[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Revised High 5'ing Buzz at end of game - Not DJO's Dad or Tim Maymon  (Read 27213 times)

GuyIncognito

• Starter
Re: Tim Maymon at Game High 5'ing Buzz at end of game
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 07:28:06 AM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 07:33:32 AM »
Definitely not Maymon.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 07:34:23 AM »
Thats awesome.  Good for DJO and his father.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 07:40:09 AM »
You can clearly see DJO say "that's my Dad".

Great overall game from DJO.  I hope his dad will stick around for Saturday to see DJO unleash another great performance!
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 07:42:34 AM »
Pretty sure that's Jerry Smith's dad.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 08:05:06 AM »
Change name to...

check out awsome pick of team high fiving DJO's dad.

Marquette University, Spring '08

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 08:41:01 AM »
Does this qualify as "stupid topic of the year".  Instead of saying it is Tim Maymon when clearly it wasn't, why not say who was the guy giving high fives with the team at the end?  Got to say posts like this really make the  message boards look like a congregating place for morons.
My bad to everyone..public apology time..and I'm the only moron.  Most fans would open this thread for the curiousity factor - so they don't qualify as morons.  I made a mistake....but....from everything I saw....Jimmy's surprised look to the sideline, DJO saying something to Buzz  -that from lip reading ability appeard to say JMay's Dad..and after subsequent rewind, and replays...it looked to me like Tim Maymon...which obviously would have been very bizarre, yet epic..and in my opinion...thread worthy. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 08:44:11 AM »
You can clearly see DJO say "that's my Dad".

Great overall game from DJO.  I hope his dad will stick around for Saturday to see DJO unleash another great performance!

Hate to continue this thread as I feel bad for starting it...but.."That's My Dad" and "J-May's Dad"...are fairly similar if trying to read lips...so again, sorry.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

KCmastapeace

• Walk-On
Re: DJO's dad at Game High 5'ing Buzz at end of game
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 09:01:20 AM »
haha agreed!  he had the kimbo slice hair cut going on and looked like he had a few screws loose!

shafted20

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 09:20:16 AM »
Freeway was definitely in the building. He was sitting up in 413 a couple of rows in front of me.
Beer is the cause and solution to all of life's problems. ~Homer Simpson

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 09:41:46 AM »

DJO's dad, not TM.
http://img188.yfrog.com/i/6e7j.jpg/

That's awesome!  He looks effing PUMPED!  It's clearly where DJO gets his intensity from.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 09:43:15 AM »
You honestly don't have a high basketball IQ if you're the one leading the "wait and see on Buzz" charge.

Really?   Would you like a list of about 50 coaches just in the last 15 years that crashed and burned after a wonderful start (you can begin with Mike Deane at MU).  Sorry, I like a few years under my belt, but as I've said from the start...SO FAR, SO GOOD.    You'll have to excuse me if I like to wait until a coach has his own players in the system and his teams are totally made up of his own players with 4 or 5 years of a track record.  I'm just "low basketball IQ" crazy like that.   ;D

Awesome that his dad was there to see his son play such a wonderful game.  
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:45:20 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
Really?   Would you like a list of about 50 coaches just in the last 15 years that crashed and burned after a wonderful start (you can begin with Mike Deane at MU).  Sorry, I like a few years under my belt, but as I've said from the start...SO FAR, SO GOOD.    You'll have to excuse me if I like to wait until a coach has his own players in the system and his teams are totally made up of his own players with 4 or 5 years of a track record.  I'm just "low basketball IQ" crazy like that.   ;D

Awesome that his dad was there to see his son play such a wonderful game.  

If you can't look at the product on the court and say to yourself, that team is coached damn well, then yes, you don't have any basketball IQ at all.

ChicosBailBonds : "Soft Bubble" & "Wait and See" :: Murff : "Diener is a dime a dozen pg"

You will never be able to live those stupid comments down.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 09:51:27 AM »
You'll have to excuse me if I like to wait until a coach has his own players in the system and his teams are totally made up of his own players with 4 or 5 years of a track record.  I'm just "low basketball IQ" crazy like that.   ;D

Says the guy who wanted Keno Davis ahead of Buzz, based on what he did in one season with his old man's players.  ;)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 09:54:39 AM »
Freeway was definitely in the building. He was sitting up in 413 a couple of rows in front of me.

I saw him there too! Right in the asile between 412 and 413.  He looked cleaned up too.  Black Tommy Hilfiger coat, new hat, new glasses.  Good for Freeway!

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 09:58:14 AM »
I saw him there too! Right in the asile between 412 and 413.  He looked cleaned up too.  Black Tommy Hilfiger coat, new hat, new glasses.  Good for Freeway!

What happened to the Packer jacket???? I bet that would go for some good coin on EBay!

swimmer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »
What happened to the Packer jacket???? I bet that would go for some good coin on EBay!

Uhhh, I think I'll leave the memory of Freeway's Packer jacket as just that . . . a memory.  Don't want anything to do with "game worn" Freeway gear.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »
Uhhh, I think I'll leave the memory of Freeway's Packer jacket as just that . . . a memory.  Don't want anything to do with "game worn" Freeway gear.

Ha!  A framed "game worn" Freeway Packer jacket would complete any hard core MU fan's memorabilia collection.  The frame would also help mitigate the stench.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 10:54:59 AM »
If you can't look at the product on the court and say to yourself, that team is coached damn well, then yes, you don't have any basketball IQ at all.

ChicosBailBonds : "Soft Bubble" & "Wait and See" :: Murff : "Diener is a dime a dozen pg"

You will never be able to live those stupid comments down.

Here's a legit question:

If MU was really 12th place in the conference, and had lost their share of tough games (instead of winning all of these games), would you want Buzz fired?

I can't speak for Chico's, but my own "wait and see" is based upon the fact that I don't think you can fire, nor award a lifetime contract after 2 years.

Can you be excited? Hell yes. I'm excited. I LOVE what I see and hear right now from the coaches and the team.

Does Buzz have tenure? Not yet...

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2010, 11:02:54 AM »
That's awesome!  He looks effing PUMPED!  It's clearly where DJO gets his intensity from.

Also where DJO gets him stunning looks from. Snarling dog, with the gap in the front teeth

I love that cat

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:42 AM »
Here's a legit question:

If MU was really 12th place in the conference, and had lost their share of tough games (instead of winning all of these games), would you want Buzz fired?

Obviously I'm as big of Buzz fan as there is, so my answer to the above question, would be "No."  However, it would not surprise me in the least if some posters here started calling into question his coaching ability, etc.  Heck, there have been a lot of second guessers this season as it's been.  Not sure what some MU fans expect, but even if Buzz finished 12th..by no means should anyone have felt he should be fired - just based on the virtue of his two, back-to-back Top 20 recruiting classes alone..much less the cometitive nature of the team (if they were to have lost more of the close games they've won recently.)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2010, 11:19:41 AM »
Here's a legit question:

I can't speak for Chico's, but my own "wait and see" is based upon the fact that I don't think you can fire, nor award a lifetime contract after 2 years.

Can you be excited? Hell yes. I'm excited. I LOVE what I see and hear right now from the coaches and the team.

Does Buzz have tenure? Not yet...

I'm pretty sure nobody has called for for a lifetime contract or tenure.
But I think many are saying, reasonably, that it appears MU made a great hire. Could that change? Well, yeah, of course. If we find out Buzz is luring recruits with hookers and blow, I suspect it will change a few minds.

Still, the strident refusal to credit MU for making what appears to be a great hire makes some go 'Hmmm.' I would guess it has less to do with anyone being anti-Buzz than it does with how critical some were of the hire and how it was handled. Seems some don't want to admit that those concerns may have been completely misguided.
Anyhow, that's my half-a** analysis.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2010, 11:23:02 AM »
Obviously I'm as big of Buzz fan as there is, so my answer to the above question, would be "No."  However, it would not surprise me in the least if some posters here started calling into question his coaching ability, etc.  Heck, there have been a lot of second guessers this season as it's been.  Not sure what some MU fans expect, but even if Buzz finished 12th..by no means should anyone have felt he should be fired - just based on the virtue of his two, back-to-back Top 20 recruiting classes alone..much less the cometitive nature of the team (if they were to have lost more of the close games they've won recently.)

That's fair, and I agree with you 100%.

It's that same logic that prevents me from thinking Buzz is infallible. Obviously nobody has come out and said "Buzz is infallible", but there are some pretty hardcore fans who are on the attack if anybody dare offer a mild critique.

There is a witch hunt for chico's because he's not ready to offer Buzz a lifetime deal (or so it seems) after only 2 years.

Again, I REALLY like what I have seen so far. We may have discovered a diamond in the rough. BUT, let's not pretend like Buzz Williams is John Wooden (yet :))

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure nobody has called for for a lifetime contract or tenure.
But I think many are saying, reasonably, that it appears MU made a great hire. Could that change? Well, yeah, of course. If we find out Buzz is luring recruits with hookers and blow, I suspect it will change a few minds.

Still, the strident refusal to credit MU for making what appears to be a great hire makes some go 'Hmmm.' I would guess it has less to do with anyone being anti-Buzz than it does with how critical some were of the hire and how it was handled. Seems some don't want to admit that those concerns may have been completely misguided.
Anyhow, that's my half-a** analysis.

You're right about the lifetime contract. Nobody has said that.

But, has chico's or anybody else disagreed with Buzz "appears to be a great hire"?

I don't think anybody in their right mind could disagree with that statement.

However, there are some around here that appear to have taken it farther than "appears to be a great hire" and those are the people that I would say need to settle down a little bit.

Again, I love Buzz so far. But, let's not pretend like we can fully evaluate a coach in 2 years! (good or bad).

Mike Davis was awesome his first 2 years at IU
Coach K was pretty bad his first 3 years at Duke.

Who would you rather have?

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 11:47:33 AM »
If we were really 12th, where we were picked to be, then NO, I would not want Buzz fired. I had no expectations heading into the season. However, after viewing the performance on the court thus far, as well as the players Buzz has brought into the program, there shouldn't be any doubt in anyone's mind about Buzz. You honestly have to be blind not to see the brilliance of this year's coaching job. Look at all the adversity that has been overcome and the chemistry this team has. How can you not extrapolate that out into future years? Hold out all you want though.