'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I'm a Bulls Fan but....  (Read 17833 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: I'm a Bulls Fan but....
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »
I was pointing out that Chicago fans have gotten soo amazingly high on Rose they forget there are a lot of very good young point guards out there and he has yet to separate himself enough.

In fairness to us Chicago fans, why wouldn't we be soo amazingly high on a 21-year-old all-star point guard who ....

- led his position in scoring last year
- appears to be farther along in his game than most of these other guys you mention were at this stage of their careers
- has twice proven he can raise his game in the playoffs
- is a hometown kid made good
- carries himself about as well as a high profile athlete his age can

I mean, if that's not the kind of young player a basketball fan can be excited about, why bother?

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »
but if I could pick a point guard right now for one season, Nash would be behind Williams, Paul, Rose, and Rondo.

Rondo was fun to watch this postseason.  He does lack one critical thing that a PG needs though: free throw shooting.  Phil Jackson, in one of his Zen mind games, said when the microphone was on that Boston just gives away games in the fourth quarter.  Part of the reason they do not close out games is because their PG cannot shoot free throws.  Big weakness.

Rondo brings to the NBA what Dominic James brought to the Big East.  It is very good, but I'd put some others ahead of Rondo.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »
Rondo was fun to watch this postseason.  He does lack one critical thing that a PG needs though: free throw shooting.  Phil Jackson, in one of his Zen mind games, said when the microphone was on that Boston just gives away games in the fourth quarter.  Part of the reason they do not close out games is because their PG cannot shoot free throws.  Big weakness.

And because of that flaw, he becomes less aggressive because he doesn't want to miss throws and cost them games.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

feedback