Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Lakers Going After Hurley by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:19:28 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by SaveOD238
[Today at 05:52:02 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by GoFastAndWin
[June 09, 2024, 10:48:53 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kevin Noreen  (Read 25900 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Kevin Noreen
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »
We agree completely...

Signed
Reggie Miller
Stephen Curry
Kevin Durant

Damm, I hope you're not implying that he's a one and done.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »
I have a VERY bad feeling that Duke might come sniffing around.  They still have a scholarship that they are looking to use on Michael Haynes, if he qualifies.  Haynes is a 6'6" 225 power forward.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:35:46 PM by LittleMurs »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2010, 07:10:01 PM »
...I really hope that we are telling gardner and cothron to wait because buzz believes noreen is the last peice to our 2010/2011 season...

I really hope you aren't serious about preferring this kid over Cothron...if Cothron were ready to commit, that's who we should take - or Dieng.  I'd probably rate it in order of preference:

Dieng
Cothron
Gardner
Noreen
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

marquette99

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 07:25:27 PM »
Most important stat I see is that even if you count only his games against 4a and 3a schools, he would still easily lead the state in scoring with over 28 a game.obviously that isn't like leading illinois or new york in scoring, but if we can get the guy who is easily the top scorer in the state and he is 6-10 I don't see how we pass.  We've had one year in the past decade with a bona fide big man and we went final 4.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
I really hope you aren't serious about preferring this kid over Cothron...if Cothron were ready to commit, that's who we should take - or Dieng.  I'd probably rate it in order of preference:

Dieng
Cothron
Gardner
Noreen

As usual, I pretty much agree with you Ners, except I'd take Noreen over Gardner because I prefer Noreen's kind of weight issue, needs to put some on, to Gardener's kind of weight issue, needs to drop 30 + pounds.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
I'm with Ners and Little Murs. The one piece we're missing is an athletic big. Noreen's a stick, who may not even weigh 200 lbs. and is reportedly not very athletic. He's not what we need.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »
I have a VERY bad feeling that Duke might come sniffing around.  They still have a scholarship that they are looking to use on Michael Haynes, if he qualifies.  Haynes is a 6'6" 225 power forward.

Haynes committed to UTEP a couple of days ago.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »
joe fulce's twitter:  "just saw tha new recruit at open gym.  He's a big boy"

Noreen?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Boone

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »
 Dieng, probably

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2010, 08:02:09 PM »
oh yea, forgot about him.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

chapman

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 08:03:51 PM »
joe fulce's twitter:  "just saw tha new recruit at open gym.  He's a big boy"

Noreen?

Dieng, probably

Whoever it ends up being, it sure seems like a new member to the 2010 class is coming very soon.

State Street Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 08:23:55 PM »
Well the fact "he's a big boy" does Dieng really fit that? isn't he 6'10 210lbs?  I mean that is taller than Joe but is it that much bigger that he would say that?  That would sound like it would be Gardner based on size since cothron is also about 210-220 right?

Boone

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
Gardner visited us already...for the ND game.

mstang917

• Walk-On
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2010, 10:10:03 PM »
Just talked to a student who was at the Fan Fanatic picnic yesterday and he said the only team member not there was Erik Williams. Usually it's an event to introduce next year's team. Not to read too much into it, but this could be the mystery scholarship. Oh, and Mbao was there yesterday.

I was at the picnic too, E Will and Yous were both there.  The only guys I didn't see were Zar and Mo.

State Street Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2010, 10:55:29 PM »
Gardner visited us already...for the ND game.

As far as Gardner being on campus I meant was he around working out similar to what Vander was doing a few weeks ago. (I do realize this is unlikely, but curious if he had Friday off and came up for some reason).

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2010, 11:43:35 PM »
I was at the picnic too, E Will and Yous were both there.  The only guys I didn't see were Zar and Mo.

Lazar was there. He was wearing a Yankees hat and USA Bball jacket. I saw him around a bunch of players on the team. Also I can second that EWill was there.

I think someone said Dieng was here today and if Fulce tweeted that I assume he was talking about him. Plus it seems like Dieng is more an inside/banger type of guy compared to Noreen, so it makes sense to me that Fulce would call him a big boy as I took his tweet to mean more of a load inside. Probably reading too much into it, but if we do need another scholarship filled Dieng excites me. Although it seems like there are a lot of good options out there. Noreen seems like an intriguing prospect.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2010, 06:26:36 AM »
Today's Boston Globe says Noreen is "considering" staying at BC.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2010, 09:32:38 AM »
Here's how we get this guy on the team without using an athletic scholarship.  We get him on campus during the summer.  He's a 4.0 grade guy with a 36 ACT, right?  So, we have him test out of all four years of his courses during the summer.  Then we hire him as a professor, and give him a light teaching load.  I bet Professors can play on a school's athletic teams if they haven't used their eligibility, so we'd be set.  And the guy would be getting paid to boot.  Maybe we can still get Wisconsin's Mr. Basketball for this year as well before he heads out to Princeton.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2010, 09:59:09 AM »
 An athletic scholarship covers everything. If Noreen accepts less than an athletic scholarship than we should check out if he was the one who actually took the ACT.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2010, 10:02:35 AM »
Faking an ACT is doable, but faking every class for four years to get a 4.0 high school GPA? There's no reason any school would fake every class a kid takes. Pretty sure he's legitimately smart.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2010, 12:00:44 PM »
Faking an ACT is doable, but faking every class for four years to get a 4.0 high school GPA? There's no reason any school would fake every class a kid takes. Pretty sure he's legitimately smart.

not if he takes the deal littlemurs suggested...  which i'm sure was tongue in cheek.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »
Lazar was there. He was wearing a Yankees hat and USA Bball jacket. I saw him around a bunch of players on the team. Also I can second that EWill was there.

I think someone said Dieng was here today and if Fulce tweeted that I assume he was talking about him. Plus it seems like Dieng is more an inside/banger type of guy compared to Noreen, so it makes sense to me that Fulce would call him a big boy as I took his tweet to mean more of a load inside. Probably reading too much into it, but if we do need another scholarship filled Dieng excites me. Although it seems like there are a lot of good options out there. Noreen seems like an intriguing prospect.
[/b]

It had to be Dieng. Noreen isn't coming until today.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »
As usual, I pretty much agree with you Ners, except I'd take Noreen over Gardner because I prefer Noreen's kind of weight issue, needs to put some on, to Gardener's kind of weight issue, needs to drop 30 + pounds.
Good point about the weight issues of Noreen and Gardner...usually easier to bulk a player up, than to keep a big bodied kid in shape - but with MU's training staff, both would do well/be in good hands to get them to their competitve best.

It's pretty great that we can have prospects like Dieng, Cothron, Noreen and Gardner considering MU at this point..on top of the class Buzz has already signed.  Buzz is assembling the deepest and most talented team MU has seen in a long time - could take Kevin O'Neill's 94 team, and prior to that some of Al's teams - though as I understand Al pretty much went 7-8 blue chips and not much beyond that.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »

Faking a qualifying ACT score is doable.  Faking a perfect ACT score, I've got to think is next to impossible.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:32:30 PM by LittleMurs »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2010, 03:10:19 PM »
Faking a qualifying ACT score is doable.  Faking a perfect ACT score, I've got to think is next to impossible.

Even if it were possible, the best cheaters know that you never go for a perfect score.  Too much scrutiny.  Subtlety is key.    Score a 100 on a mid-term exam, and you're going to get a second look every time, even if you are the smartest kid in the class.

As someone whose job it was to root out cheaters for two years, I would say that faking a perfect ACT score isn't just "next to impossible," it is downright idiotic.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.