[Today at 07:46:49 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Belling is using this board against MU  (Read 24004 times)

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: Belling is using this board against MU
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »
Reasons 1, 2, and 3 to go to TENN

Reason 4 to lock up your daughter around TENN, Pearl gets grabby

Uh, you mean reasons 1,2...3,4...5,6 to go to TN.

Now let's see...they have a Hostess Squad and are ranked #5. We do not have a Hostess Squad...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2009, 12:05:30 PM »
Reasons 1, 2, and 3 to go to TENN

Reason 4 to lock up your daughter around TENN, Pearl gets grabby

and if Pearl's fat ass wasn't in front of the bimbos, I'd be able to show you reasons 1,2,3,4,5 & 6.   8-)

Word on the street is that 4never applied to the Citadel back in the day for their "hostess" program

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2009, 12:43:24 PM »
You're new so I'll just link you to why Blue decommitted from UW@Madison instead of being a jerk to you for saying stupid things before you're even 10 posts deep into this forum.

I will add, that one of the big differences in the Blue situation, was that Wisconsin fans took a rumor about meeting between Bo and Vander and ran with the idea that his grades weren't up to par, so they didn't want him. THEN Vander de-committed.

In our current case, we got an official Marquette PR about Maymon leaving the team, and people basically have said "he's a quitter", "his dads a wacko", "He didn't want to work hard enough".  Hardly anybody has said we didn't want him.  Most people seem to be shocked that he thinks he's good enough to be the focal point of our offense.  Who wouldn't be -except for his family apparently.

We are much more careful about comments around here when things are just rumors.  This was a case when Maymon was officially gone, but suddenly and without much detail, so speculation was fair game.

Just my opinion...

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2009, 12:46:34 PM »
more pics of the UT hostesses...

"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »
A. Those girls are not that hot.
B. I don't have a problem at all with showing these kids a good time. As long as they're not servicing these guys, what's the problem?

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »
B. I don't have a problem at all with showing these kids a good time. As long as they're not servicing these guys, what's the problem?

Have you been following the story of Ms. Lacey Earps?http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/12/11/tennessee-recruiting/index.html

You might also want to check out the accusations from the AD of Marcus Lattimore's (#1 RB in 2010) high school about the hostesses inviting him to their hotel.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2009, 01:42:50 PM »
Have you been following the story of Ms. Lacey Earps?http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/12/11/tennessee-recruiting/index.html

You might also want to check out the accusations from the AD of Marcus Lattimore's (#1 RB in 2010) high school about the hostesses inviting him to their hotel.

I haven't been...but that blonde IS hot!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »
Nothing like being a hot college aged co-ed and being nothing more than a
cum-dumpster for high school football players.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2009, 02:01:47 PM »

I wonder how that goes on the resume.   ::)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »
I haven't been...but that blonde IS hot!

That is Ms. Lacey Earps... "girlfriend" of the top UT recruits.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2009, 02:09:40 PM »

Agreed. They look like a hostess version of our team: two or three 'A' listers followed by not much depth.

Will say, the one on the right in the top photo looks more mommy then co-ed but she is stacked.

LON

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »

But I think they were/are servicing them...

They crossed over the line of a "jersey chaser" into a "whore for TENN"

LON

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »

That sign should read:  "Miller and Willis have our STDs"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2009, 02:13:03 PM »

I knew plenty of girls who went to college to get their "Bachelor degree in husband finding"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »

OMG that is funny

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2009, 02:20:08 PM »
I knew plenty of girls who went to college to get their "Bachelor degree in husband finding"

My grandma always said that she went to Vanderbilt to get her Mrs. Degree  :D

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
Seriously dude?!?!  You reference the AJC blogs as a resource for football recruiting info... LMAO!!  You have no idea how little creditibilty that gives you. 

Seriously, dude, I should have learned long ago that everything one reads on an Internet message board is 100 percent true.
Awesome argument you've got there: ignore what the player and coach say publicly, and instead believe what's said by an anonymous "insider" on a premium message board - which you know very well I'm not going to pay for.
And, regarding the AJC, are you suggesting they fabricated the quites attributed to the player and his coach? Otherwise, I don't understand your point.

Instead of trying to discredit me, why don't you just accept the fact that some recruits read these message boards and it may have an impact on their decisions.  If it impacts one potential MU recruit, that's one too many in my book.

I don't need to discredit you. You're doing fine yourself by offering zero proof to support your claims. Not once have I stated that recruits don't read message boards. In fact, I said the opposite.
I do, however, doubt your claim that players de-commit and make other recruiting decisions because of what they read on an Internet message board.
Let's try again: please provide me with a link proving that players de-commit because of what they read on an Internet message board.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2009, 03:58:55 PM »
Seriously, dude, I should have learned long ago that everything one reads on an Internet message board is 100 percent true.
Awesome argument you've got there: ignore what the player and coach say publicly, and instead believe what's said by an anonymous "insider" on a premium message board - which you know very well I'm not going to pay for.
And, regarding the AJC, are you suggesting they fabricated the quites attributed to the player and his coach? Otherwise, I don't understand your point.

I don't need to discredit you. You're doing fine yourself by offering zero proof to support your claims. Not once have I stated that recruits don't read message boards. In fact, I said the opposite.
I do, however, doubt your claim that players de-commit and make other recruiting decisions because of what they read on an Internet message board.
Let's try again: please provide me with a link proving that players de-commit because of what they read on an Internet message board.

because Tiger came out after every affair and said that he was having one.

Are you delusional enough to think that more goes on 'behind the scenes' than what is said at press conferences?

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2009, 04:06:51 PM »
I don't need to discredit you. You're doing fine yourself by offering zero proof to support your claims.

Better yet, why don't you provide a link to an article where a player said that message board speculation did NOT impact their recruitment?  See two people can play this game.  

As far as discrediting myself, I have a hard time seeing that.  Proof was provided... names of SEC recruits where message board comments/ speculation/ rumors impacted their decision.  I'm sure you're not that naive to think that what a player or coach would tell a newspaper is the same thing as what they tell a recruiting expert.  If you want to question the recruiting expert's info, well that is your choice.  Again, it's your decision to believe what you want but what do I have to gain by making this stuff up?  Message board street cred?  While I know that's important for some people on this board, I think that is pretty damn pathetic and contrary to your opinion, i'm not that pathetic.

Last comment i'll make is this... believe what you want, obviously my opinion or info won't sway you.  Have a Merry Christmas, don't forget to keep the CHRIST in CHRISTMAS and GO WARRIORS!!!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2009, 05:08:08 PM »
Better yet, why don't you provide a link to an article where a player said that message board speculation did NOT impact their recruitment?  See two people can play this game.  

Fine, I'll name three guys. I won't offer you any proof. Won't link you to any articles. I'll just name them.

Proof was provided... names of SEC recruits where message board comments/ speculation/ rumors impacted their decision.  I'm sure you're not that naive to think that what a player or coach would tell a newspaper is the same thing as what they tell a recruiting expert.  If you want to question the recruiting expert's info, well that is your choice.  Again, it's your decision to believe what you want but what do I have to gain by making this stuff up?  Message board street cred?  While I know that's important for some people on this board, I think that is pretty damn pathetic and contrary to your opinion, i'm not that pathetic.

Your "proof" consisted of three names and the encouragement to go spend my money and time in the hopes that I might find an Internet insider who agrees with you. Thank you, no.
A tad sensitive? Sorry to have hurt your feelings by asking you to back up what your claim. I'll assume you're not a scientist, lawyer or member of any other profession where people have to provide evidence.

p.s. Be careful what you say about Christ on our message boards. You'll kill MU's chances with future Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, wiccan, agnostic and atheist recruits.  ;)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2009, 06:38:08 PM »
You're new so I'll just link you to why Blue decommitted from UW@Madison instead of being a jerk to you for saying stupid things before you're even 10 posts deep into this forum.

I can't say crap.  I stand corrected.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2009, 08:14:32 PM »
Every single major recruit in the country has someone checking the message boards of their prospective schools.  Whether they do it themselves, or their parents/relatives, friends, coaches, teachers...someone is reading the boards to try to gauge the fanbase of the school.  They want to see how we talk about our players, how we talk about our coaches, how we talk about recruits.  They want to see whether players get ripped after bad games, they want to see how much support players get after good games.  You can pretty much guarantee that someone close to a recruit is logging into these sites every day to see what we say and how we say it.

Whether or not something like a message board should factor into a kid's college decision is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is it does.
In the past year alone MU has been involved in the recruitment of at least three if not more players that either committed to a school or chose not to commit to a school either in part or wholly because of comments on a message board.

You can complain about it all you want or deny it all you want but to do so is to be ignorant.  The reality is that what is said on message boards has an effect on the program, whether you want it to or not.

If this is as common as you claim it is, there would be a lot less people commiting to places like UK or Duke.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 08:25:48 PM by MUSF »

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »
the hostess said lend me your ear
the recruit replied he wanted her rear
her panties went droppin
her head started bobbin
when you're done please bring me a beer

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »
As BMA said, there is no good that can come from the board continuing down the path of bashing an 18 year kid.

An 18 year old is not a child to be coddled.  He is an adult, fully capable of entering into an agreement of his own volition.  And he should be held responsible for reneging on his commitments.  That he has likely been treated like glass and shielded from criticism since he was young, only for that treatment to continue into adulthood by his enablers, makes the situation worse.  He will likely continue to make poor decisions well into his adult life, while believing that he is not in the wrong and that, even if he were, the responsibilities that come with such poor decisions are not his.

A lot can be said about a person during trying times and frankly, we have failed to portray the christian  values we should have learned at Marquette.

Marquette exists to educate young adults, not to imbue them with some sort of Christian-only empathy.  Valuing the opinions, feelings, and experiences of others is not a trait that is exclusive to Christianity.  It is a human trait borne of the our innate need for community, because, at the root of it all, humans are really just pack animals.

feedback