  Not sure how that would fit his ego.

If he were to embrace this role, I could see him getting close to averaging a triple-double for a season.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 08:10:04 AM »
I think there is a real possibility that LeBron could develop into a Magic Johnson-like "Point Forward."  I think he has the talent for that role and is very well suited for that.  Ever since I watched him play in HS I've been more impressed by some of his passes than any other aspect of his game.  Not sure how that would fit his ego.

If he were to embrace this role, I could see him getting close to averaging a triple-double for a season.

Which is probably the only way this setup works.

Also, FREE LAZAR.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 08:15:10 AM »

Miami suits LeBron better than Chicago, NY or Cleveland. It's a much more laid back environment and the pressure to be "the man" in those other cities would have been too much for him. He doesn't have that "leader" mentality like Jordan, Kobe or even Wade. He wants to be loved by his teammates more than anything. He doesn't have the personality to get in someone's face when they aren't pulling their weight. He'd much rather be in position to be 1a/1b as opposed to be the guy who is responsible for bringing home a title. He's always been more of a Magic than a Michael anyway, so I think he could embrace the roll of distributor and consistently put up 20-12-10 lines. He definitely put his ego aside during the Olympics. We'll see if he can do the same during the NBA season.

If nothing else, it should be interesting to watch.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 08:19:41 AM »
You Chicago homers keep trying to act like Noah is going to be a stud (11 and 11 is nice, and I like him..but stop acting like he is everything).

Well, he averaged 13-12 against Bosh last year, so I'm not terribly worried there.

And it's not like the NBA's crawling with guys who average a double-double without having a single play run for them.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 08:20:34 AM »
This Miami team will not be hard to beat in a 7 game series.   The Heat will probably start off 30-3 and then teams will figure it out.  When all three of those guys are in, run the clock down and go at Bosh at the end of the shot clock and try to get fouls on him.  Run Wade off picks the entire time.   Constant motion and hope wear out over 7 games.   theyTake your lumps and try to draw even while both James and Wade are in.

When Wade or James come to the bench, press them and run and gun.  Double team Wade or James when only one is on the floor the second they touch it.  They won't have the players they had on the Cavs/Heat.  Teams can get on big runs when only one of James and Wade is on the floor.  

The Heat signed 2 of the best three players in the NBA, which is crazy.  They did not sign 3 superstars.  I think Bosh is going to be a huge disappointment down there.  They are not going to get good interior defense to make up for what he does not bring.  Search Chris Bosh highlights on youtube and you see finger rolls, jumpers, and blocks on PGs.  He is a big SF and can be exploited by the frontlines of Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, and Orlando.  I am not sure he can hold up against those teams.  Pau will absolutely murder Bosh too.

The good thing for Marquette-  Wade will get tons of credit when they win games, but all the blame will be deflected to James.  Wade looks like a martyr if they don't win titles to James' inabilities.  

As far as Bulls go, they are favorites in the Central now with Cleveland done.  Bucks will be tough.  Bulls could get a matchup with Boston in round 2 if Boston wins that atlantic, which will be a lot of fun.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 08:23:20 AM »
He's always been more of a Magic than a Michael anyway,

You're forgetting about the 42-15-7-3 Magic put up while playing center as a rookie in a clinching game of the NBA Finals.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 08:28:16 AM »
You're forgetting about the 42-15-7-3 Magic put up while playing center as a rookie in a clinching game of the NBA Finals.

I don't know what that one game has to do with anything. I meant that LeBron's skill-set matches more with Magic in terms of being a passer and a big "point" as opposed to being a scorer (and lock-down defender) like Jordan.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 08:41:54 AM »
I don't know what that one game has to do with anything. I meant that LeBron's skill-set matches more with Magic in terms of being a passer and a big "point" as opposed to being a scorer (and lock-down defender) like Jordan.

Oh, I thought by drawing comparisons between Magic, LeBron and MJ, you were implying that Magic didn't have that stone cold killer instinct that MJ did.

And LeBron's more like Dr. J than he is like Magic.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:47 AM »
Oh, I thought by drawing comparisons between Magic, LeBron and MJ, you were implying that Magic didn't have that stone cold killer instinct that MJ did.

And LeBron's more like Dr. J than he is like Magic.

I can see that. Not a bad comparison.

This is a pretty good article on LeBron. It's somewhat similar to what Bill Simmons wrote yesterday.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_rosenberg/07/08/lebron.event/index.html?eref=sihp

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 09:01:08 AM »
Raja Bell, Mike Miller, Zyrdunas Ilgauskas (sp?), Shaq, Jason Kapono, etc....there are plenty. Go to your Bulls forum if you want to piss on this..but reality is Miami>Chicago. You Chicago homers keep trying to act like Noah is going to be a stud (11 and 11 is nice, and I like him..but stop acting like he is everything) and that Rose is a top ten player already (when he isnt even close to being a top 5 pg!).

Please take your sour grapes elsewhere. Here we are Marquette and DWade fans first and this is nothing but awesome for Wade and Marquette.

You're also insane if you think Rose is not a top five PG in the league. Please share with all of us your list of top five point guards. Just as a preemptive response to your list, take into account the big men that players in your top-five list have to go to.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 09:07:49 AM »
You're also insane if you think Rose is not a top five PG in the league. Please share with all of us your list of top five point guards. Just as a preemptive response to your list, take into account the big men that players in your top-five list have to go to.

Nash, Paul, Williams, Rondo, Kidd, Davis, Westbrook, and Harris, based on assist average last year.

Also LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 09:10:05 AM »
 Off the top of my head the top 5 point guards in the league.

Steve Nash
Chris Paul
Rajon Rondo
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose

This can be debated all you want but I can't think of another point guard better than Rose to make it to the top 10. Chauncey Billups...
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »
The thing is Wade has won a championship without Lebron, and he was arguably the man in that one. Shaq wasn't quite the Shaq of LA. So I think people will still recognize Wade. Lebron is the one coming to join Wade, not Wade riding the coattails of Lebron. I don't think Wade will get the press he used to, but I don't think he will be forgotten about.
No argument about it.  Shaq was past his prime by then, though he could still command a double team on the low blocks and rebound and clog the middle, so Wade wasn't winning without him.  But there is no question that Wade was THE MAN on that team.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 09:32:17 AM »
No argument about it.  Shaq was past his prime by then, though he could still command a double team on the low blocks and rebound and clog the middle, so Wade wasn't winning without him.  But there is no question that Wade was THE MAN on that team.

Wade basically has nothing to lose with Bosh and LBJ joining him. Wade has already proven that he can carry a team to a championship. If the Heat don't win another one, the blame will primarily be placed on LeBron and, to a much, much lesser extent, Bosh (unless Wade goes completely in the tank).

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »

True, I probably didn't word that the best. What I meant was some people may have thought at the time or do now that "oh he had Shaq" and think they were more of a 1-2 punch than they really were in that Finals. However, Shaq was not all that close to the Shaq that was in LA. Still a good center that needed attention, but not a dominating force.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 09:45:54 AM »
Jilted Bulls fans are making my head hurt.

YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM!  GET OVER IT!

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2010, 09:46:20 AM »
True, I probably didn't word that the best. What I meant was some people may have thought at the time or do now that "oh he had Shaq" and think they were more of a 1-2 punch than they really were in that Finals. However, Shaq was not all that close to the Shaq that was in LA. Still a good center that needed attention, but not a dominating force.

So how do you explain the 15 win season in 07-08?

Miami hasnt done anything since Shaq left.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »
So how do you explain the 15 win season in 07-08?

Miami hasnt done anything since Shaq left.

Wade only played 51 games that season. Shaq played 33, Haslem played 49...and Chris Quinn started 25 games and Ricky Davis played all 82. That's a recipe for a 15-win season.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »
Nash, Paul, Williams, Rondo, Kidd, Davis, Westbrook, and Harris, based on assist average last year.

Also LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Really? Give me a break. Are you really just basing point guard play on assists? You do realize that Rose leads them all in point average and did not have a dependable big man to pass to down low or a sharp shooter to kick it out to, yet he still managed six assists a game. And please tell me you're joking when you say that you'd rather have Harris, Westbrook, Davis, Kidd, or even Rondo over Rose. That's ridiculous. The top four, in no particular order, are Williams, Paul, Rose, and Rondo.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:17 AM »
Jilted Bulls fans are making my head hurt.

YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD TEAM!  GET OVER IT!

Who are you talking about? 
We aren't allowed to think that Rose is good or that it will be hard to build a team with no money?  There are non-bulls fans who agree with that.

I keep reading posts like this but they never address who is crying.  I think some posters from wisconsin think bulls fans are outraged and are coming on the board and saying that they are without basing it on anything.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
Who are you talking about? 
We aren't allowed to think that Rose is good or that it will be hard to build a team with no money?  There are non-bulls fans who agree with that.

I keep reading posts like this but they never address who is crying.  I think some posters from wisconsin think bulls fans are outraged and are coming on the board and saying that they are without basing it on anything.

+1