Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I'm a Bulls Fan but....  (Read 17753 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
I'm a Bulls Fan but....
« on: July 08, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »
Glad LeBron is teaming up with my boy D. Wade to be part of the greatest show on earth down in Miami. 

People who say they won't be in the finals or win it next year are high.....those three guys surrounded by solid role players will be impossible to beat in a 7 game series as long as the big 3 stay healthy. 

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: I'm a Bulls Fan but....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
Glad LeBron is teaming up with my boy D. Wade to be part of the greatest show on earth down in Miami. 

People who say they won't be in the finals or win it next year are high.....those three guys surrounded by solid role players will be impossible to beat in a 7 game series as long as the big 3 stay healthy. 

And those role players you speak of are...?
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »

People who say they won't be in the finals or win it next year are high.

Which is it?  Finals or winning it all?  I want to know if I am high or not.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »

Dexter Pittman, Jarvis Varnado, Da'Sean Butler, Michael Beasley, and Mario Chalmers.

Woof.

Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:54:18 PM »
Dexter Pittman, Jarvis Varnado, Da'Sean Butler, Michael Beasley, and Mario Chalmers.

Woof.

HA... I love it.  I can not recall another time when three rookies drafted outside the top 10 have been considered impact players.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 08:56:15 PM »
Winning it all!  

Please tell me how I'm wrong or how they'll only have 3 people on their roster and play 3 on 5 as Riley won't be able to fill out the rest of the roster or any other silly responses.....I'll accept your apology next June.

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »
HA... I love it.  I can not recall another time when three rookies drafted outside the top 10 have been considered impact players.

No one said "impact players" they said solid role players....they don't need anymore impact players but if they all take a little less money they can grab a B. Haywood at center, keep Mario Chalmers, get a sharp shooter like a Steve Novak to punish teams for all the open looks the other three will create and the solid base of 2nd rounders (which includes a senior off the final 4 WVU team) and they still win going away.  Finally dump Michael Beasley and that is an addition by subtraction.  

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
Those three can make a lot of minimum salary guys look good on O.   Just find some stiffs who can rebound and defend.  

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 09:01:45 PM »

No apologies, just wanted to clarify...just fixed it for you.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 09:02:23 PM »
Winning it all!  

Please tell me how I'm wrong or how they'll only have 3 people on their roster and play 3 on 5 as Riley won't be able to fill out the rest of the roster or any other silly responses.....I'll accept your apology next June.

They are going to fill the roster with rookies or old people who want to win a championship before they retire.  Those are the only people who play for min contracts.  Role players don't have shoe deals or gatorade contracts.  They need to make as much money as possible.  They aren't going to take a pay cut to play in Miami.  

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 09:03:22 PM »
No one said "impact players" they said solid role players....they don't need anymore impact players but if they all take a little less money they can grab a B. Haywood at center, keep Mario Chalmers, get a sharp shooter like a Steve Novak to punish teams for all the open looks the other three will create and the solid base of 2nd rounders (which includes a senior off the final 4 WVU team) and they still win going away.  Finally dump Michael Beasley and that is an addition by subtraction.  

Haywood resigned with Dallas.. fyi

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 09:03:39 PM »

Beasley (for sure) & Chalmers will be traded within two weeks to clear cap room.  How about Luke Ridnour to Miami?  They need a shooter.  Steve Novak to Miami?  Travis Diener....?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 09:08:08 PM »

Raja Bell, Mike Miller, Zyrdunas Ilgauskas (sp?), Shaq, Jason Kapono, etc....there are plenty. Go to your Bulls forum if you want to piss on this..but reality is Miami>Chicago. You Chicago homers keep trying to act like Noah is going to be a stud (11 and 11 is nice, and I like him..but stop acting like he is everything) and that Rose is a top ten player already (when he isnt even close to being a top 5 pg!).

Please take your sour grapes elsewhere. Here we are Marquette and DWade fans first and this is nothing but awesome for Wade and Marquette.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »

Allen Iverson

reinko

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »
That would be epic Knight.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
Beasley (for sure) & Chalmers will be traded within two weeks to clear cap room.  How about Luke Ridnour to Miami?  They need a shooter.  Steve Novak to Miami?  Travis Diener....?

Chalmers aint going to be traded, they need a pg that can shoot decently and he is soooo cheap. For cheap, Jason Kapono is probably a better fit than Novak, but you never know. They have an offer out to Miller, and none of use know about the money! They will also be able to resign Joel Anthony and Haslem I believe because of the soft cap.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 09:18:24 PM »
Raja Bell, Mike Miller, Zyrdunas Ilgauskas (sp?), Shaq, Jason Kapono, etc....there are plenty. Go to your Bulls forum if you want to piss on this..but reality is Miami>Chicago. You Chicago homers keep trying to act like Noah is going to be a stud (11 and 11 is nice, and I like him..but stop acting like he is everything) and that Rose is a top ten player already (when he isnt even close to being a top 5 pg!).

Please take your sour grapes elsewhere. Here we are Marquette and DWade fans first and this is nothing but awesome for Wade and Marquette.

How is this awesome for Marquette... oh well.  This is funny.  Nothing will be determined for 9 months.  One this is for sure.  They are the most polarizing team in the NBA now.  I actually might cheer for Kobe.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 09:25:58 PM »
Does anyone else feel that they've been cheering for Dwyane and the heat these last 7 years and now just can't picture doing so? For all the doubters of D wade not being able to win titles (or as many as LBJ), D wade proved them wrong. Win however many titles, LBJ will be the major spotlight.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 09:29:11 PM »
Wade becomes Scottie Pippen in this scenario....I wouldn't like it, then again he's guaranteed to accomplish a lot in his career from here on out.

All three of these guys are in their prime too.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 09:35:07 PM »
The thing is Wade has won a championship without Lebron, and he was arguably the man in that one. Shaq wasn't quite the Shaq of LA. So I think people will still recognize Wade. Lebron is the one coming to join Wade, not Wade riding the coattails of Lebron. I don't think Wade will get the press he used to, but I don't think he will be forgotten about.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 09:37:54 PM »
1. No Bulls fan is happy to night, poser.

2. Hope those guys like playing 44 minutes a night.

3. LeBron should have gone to Oz. No brain, no heart, no courage.

I hate to steal from Bill Simmons (mostly because Simmons has been mostly unreadable for a couple years now), but as he said, if LeBron wanted to be loyal, he'd choose Cleveland. If he wanted to win, he'd choose Chicago. If he wanted a shot at immortality, he'd choose New York. Instead, he chose "Help!"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:41:12 PM by Pakuni »

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 09:39:21 PM »
Hate it.  Not a big Lebron fan at all.  Would have much rather seen Labron and Wade battle each other.  Labron has always seemed childish to me in his actions and need for attention.  This move goes against that thought, so hopefully I'm wrong about him.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:57 PM »

you're insane if you think any of those guys would sign for the minimum.  there is probably going to be a lockout next year...you think these guys want to walk into that making the minimum with no guaranteed money?  Raja Bell, maybe.  Sure, they can resign Joel Anthony and Haslem because they are their own free agents.  The Heat will be damn good, but they're not even the best team in the east right now.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 10:26:08 PM »
Chalmers aint going to be traded, they need a pg that can shoot decently and he is soooo cheap. For cheap, Jason Kapono is probably a better fit than Novak, but you never know. They have an offer out to Miller, and none of use know about the money! They will also be able to resign Joel Anthony and Haslem I believe because of the soft cap.

That's why I said only Beasley (for sure) will be traded.  There's talk of getting Andre Miller @ PG.  Lot's of possibilities.  It depends on who will play in Miami for less.

I can't imagine rooting against DWade!  LBJ said it himself that DWade sacrificed the most in this scenario.  DWade will always have one more ring than LBJ!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 11:22:57 PM »
Beasley was traded. Tonight.

The Miami Heat have found a trade taker for Michael Beasley that will create more salary-cap space for the dramatic transformation of their roster.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Heat have agreed on a trade that will send Beasley to the Minnesota Timberwolves, who can absorb Beasley's contract into their salary-cap space.

Minnesota, according to sources, will complete the trade by sending Miami a second-round pick in 2011. The Wolves and Heat, sources said, have also agreed to swap an unspecified future first-round pick.
SS Marquette

feedback