[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JayMay "true story" from Scout board  (Read 21419 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: JayMay "true story" from Scout board
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »
The big problem that I have with the story is chances are they didn't practice Sunday after a late afternoon game Saturday. Buzz usually gives them the day off of practice after games. Now Monday, that I could see.

Unless, of course, they just got done sucking for two hours in a nationally televised game in which the regular plan may have been altered.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2009, 09:52:04 AM »
The big problem that I have with the story is chances are they didn't practice Sunday after a late afternoon game Saturday. Buzz usually gives them the day off of practice after games. Now Monday, that I could see.

They were practicing free throws  ;)

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »
Should be pretty easy to check.  Anyone able to confirm that there was/wasn't practice Sunday morning?

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2009, 10:16:30 AM »
I see it far more likely this all went down on Monday, not Sunday.

FWIW, on the Scout board, Dodds said the team didn't practice at the AL on Sunday.
It would have been easier for them to get into the AL on Monday.
The story says they went to the ADs office, would there even be anyone in the ADs office on Sunday morning?
That jives with Buzz's story of everything happening Monday, the meeting with the administration, and then meeting with him.  It also jives with Jimmy's version, team doesn't see meetings with administration and Buzz, team is then told J-May is gone, which is a surprise to them.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:42:19 AM by Litehouse »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2009, 10:17:47 AM »

Why would you think that MU would be different?  I'm not saying that JB was coached or not, but I think it is incredibly naive to think that MU's PR operation would be different than any others.

I was partially making a dig against those three schools, but I was also implying that basketball is not the end all, be all at MU (contrary to what some of us here may believe).  If you think that a Jesuit institution like MU would allow the athletic PR dept. to risk throwing Jimmy Butler under the bus in order to "cover up" something as irrelevant as the timing behind when the team was notified, then who is the one being naive here?

There is no scandal.  This was a kid who left the basketball team (regardless of who made that decision) because his dad is a freak show.  Not a big deal, and definitely not worthy of a massive cover-up.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2009, 10:34:19 AM »
I see it far more likely this all went down on Monday, not Sunday.

FWIW, on the Scout board, Dodds said the team didn't practice at the AL on Sunday.

Interesting that OP said Sunday.  Seems trivial but it shows how minor facts can lead to completely different conclusions.  If it happens Monday, Buzz's statement of potentially knowing it was going to happen but still being suprised makes sense.  If it is Sunday, then Buzz's statement seems like a half-truth at best.

This is just like journalism.  You can have 90% of a story correct, but that 10% that is not fact can lead you to different conclusions.  It is quite nefarioius since 90% of the story is true, it makes the story teller appear very credible.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2009, 10:36:04 AM »
I was partially making a dig against those three schools, but I was also implying that basketball is not the end all, be all at MU (contrary to what some of us here may believe).  If you think that a Jesuit institution like MU would allow the athletic PR dept. to risk throwing Jimmy Butler under the bus in order to "cover up" something as irrelevant as the timing behind when the team was notified, then who is the one being naive here?

Yes, because lord knows that a Catholic institution is above that kind of stuff and would never allow basketball to overwhelm its values.

C'mon...again, I didn't say it *did* happen, but to dismiss it out of hand is ridiculous.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2009, 10:50:28 AM »
I honestly don't remember the Matthews thing at all.  Maymon was very very visible all the time, constantly being a problem. I don't think the same could ever be said about Wes' mom.  Perhaps I just don't remember it that well, but the rep with TM was through the roof.

Pam Moore was a problem for Wisconsin only after Wesley decided on MU.  After the commit, Badgers did not like Wesley or Pam.  Go figure.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2009, 10:51:49 AM »
C'mon...again, I didn't say it *did* happen, but to dismiss it out of hand is ridiculous.

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, and I do agree with you to an extent.

All I'm saying is that I believe MU holds itself to a higher standard then some other schools whose focus may be elsewhere.  Not to say that the MU is the pinnacle of transparency, but I do think that the mission and values of a Jesuit institution would cause the PR machine to operate a bit differently at MU than it does elsewhere.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
Guys...if it was 100% BS, John Dodds, who works for the BB program, would have removed it from his site.

So was it BS then?  It's been removed.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2009, 12:42:39 PM »
It's true.

feedback