[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Buzz on Maymon  (Read 15464 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Buzz on Maymon
« on: December 17, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »
Buzz on Maymon

Just got back from MU's media availability at the Bradley Center, and wanted to post a couple of comments from coach Buzz Williams regarding Jeronne Maymon and the situation regarding his quitting the Golden Eagles.

These are Williams' first public comments since everything went down on Monday. I'll fill in with a complete transcript later this evening.

Why did Jeronne quit the team? "His family met with our administration on Monday at 1, and I met with them immediately after that. They asked for his release, we granted his release today, when he's done with all his obligations. They said that he was unhappy with his role and with our offense and how he was playing. He's a really good kid and we were happy to have him, and I mean that in a genuine way. I think that he was growing, I think that he was getting better, but they didn't feel like the progress relative to the pace was working out to their satisfaction."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/79566672.html

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Buzz on Maymon
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »
"But our team is never going to be about one son; it's always going to be about all the sons."

That about sums it up in a nutshell.

What a classless, petty move by the Maymons. Schedule a meeting w/the administration and flat out want out without any warning whatsoever.

I know Jeronne's a kid, so I'll go after his dad. In the paraphrased words of words of Mike Gundy...BE A MAN!

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
I like Buzz Williams more every day.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »
And another thing. If what Buzz said is right, and the only think Jeronne said was that "he was unhappy" and he never said anything else? That to me screams "parents/dads move". Not that I didnt think that already, but that confirmed it.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »
And another thing. If what Buzz said is right, and the only think Jeronne said was that "he was unhappy" and he never said anything else? That to me screams "parents/dads move". Not that I didnt think that already, but that confirmed it.

If you listen to Butler's comments, you'd have to assume this wasn't JMay's decision.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly, though I wish we hadn't taken him (JM) in the first place to put us in this situation.  I suppose one could argue without JM, we don't get VB.  Who knows.

Can't wait to hear where this kid is going to play so they can run the offense through him.  He's better off going to like Illinois State or Northern Illinois where he can be the top dog like he was in high school.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 04:59:12 PM »
The conditions of transfer were no Big East school and not Wisconsin?  I've never seen that before where we would put Wisconsin in there.  Besides, why on earth would Bo Ryan want him anyway.  Strange.

Maybe Rob Jeter feels desperate enough to take him.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
The conditions of transfer were no Big East school and not Wisconsin?  I've never seen that before where we would put Wisconsin in there.  Besides, why on earth would Bo Ryan want him anyway.  Strange.

Maybe Rob Jeter feels desperate enough to take him.

Rivalry.  To stir the pot.

Bo wouldn't take him, but its awesome.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 05:03:12 PM »
i was really surprised as well that wisconsin was part of the release contract.  boy you know its a fairly heated rivalry when that is done, kind of like favre and the jets/vikings trade clause

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »

That's probably the Vander clause??

nyg

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
If you listen to Butler's comments, you'd have to assume this wasn't JMay's decision.
[/quote

No assumption on my part, I am convinced it was Dad.  When Buzz stated Tim told him something to the effect "He was sure in his heart, this was not the right place".  Plus the use of the word, "they, they, and they".  Very sad you have an overbearing parent making this decisions for such an athlete.  Very sad.

As for Buzz, I am very impressed and at times it appeared he was playing the "politically correct" mode. Thinking very carefully about his responses, which were direct and to the point.  Nice job Buzz.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »
i was really surprised as well that wisconsin was part of the release contract.  boy you know its a fairly heated rivalry when that is done, kind of like favre and the jets/vikings trade clause

No surprise to me at all. Buzz believes that Maymon has the potential to grow into a quality big, and he doesn't want to have to play him. Truth is, UW is just like all BEast teams--MU will absolutely play them once every year. (Plus a few other BEast teams a second time, but we don't know that until just before any given season.)

If MU says no to Big East schools, it is the same logic to say no to UW.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »

+1...Buzz continues to impress me.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »

Actually, i believe it's a Big East rule that athlete's can't transfer among the schools.  I'm sure MU fully agrees with the rule, but I don't think it's necessarily a MU guideline.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 05:34:54 PM »
No surprise to me at all. Buzz believes that Maymon has the potential to grow into a quality big, and he doesn't want to have to play him. Truth is, UW is just like all BEast teams--MU will absolutely play them once every year. (Plus a few other BEast teams a second time, but we don't know that until just before any given season.)

6'6 is not a big.

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »
Tim Maymon (TC) had way too big a role in this.

Was Tim Maymon an ex-athlete?  Does he have a background in business?  
    No and no.

What is Tim Maymon's best chance of actually seeing his son play and watching games?
-at Marquette or Wisconsin

Will any coach want to deal with this man?
--no  Any offer for Jeronne will have a speculation that T.C. is not allowed within a certain distance of the coach/court.

I just hope this was Jeronne's decision.  I'm having a feeling that Big Daddy had too much of an influence.
Have fun organizing your travels Tim Maymon, it's a lot more expensive flying across the country than taking the bus to Milwaukee.  Ever think about that.

Super Agent Tim Maymon.  This is his business card, of course that's his writing.

Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

Mike Deane

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »
Someone should have asked Buzz if "they" had ever expressed to Buzz that "they" were unhappy prior to Monday's big blow up!

Go Warriors!

GOO

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »
Mike Dean.  I think the answer to that would be Yes.  He worded it carefully. Just my guess.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 06:30:16 PM »

Where can we hear or see Butler's comments?  Help anyone?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 06:33:39 PM »
Butler's comments are at the back end of the 2nd video

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
It is at Akron.

Hey, hey.. let's leave the Zips out of this.  (plus, they have the following dudes: 7'0" (top 100 recruit, freshman, getting nice minutes), 6'10", 6'9", 6'8")
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »
That's probably the Vander clause??
+1
When the two time Wisky player of the year can't make it at a major university it speaks volumes about the talent in the state.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »
Where can we hear or see Butler's comments?  Help anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/user/muathletics

I suggest that every MU fan worth his weight in geldings bookmark that site.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 06:43:31 PM »
Thanks for the link....great video, nice comments, appreciate Buzz's honesty and the way he handled it.

Buzz should grow his hair out a bit as he has in the video.   ;D