Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: this is the worst crowd i've seen in years  (Read 24305 times)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
this is the worst crowd i've seen in years
« on: February 13, 2010, 07:46:57 PM »
And yes... This is the WORST student section I've ever seen at a MU game.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

romey

• All American
Re: this is the worst crowd i've seen in years
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »
It is disappointing

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 08:20:35 PM »
i thought the game was sold out?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:27:19 PM »
Let me guess, all the frat boys get their leashes yanked and have to go on Valentine's dates?

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »
There are frat boys at MU?  Not when I was there.  I thought it was illegal.

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »
As a former MU frat boy, I take offense to that.

Speaking of the crowd though, did the TV feed just show Wes in the crowd?

gumbyandpokey

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 09:28:25 PM »
I thought the game was a near sellout?

lakersfan839

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »
Well you do know students have other things going on besides basketball??? a lot of people were headed home this weekend and other stuff going on. Maybe we are saving up for the HUGE pitt game on thursday. The BC will be rocking thursday night

romey

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 09:43:35 PM »
Well you do know students have other things going on besides basketball??? a lot of people were headed home this weekend and other stuff going on. Maybe we are saving up for the HUGE pitt game on thursday. The BC will be rocking thursday night

I thought someone posted that regarding tonight's game

gumbyandpokey

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »
I'm not sure if the original poster is referring to the attendance numbers or the energy in the building, but the game had very little flow to it and there really weren't many opportunities for the fans to really get into it.  It was a workmanlike victory, and much needed.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 09:47:41 PM »
Well you do know students have other things going on besides basketball??? a lot of people were headed home this weekend and other stuff going on.

Wow -- I guess basketball just isn't that big a deal among the present day students if that's the case. Very disappointing to hear from a McGuire era alum.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 09:52:01 PM »
Yes.. wes was in the house

chapman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 09:53:26 PM »

Heading home and other stuff going on?  This is one of two Saturday games with school in session, and the only Saturday night home game.  Glad to hear they sat around without plans the other six Saturdays during the sason and picked this one to go home.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »
I'm not sure if the original poster is referring to the attendance numbers or the energy in the building, but the game had very little flow to it and there really weren't many opportunities for the fans to really get into it.  It was a workmanlike victory, and much needed.

I'd agree.   The crowd was pretty large .. maybe 1000 empty seats, but it might be the biggest crowd we've had all year.  How that's the "worst in years" is beyond me.

The energy level was a bit low due to the flow of the game.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 10:01:56 PM »
nothing is more annoying to me than here "the game flow kept the crowd out of the game"   That is pathetic i thinkt he crowd stood up once and got loaud on a defensive possession.  When Mu is up 6-8-10 whatever ans needs a stop the crowd should be up and going crazy no matter the "flow" .  Could care less how many people were there it was a stale house and gave zero home crowd advantage to MU.  Simply a terrible effort by Mu fans

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 10:03:39 PM »
Can someone tell the MU game entertainment team that Jump Around came out in 1992. If my math is correct, freshman wouldn't have been born yet. Also the latest version of Cotton Eye Joe came out in 1994.  If they were playing songs from 1978 when I was in school I wouldn't have been getting excited at the games either.

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 10:05:45 PM »

Wow. I don't even know what to say to this. Very disappointing.

flamesfan724

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 10:09:07 PM »
why don't you talk about how well this team has been playing rather than cutting down fellow fans? it is pathetic how much non-basketball related posts are put on this site. Great win for MU, solid all-around effort

gumbyandpokey

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 10:09:26 PM »
Can someone tell the MU game entertainment team that Jump Around came out in 1992. If my math is correct, freshman wouldn't have been born yet. Also the latest version of Cotton Eye Joe came out in 1994.  If they were playing songs from 1978 when I was in school I wouldn't have been getting excited at the games either.

Not to mention Jump Around is pretty well known as a Badger football song.  It's really lame in the Bradley Center at an MU game.  You shouldn't have to copy a UW tradition.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
Wasn't at the game but watched on TV.  Crowd looked good on TV.

Is the problem that we all watched Duke/UNC three days ago and we expect that kind of crowd energy for USF???

My bet is you're more whining than informing.

gumbyandpokey

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 10:17:28 PM »
I think people just have to get it through their heads that an unranked South Florida team just doesn't get many people fired up, even if it was a crucial game for MU's NCAA chances.  I would bet that for Pitt, the crowd may not be as big (being a Thursday night) but will be much, much louder.

And the fact of the matter is that there just isn't the buzz on campus about the team this year,  Maybe it's that the "big 3" all graduated and they were the face of MU basketball for four years.  I'm sure the slow start didn't help matters any, either.

WxWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »

Wow. I don't even know what to say to this. Very disappointing.

Especially considering they are introduced as "the number one student section in the country."  And I'm not really ripping the students, just the comment.  I've always found it a bit embarrasing because it's so far from the truth.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »
I think people just have to get it through their heads that an unranked South Florida team just doesn't get many people fired up, even if it was a crucial game for MU's NCAA chances.  I would bet that for Pitt, the crowd may not be as big (being a Thursday night) but will be much, much louder.

And the fact of the matter is that there just isn't the buzz on campus about the team this year,  Maybe it's that the "big 3" all graduated and they were the face of MU basketball for four years.  I'm sure the slow start didn't help matters any, either.

100% correct

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »
I could care less what the crowd is like as long as we win.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

deerchaser

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 10:37:29 PM »

I don't know if we've all become a little reliant on the teal mannerism, but I sensed a heavy dose of sarcasm in this statement.  I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time.

feedback