[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Buzz on Maymon  (Read 15462 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Buzz on Maymon
« on: December 17, 2009, 04:30:04 PM »
Buzz on Maymon

Just got back from MU's media availability at the Bradley Center, and wanted to post a couple of comments from coach Buzz Williams regarding Jeronne Maymon and the situation regarding his quitting the Golden Eagles.

These are Williams' first public comments since everything went down on Monday. I'll fill in with a complete transcript later this evening.

Why did Jeronne quit the team? "His family met with our administration on Monday at 1, and I met with them immediately after that. They asked for his release, we granted his release today, when he's done with all his obligations. They said that he was unhappy with his role and with our offense and how he was playing. He's a really good kid and we were happy to have him, and I mean that in a genuine way. I think that he was growing, I think that he was getting better, but they didn't feel like the progress relative to the pace was working out to their satisfaction."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/79566672.html

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Buzz on Maymon
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »
"But our team is never going to be about one son; it's always going to be about all the sons."

That about sums it up in a nutshell.

What a classless, petty move by the Maymons. Schedule a meeting w/the administration and flat out want out without any warning whatsoever.

I know Jeronne's a kid, so I'll go after his dad. In the paraphrased words of words of Mike Gundy...BE A MAN!

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
I like Buzz Williams more every day.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »
And another thing. If what Buzz said is right, and the only think Jeronne said was that "he was unhappy" and he never said anything else? That to me screams "parents/dads move". Not that I didnt think that already, but that confirmed it.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »
And another thing. If what Buzz said is right, and the only think Jeronne said was that "he was unhappy" and he never said anything else? That to me screams "parents/dads move". Not that I didnt think that already, but that confirmed it.

If you listen to Butler's comments, you'd have to assume this wasn't JMay's decision.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly, though I wish we hadn't taken him (JM) in the first place to put us in this situation.  I suppose one could argue without JM, we don't get VB.  Who knows.

Can't wait to hear where this kid is going to play so they can run the offense through him.  He's better off going to like Illinois State or Northern Illinois where he can be the top dog like he was in high school.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 04:59:12 PM »
The conditions of transfer were no Big East school and not Wisconsin?  I've never seen that before where we would put Wisconsin in there.  Besides, why on earth would Bo Ryan want him anyway.  Strange.

Maybe Rob Jeter feels desperate enough to take him.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
The conditions of transfer were no Big East school and not Wisconsin?  I've never seen that before where we would put Wisconsin in there.  Besides, why on earth would Bo Ryan want him anyway.  Strange.

Maybe Rob Jeter feels desperate enough to take him.

Rivalry.  To stir the pot.

Bo wouldn't take him, but its awesome.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 05:03:12 PM »
i was really surprised as well that wisconsin was part of the release contract.  boy you know its a fairly heated rivalry when that is done, kind of like favre and the jets/vikings trade clause

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »

That's probably the Vander clause??

nyg

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 05:12:49 PM »
If you listen to Butler's comments, you'd have to assume this wasn't JMay's decision.
[/quote

No assumption on my part, I am convinced it was Dad.  When Buzz stated Tim told him something to the effect "He was sure in his heart, this was not the right place".  Plus the use of the word, "they, they, and they".  Very sad you have an overbearing parent making this decisions for such an athlete.  Very sad.

As for Buzz, I am very impressed and at times it appeared he was playing the "politically correct" mode. Thinking very carefully about his responses, which were direct and to the point.  Nice job Buzz.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »
i was really surprised as well that wisconsin was part of the release contract.  boy you know its a fairly heated rivalry when that is done, kind of like favre and the jets/vikings trade clause

No surprise to me at all. Buzz believes that Maymon has the potential to grow into a quality big, and he doesn't want to have to play him. Truth is, UW is just like all BEast teams--MU will absolutely play them once every year. (Plus a few other BEast teams a second time, but we don't know that until just before any given season.)

If MU says no to Big East schools, it is the same logic to say no to UW.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »

+1...Buzz continues to impress me.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »

Actually, i believe it's a Big East rule that athlete's can't transfer among the schools.  I'm sure MU fully agrees with the rule, but I don't think it's necessarily a MU guideline.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 05:34:54 PM »
No surprise to me at all. Buzz believes that Maymon has the potential to grow into a quality big, and he doesn't want to have to play him. Truth is, UW is just like all BEast teams--MU will absolutely play them once every year. (Plus a few other BEast teams a second time, but we don't know that until just before any given season.)

6'6 is not a big.

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »
Tim Maymon (TC) had way too big a role in this.

Was Tim Maymon an ex-athlete?  Does he have a background in business?  
    No and no.

What is Tim Maymon's best chance of actually seeing his son play and watching games?
-at Marquette or Wisconsin

Will any coach want to deal with this man?
--no  Any offer for Jeronne will have a speculation that T.C. is not allowed within a certain distance of the coach/court.

I just hope this was Jeronne's decision.  I'm having a feeling that Big Daddy had too much of an influence.
Have fun organizing your travels Tim Maymon, it's a lot more expensive flying across the country than taking the bus to Milwaukee.  Ever think about that.

Super Agent Tim Maymon.  This is his business card, of course that's his writing.

Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

Mike Deane

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »
Someone should have asked Buzz if "they" had ever expressed to Buzz that "they" were unhappy prior to Monday's big blow up!

Go Warriors!

GOO

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »
Mike Dean.  I think the answer to that would be Yes.  He worded it carefully. Just my guess.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 06:30:16 PM »

Where can we hear or see Butler's comments?  Help anyone?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 06:33:39 PM »
Butler's comments are at the back end of the 2nd video

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
It is at Akron.

Hey, hey.. let's leave the Zips out of this.  (plus, they have the following dudes: 7'0" (top 100 recruit, freshman, getting nice minutes), 6'10", 6'9", 6'8")
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »
+1
When the two time Wisky player of the year can't make it at a major university it speaks volumes about the talent in the state.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »
Where can we hear or see Butler's comments?  Help anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/user/muathletics

I suggest that every MU fan worth his weight in geldings bookmark that site.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 06:43:31 PM »
Thanks for the link....great video, nice comments, appreciate Buzz's honesty and the way he handled it.

Buzz should grow his hair out a bit as he has in the video.   ;D

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
Translation:

Tim Maymon felt Jeronne should start, not have to play in the paint, and have the offense run through him.

End of story, adios MF'er and the horse you rode in on.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mike Deane

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 06:48:16 PM »
I think Buzz looked drained in the video.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »
I think Buzz looked drained in the video.

Well, he's still recovering from the run he went on from Milwaukee to Indianapolis. ;D

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »
Has he finished the run or did that fade away?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

ToddRosiakSays

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
Buzz on Maymon

Just got back from MU's media availability at the Bradley Center, and wanted to post a couple of comments from coach Buzz Williams regarding Jeronne Maymon and the situation regarding his quitting the Golden Eagles.

These are Williams' first public comments since everything went down on Monday. I'll fill in with a complete transcript later this evening.

UPDATE: This is the complete transcript, with regard to the Maymon situation.

ToddRosiakSays

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »
Buzz on Maymon

UPDATE: This is the complete transcript, with regard to the Maymon situation. I've also added Jimmy Butler on at the end.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 07:34:10 PM »
 Hey, hey.. let's leave the Zips out of this.  (plus, they have the following dudes: 7'0" (top 100 recruit, freshman, getting nice minutes), 6'10", 6'9", 6'8")

More tounge-in-cheek, but I see one 7-footer and one 6' 8" dude.

No.   Player   Position   Height   Weight
15   Carroll, Tim   F   6'5"   215   Sr
32   Conyers, Jimmy   F   6'5"   220   Gs1
13   Cvetinovic, NikolaF   6'8"   230   So
24   Hitchens,Humpty   G   5'9"   168   So
44   Marshall, Zeke   C   7'0"   218   Fr
5   McClanahan, B   G   6'4"   185   S0
--   Oldham, C.J.   F   6'5"   185   Fr
2   Petersen, Kyle   G   6'4"   180   So
3   Sullivan, Alex   G   5'10"   175   So

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 07:35:15 PM »
I have to post these two parts of the transcript, because, well, they say a lot...

What's the mood of the team? "I found out about the meeting Monday morning, I met with our administration Monday at 1. I met with J-May's family a little after 2. We were scheduled to practice at 3:30 -- our schedule's been whacked out all week because it's finals -- so I immediately told our team at 3:30 in the locker room. Told them exactly what I'm telling you guys. We visited, they shared what they had to share, I shared what I had to share -- in essence, this -- and then we practiced. I love J-May. J-May's a really good kid. He's fun to be around, he did really good academically; the grades haven't been posted yet. Again, I think he was growing, and I'm not trying to turn it into, 'It's Buzz Williams against Tim Maymon.' I don't have anything against Tim Maymon. He believed in his heart that this wasn't the right place, and if you're going to work every day -- it is going to be a grind -- then you have to have both feet in, and that includes your heart. That's it."

Is Maymon's decision to quit tough on you personally, considering he was your first in-state recruit, and you seemed to have developed a good relationship with him? "Yeah, I want everybody to be as good as they can be. I remember when I took the job, we had three scholarships open, and I remember all that you asked in that question -- you know me well enough to know that I could literally verbatim tell you the deal -- we signed Jimmy and everybody's like, 'Who is this? Oh, that's Joe's teammate.' And everybody thought Joe was the stud and Jimmy was the bring-along guy. And then Erik Williams had committed when Coach Crean was the head coach and it was, 'Oh, is he going to stay committed?' Then he stayed committed. And now it's, 'Well, why isn't he playing? Buzz, that was your guy and you're not playing him.' I understand. He is my guy and he's not playing, but he's still my guy. You know? And then J-May, I had never seen J-May and I met J-May and his parents when they were on campus two weeks after I got the job. I mean, even though you're a coach that doesn't mean that you're not a human. I know that I try to act tough, and in some ways I am tough, but as a human being I really love people -- and I mean this in the right way; I think that's part of the reason God put me here -- and I love every one of those kids on our team. And that includes Jeronne Maymon. And even though all that has transpired and I can't speak specifically about recruits that didn't make it or whatever, I have attachments to those guys because I built a trustful relationship with them. So when things don't work out, I'm not concerned about what you say or anybody else would say. I'm concerned about my relationship with them. I talk to Pat Hazel every week. Pat Hazel was here two weeks ago, in the locker room. That's my guy. You've been to practice, and if you watched practice you would not perceive him to be 'my guy'. But he's my guy. And wherever J-May goes, I literally wish him nothing but the best, and he'll still be my guy. And I think he'll still be friends with our players."

Sorry J-May, I know he's family and all, but pretty soon you're gonna' have to tell dad that you're too old for him to be making your decisions.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »

Sorry J-May, I know he's family and all, but pretty soon you're gonna' have to tell dad that you're too old for him to be making your decisions.

Well said

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 07:43:51 PM »
Now that we have heard the story from Buzz, it is abundantly clear that this choice, whose ever it was, was a wrong one for JMay.  There is no way, with the reasons they advanced, that this was a great choice for this kid.  "He could have been a contender . . ."

jpvegas

• Walk-On
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 08:15:21 PM »
I heard that the no transfer to Wisconsin was Bo Ryan's request.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »
Thanks for the link....great video, nice comments, appreciate Buzz's honesty and the way he handled it.

Buzz should grow his hair out a bit as he has in the video.   ;D

buzz cuts his hair before every game

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 08:48:55 PM »

It's funny that Chico's Bail Bonds mention ISU as the type of school that may work for Maymon... The other day I was talking with a friend and when thinking of Jeronne Maymon's game, we both compared him to a former Illinois State star Rico Hill.  Rico had the same body as Maymon and was a hell of a player at Brother Rice HS and lead us past a Donovan McNabb and Antoine Walker lead Mt Carmel team in the state semi-finals.  He played 3 years at ISU then went pro after his Junior season and ended up not making it out of the D-League.  His situation was similar because he had alot of family that was telling him to leave early.  ISU was a good fit (and could be for Maymon) because he was able to bang inside with his wide body in a less than first rate conferance.  At any rate, I'm disgusted by the Maymon family's poor judgement and selfishness.  Unfortunately, Jeronne isn't the first to be guided by the misguided and certainly won't be the last.  Hopefully MU is able to pick up the pieces this year and develop these young guys.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:51:28 PM by TomW1365 »

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »
J-May's dad is very fortunate his son did not grow up in Chicago or New York, where his son would have been an also-ran among great talent. I cannot see another Top 200 Division I coach running his offense through a 6-6 forward who is not especially quick and does not want to come anywhere near the basket. I feel sorry for J-May; I do not feel sorry for his fool of a father. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 09:03:41 PM »
Buzz definitely impressed in the video.  I thought some generic coachspeak would be the safe way to go, but he was definitely better than that.  I'm surprised how aware he is of all the criticism to some of the things that go on (practically seems to be an MU Scoop lurker).  Also surprised that he talks to Hazel weekly and that Hazel came to visit a couple weeks ago.  Not that parting ways with Pat wasn't the right decision for both parties, especially at the time it was made, but we could use his body and a team player like that about now.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
Pat hazel available?
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2009, 09:26:55 PM »
Pat hazel available?

Yep, he's a unrestricted free agent so he's elgible to be picked up by anyone.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 09:38:17 PM »
Hazel didn't transfer, he simply quit school?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 09:42:41 PM »
Last I heard he transferred to BU. Sitting out this year, though.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 09:46:36 PM »
buzz cuts his hair before every game

I thought he looked pretty good with the 5 o'clock shadow on the dome.  Not that I'm into him or anything....not that there's anything wrong with that, or course.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 09:49:10 PM »
I thought he looked pretty good with the 5 o'clock shadow on the dome.  Not that I'm into him or anything....not that there's anything wrong with that, or course.

chico admires our buzz
chrome dome sprouting some fuzz
he then made made a pass
patting the texan on the ass
it was the last thing chico ever does

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 09:49:33 PM »
that actually makes a lot of sense stone...
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 09:52:44 PM »
that actually makes a lot of sense stone...

he called it the vander clause
a defensive measure it was
tim maymon may think
that vander is a fink
for bo ryan's filthy paws

farmdaddy

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 10:05:28 PM »

It's funny that Chico's Bail Bonds mention ISU as the type of school that may work for Maymon... The other day I was talking with a friend and when thinking of Jeronne Maymon's game, we both compared him to a former Illinois State star Rico Hill.  Rico had the same body as Maymon and was a hell of a player at Brother Rice HS and lead us past a Donovan McNabb and Antoine Walker lead Mt Carmel team in the state semi-finals.  He played 3 years at ISU then went pro after his Junior season and ended up not making it out of the D-League.  His situation was similar because he had alot of family that was telling him to leave early.  ISU was a good fit (and could be for Maymon) because he was able to bang inside with his wide body in a less than first rate conferance.  At any rate, I'm disgusted by the Maymon family's poor judgement and selfishness.  Unfortunately, Jeronne isn't the first to be guided by the misguided and certainly won't be the last.  Hopefully MU is able to pick up the pieces this year and develop these young guys.  

If he went to ISU he would have some battles with Diamond Taylor at SIU

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 10:10:16 PM »

one sees life through a myopic lens
the other takes ipods from friends
as to which one is worse
it's a terrible curse
for a father who can't make amends

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »

must have thought 5'10" and 5'9" players were a foot taller than listed.  ;D

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2009, 10:16:03 PM »
I guess we knew the old man was kinda nutty, but didn't realize he was a complete loon who totally dominates and micromanages his son's life. Talk about living vicariously through your kid. Very sad. It makes a tough year even tougher for Marquette, though.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2009, 10:23:28 PM »
I guess we knew the old man was kinda nutty, but didn't realize he was a complete loon who totally dominates and micromanages his son's life. Talk about living vicariously through your kid. Very sad. It makes a tough year even tougher for Marquette, though.

I think the living vicariously through your son line of thinking is dead on. Jeronne seems like a very soft spoken kid, probably because his old man is constantly telling him what he should be thinking/doing.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2009, 10:27:26 PM »
I think the living vicariously through your son line of thinking is dead on. Jeronne seems like a very soft spoken kid, probably because his old man is constantly telling him what he should be thinking/doing.

tim maymon said just do as i say
and together we can make some hay
i have this plan you see
that will bring riches to me
when you head off to the nba

redbirdwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »
As the name indicates (Redbird=ISU undergrad to play baseball, Warriors=Marquette law school), I know a little bit about Rico Hill and ISU.  He didn't leave ISU UNTIL AFTER THE DRAFT.  Maymon seems to compare favorably to Hill mentally as well.  Hill was a heck of a Missouri Valley player, and Maymon could be as well.  However, nobody who needs to develop his game as much as either guy had any chance of immediately dominating the Big East.  ISU wouldn't even run the offense for Maymon right away.

Don't laugh too much as ISU, since the Redbirds were a finalist for Wade.  Of course I rooted my tail off for Marquette when ISU made the trip to Milwaukee a few years ago, so where does that say my loyalties lie?  I guess being the fourth in my family through Marquette will do that to a guy. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 11:08:10 PM »
I heard that the no transfer to Wisconsin was Bo Ryan's request.

This makes sense and is what I thought ...

It's safe to assume that Bo and Buzz are buddies, as all coaches are.  Bo doesn't J-May and Buzz doesn't want him to go somewhere where they have to play him (which includes the BE).  Buzz did Bo a bit of a favor by excluding Wisconsin so Bo doesn't have to face the pressure, or questions, of taking J-May.  Buzz did not want him their anyway so it wasn't hard to twist his arm to include Wisconsin on the no trade list.

Another note ... any truth to the rumour he is going to Tennessee?  This rumour says Bruce Pearl knows Tim Maymom.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2009, 11:08:47 PM »

Some people only see what is in front of them, even if it's awful and incorrect information.  I understand you were just picking a stupid school... but if you want to get technical... why don't you come up with a source?  Or better yet, admit that you are wrong... the two probably go hand in hand.  

You say Marshall and Cvetinvic are the only guys 6'8 and above... how about Sweich and Bardo, who both played in their most recent game, and are 6'9" and 6'10", respectively?  C'mon duke, you think I ain't know AKRON homie?!?!  Maybe moms banned sites that actually have the real rosters on them from your view.

PS - 'Humpty' Hitchens, the 5'9" guy, .. his real name is Anthony... not sure how Humpty came about because Humpty Hump = tall.  But, great nickname.  

The main points are - 1) Akron as an example was a poor choice and 2) you saying 'it was a joke (which I knew) but let me point out some b.s. you said' was completely false, wrong and a travesty to mankind.  Also that other fruitcake who commented on the 'maybe he got 5'9 and 5'10 mixed up.. with 6'9 and 6'10.. hehehehehehe' is a herb as well.  

But you're both better people than Tim Maymon.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Mike Deane

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »
I just listened to Buzz's show with Homer recorded this past Monday.  My understanding is that Buzz knew at that point that JMay left.  I wondered if Homer did.  The only thing Homer seemed to hint was "there was one thing we agreed not to talk about."  They were probably talking about Buzz's diet.

It must have be very hard for Buzz at that point...  I mean the whole show did not say one word about JMay including the rodent game recap...

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2009, 11:25:10 PM »

lol

Let's just say that that guy partied his way out of Madison.  I got videos to confer.  He along with some of the other players tried to get Vander to come to Univ. of Wisconsin, but Failed that night
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2009, 11:29:52 PM »
Also surprised that he talks to Hazel weekly and that Hazel came to visit a couple weeks ago.  Not that parting ways with Pat wasn't the right decision for both parties, especially at the time it was made, but we could use his body and a team player like that about now.

I love when Buzz says, "if you watched practice, you wouldn't think Pat Hazel is my guy, but he's my guy".

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2009, 08:11:45 AM »
Intentionally or not (I think these guys do very few things unintentionally), though it comes as a surprise to nobody, Buzz pretty much let the cat out of the bag with this exchange...

What's the mood of the team? "I found out about the meeting Monday morning, I met with our administration Monday at 1. I met with J-May's family a little after 2. We were scheduled to practice at 3:30 -- our schedule's been whacked out all week because it's finals -- so I immediately told our team at 3:30 in the locker room. Told them exactly what I'm telling you guys. We visited, they shared what they had to share, I shared what I had to share -- in essence, this -- and then we practiced. I love J-May. J-May's a really good kid. He's fun to be around, he did really good academically; the grades haven't been posted yet. Again, I think he was growing, and I'm not trying to turn it into, 'It's Buzz Williams against Tim Maymon.' I don't have anything against Tim Maymon. He believed in his heart that this wasn't the right place, and if you're going to work every day -- it is going to be a grind -- then you have to have both feet in, and that includes your heart. That's it."[/b]

The questions was as to teh mood of the team...and it ended with Buzz talking about Tim Maymon. MU is truly better off without this guy.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »
After reading this, I generally feel sad for Jeronne and his future.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2009, 08:48:24 AM »
Two thoughts.

First, Maymon not making it as a D1 player does say a fair amount about the level of talent in WI.

Second, this kind of garbage unfortunately happens all the time at high schools with weak ADs/head coaches. Appears MU doesn't have that all with Buzz right now.
GO WARRIORS!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2009, 08:49:01 AM »
The questions was as to teh mood of the team...and it ended with Buzz talking about Tim Maymon. MU is truly better off without this guy.

I hope the "this guy" you refer to is Tim Maymon and not Buzz.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
when people say things like "maymon can't cut it as a D1 player" I think that is just wrong.  The dude was averaging 4 and 4 in 16 minutes 10 games into his freshman year.  Those are pretty solid numbers.  Those are ousmane barro numbers if you extend out to 30 minutes/game.  Maymon would have been pretty darn good as a 3/4 for MU the next couple years when we actually had healthy guys to play the 5.  I thought he played well against Wisconsin and battled hard underneath the hoop.

if you're gonna be mad...it seems more and more apparent you should be mad at Tim, not Jeronne.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »
Two thoughts.

First, Maymon not making it as a D1 player does say a fair amount about the level of talent in WI.

Second, this kind of garbage unfortunately happens all the time at high schools with weak ADs/head coaches. Appears MU doesn't have that all with Buzz right now.

I think this is completely wrong.

No indictment on Maymon as a Division I player has come down. In fact, he shows the potential to be a solid contributor to whichever program he transfers to so long as the destructive influence in his life doesn't continue to swallow the good sense out of him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »
Two thoughts.

Seems a bit premature to say he hasn't made it as a DI player.  I suspect that if he played all 4 years he would be a double double guy by his senior year.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2009, 02:28:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/muathletics

I suggest that every MU fan worth his weight in geldings bookmark that site.

WHAS?

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2009, 02:39:17 PM »

WHAS?

"It isn't about my minutes, Buzz."
"It isn't?"
"Well it is, but, see if you can follow me here.... it... isn't."
"Oh... so it is, AND it isn't."

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »
"It isn't about my minutes, Buzz."
"It isn't?"
"Well it is, but, see if you can follow me here.... it... isn't."
"Oh... so it is, AND it isn't."

It's a shame JMay won't be around to learn this...what is it? A new way?

feedback