[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Belling is using this board against MU  (Read 24001 times)

Badgerhater

• All American
Re: Belling is using this board against MU
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »
Belling has a talent for tweaking people who take things far too seriously.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 07:19:46 PM »
Belling has a talent for tweaking people who take things far too seriously.

and don't you forget
high talent in ball juggling
mark belling has it
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
Oh, that's a load of crap. This is a fan message board and the team's most high profile recruit just walked out on the team. Everybody is supposed to just talk about North Florida? Get real.

Agreed.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 07:42:55 PM »
Agreed.  If you want to take what one post says and generalize it to stereotype all Marquette fans, the team, and anyone associated with the program then go right ahead.  That's just ignorant; especially when people can hide behind screen names and anonymity.  True fans take a lot of pride in their team and sometimes take things like this personally because they care.  It may not be right to ridicule when we don't know the whole story but I don't think it's too far fetched to connect the dots on this one.  Post what you want but don't chastise others because they say what they feel.  The kid is 18, not 6, we don't need to play patty cake with him.  Grow a pair.

[edit]  Tell you what... say what you want but when Vander decommits because of this incessant whining about his best friend, DON'T come back here crying.  As BMA said, there is no good that can come from the board continuing down the path of bashing an 18 year kid.  Say what you want, but this board represents the MU community and don't be naive to think that the vast majority of the folks outside the board will not stereotype us based off the last few days.  A lot can be said about a person during trying times and frankly, we have failed to portray the christian  values we should have learned at Marquette.

If you want to talk about the impact to the team or potential recruits or how future classes should be comprised that's fine but leave the bashing of Jeronne off the board and call your buddy and tell him about it.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:55:39 PM by SoCalwarrior »
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »
Are you guys freaking serious? Go listen to the audio ... it's the first ten minutes or so of the 2nd hour of the podcast.

Belling makes no allusion to this board or anything that could possible be considered news that this site broke. I'm completely convinced that he doesn't even know this site (and maybe the Scout board) exists or, if he does, that he has ever, and I mean EVER, checked it after a breaking story.

There is absolutely no way he could be so ignorant of the situation with Maymon or of Marquette basketball generally and have checked out this site even for 5-10 minutes. Seriously. I don't think there is a single person close to him who has graduated from MU or any affiliation with Marquette.

Twice, and not in the same moment, he made the point that sources of his "in Madison" had told him that the "news was out in Wisconsin" that if you "can't get into the University of Wisconsin - Madison" that "Marquette will accept you and Buzz Williams will do anything to get you to come to MU."

Belling is a total idiot, but I suspect an ignorant one rather than a malicious one. What is certain is that the Bucky fanbase is pure slime, made all the more outrageous when you consider that as a private school Marquette cannot make up and afford to fund with taxpayer dollars fake majors like "Agricultural Journalism" for their Ron Dayne (sp)-like student athletes while Marquette student athletes have the same majors, and sit in the same classes, as regular Marquette students, all in at least somewhat legitimate academic fields.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 07:52:18 PM »

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 07:56:19 PM »
anyone have a link to the podcast so i can listen to it?

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 07:59:10 PM »
If you go to belling.com you'll see a link for it.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 08:00:10 PM »
when Vander decommits because of this incessant whining about his best friend, DON'T come back here crying
Incessant whining -- that's one helluva sweeping generalization. Didn't this happen about 48 hours ago?

If "incessant whining about his best friend" would be the reason he would decommit from MU, then that would indeed say a ton about him, and ultimately, that isn't the kind of kid we would want here anyway. But that's just me.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
Are you guys freaking serious? Go listen to the audio ... it's the first ten minutes or so of the 2nd hour of the podcast.

Belling makes no allusion to this board or anything that could possible be considered news that this site broke. I'm completely convinced that he doesn't even know this site (and maybe the Scout board) exists or, if he does, that he has ever, and I mean EVER, checked it after a breaking story.

There is absolutely no way he could be so ignorant of the situation with Maymon or of Marquette basketball generally and have checked out this site even for 5-10 minutes. Seriously. I don't think there is a single person close to him who has graduated from MU or any affiliation with Marquette.

Twice, and not in the same moment, he made the point that sources of his "in Madison" had told him that the "news was out in Wisconsin" that if you "can't get into the University of Wisconsin - Madison" that "Marquette will accept you and Buzz Williams will do anything to get you to come to MU."

Belling is a total idiot, but I suspect an ignorant one rather than a malicious one. What is certain is that the Bucky fanbase is pure slime, made all the more outrageous when you consider that as a private school Marquette cannot make up and afford to fund with taxpayer dollars fake majors like "Agricultural Journalism" for their Ron Dayne (sp)-like student athletes while Marquette student athletes have the same majors, and sit in the same classes, as regular Marquette students, all in at least somewhat legitimate academic fields.

to clarify, its the second 15 minutes of the second hour if you happen to download it

it can be downloaded for free via itunes

"if a player can't get into Wisconsin, Buzz will find a way to get them into Marquette... meanwhile Marquette acts that they are holyer that thou" WOW
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »

I like many of your assumptions, where do I sign up for your newsletter?

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »
"the kids who can't get into madison because they won't play the game of changing their test scores can always get into marquette"

who has been changing test scores??
BEARS STILL SUCK

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
lol, welcome to the Mark Belling show.

refer to my first post in the thread.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »
[edit]  Tell you what... say what you want but when Vander decommits because of this incessant whining about his best friend, DON'T come back here crying.  

Tell you what... I won't.

If any recruit is willing to walk away from a program because fans criticized his friend after HE QUIT THE TEAM, then I don't really want them here anyway.  I hope Vander is smart enough not to hitch his future to the Maymons.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 08:39:21 PM »
i just finished listening. really disappointed by the lack of haiku's
BEARS STILL SUCK

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 09:02:37 PM »
Curtis Loew
Tune up that dobro
The finest picker to ever play the blues

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 10:01:24 PM »
[edit]  Tell you what... say what you want but when Vander decommits because of this incessant whining about his best friend, DON'T come back here crying.  As BMA said, there is no good that can come from the board continuing down the path of bashing an 18 year kid.  Say what you want, but this board represents the MU community and don't be naive to think that the vast majority of the folks outside the board will not stereotype us based off the last few days.  A lot can be said about a person during trying times and frankly, we have failed to portray the christian  values we should have learned at Marquette.

If you want to talk about the impact to the team or potential recruits or how future classes should be comprised that's fine but leave the bashing of Jeronne off the board and call your buddy and tell him about it.

Do you seriously believe Vander Blue is going to "decommit" based on a bunch of posts on a website?  Wow.  You must think you are a lot more important than you are.  I wonder if Tiger "decommitted" from golf because of all the bad things ESPN said about him.  When Vander Blue comes out in a press conference and says "I am decommitting from Marquette because of all those bad, nasty messages on MUscoop.com.  They don't portray the Christian values they should have learned at Marquette."  Then I will happily tell you you were right.  Until then, stop taking everything so seriously and stop preaching to everyone.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 10:08:51 PM »
Belling = Towny (Blowhard - Brain) + ignorant(doucher).  That is a real equation.  I looked it up.  On line.

He smokes Rush's pole and is a nobody.  Who cares?

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »
Belling = Towny (Blowhard - Brain) + ignorant(doucher).  That is a real equation.  I looked it up.  On line.

He smokes Rush's pole and is a nobody.  Who cares?

That is the best post in this entire column.  Thank you.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 06:15:52 AM »
Every single major recruit in the country has someone checking the message boards of their prospective schools.  Whether they do it themselves, or their parents/relatives, friends, coaches, teachers...someone is reading the boards to try to gauge the fanbase of the school.  They want to see how we talk about our players, how we talk about our coaches, how we talk about recruits.  They want to see whether players get ripped after bad games, they want to see how much support players get after good games.  You can pretty much guarantee that someone close to a recruit is logging into these sites every day to see what we say and how we say it.

Whether or not something like a message board should factor into a kid's college decision is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is it does.
In the past year alone MU has been involved in the recruitment of at least three if not more players that either committed to a school or chose not to commit to a school either in part or wholly because of comments on a message board.

You can complain about it all you want or deny it all you want but to do so is to be ignorant.  The reality is that what is said on message boards has an effect on the program, whether you want it to or not.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 06:42:34 AM »
Every single major recruit in the country has someone checking the message boards of their prospective schools.  Whether they do it themselves, or their parents/relatives, friends, coaches, teachers...someone is reading the boards to try to gauge the fanbase of the school.  They want to see how we talk about our players, how we talk about our coaches, how we talk about recruits.  They want to see whether players get ripped after bad games, they want to see how much support players get after good games.  You can pretty much guarantee that someone close to a recruit is logging into these sites every day to see what we say and how we say it.

Whether or not something like a message board should factor into a kid's college decision is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is it does.
In the past year alone MU has been involved in the recruitment of at least three if not more players that either committed to a school or chose not to commit to a school either in part or wholly because of comments on a message board.

You can complain about it all you want or deny it all you want but to do so is to be ignorant.  The reality is that what is said on message boards has an effect on the program, whether you want it to or not.

Show me a message board that doesn't criticize a kid for quitting the team after 10 games.

This is all nonsense!! The guy quit the team!

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 07:43:25 AM »
Show me a message board that doesn't criticize a kid for quitting the team after 10 games.

This is all nonsense!! The guy quit the team!
AMEN!!!!!!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 07:58:59 AM »
Do you seriously believe Vander Blue is going to "decommit" based on a bunch of posts on a website?  Wow.  You must think you are a lot more important than you are.  I wonder if Tiger "decommitted" from golf because of all the bad things ESPN said about him. 

Seriously....that's the best analogy you could come up with?

I do think many of us here are acting with a clear lack of perspective with the whole Maymon situation.  I have no problem questioning why he is leaving and the apparent foolishness of his father, but our over the top insults about his grades and his game, and culminating with the posting of court records shows how bad we can be.

And yeah, I can see how this could turn off not only Vander Blue but other potential recruits as well.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 08:04:29 AM »
The guy quit the team.   It hurts the team in the short term, and unless some stunning new bit of information comes out, it reflects poorly on the young man and his entourage.    But it is the height of hypocrisy to trash the BADger fans on the message boards for the way they treated Blue and then act the EXACT same way toward Jeronne.    Either your MU education means something or it doesn't.    To say that this is a message board and other people on other boards trash their players or rivals so it is not only ok but mandatory that we act the same way is the same weak argument we all used to our parents to try to get them to let us do something we knew we shouldn't.      BMA is right, prospective players and their parents read this stuff.   Do you want to help MU out?    Rise above it.    Show prospective players that their IS something different about Marquette.    

Marquette is special
Prove it to all that watch us
Rise above Maymon
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 08:26:04 AM »
See, here's the flaw in that thinking.  Marquette fans are just like every other fan base .. there's a bell curve distribution of people, from the saintly, to the sinner.  (UW, ND, UL, UK, NC, KU, DU, etc have their curve skewed toward sinner, of course).

Every fanbase has that curve.  If recruits are reading these boards, all they can really do is observe how far left or right the curve is, but no program will have perfect fans, much the chagrin of the saintly.

Thinking each and every one of the 3,500 Scoop users are going to "rise above it" is just that:  a dream.   -- Personally, I haven't written my thoughts about Maymon's poor choice, but I don't fault someone who does .. and I expect it to happen.   

The concept that MU's fanbase will be/should be full of let-bygones-be-bygones, forgiving, dispassionate fans who will bake a "Thanks for all the Memories" cake for Maymon .. is utopian, sure, and foolish.