[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114095 times)

LON

• All American
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »
Vikes go 0-16 and the team moves to LA before the playoffs even start.

/homer'd

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4424660

Going to be awesome to watch how Childress handles this (which is to say doesn't handle this) when Favre goes bust!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 05:40:43 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4424660

Going to be awesome to watch how Childress handles this (which is to say doesn't handle this) when Favre goes bust!

Not surprising at all.

If they lose, the Favre move will be blamed (and probably rightfully so).

If they win, Favre will be hailed as a great veteran who brought a winning attitude.

It will come down to W's and L's. Divided locker room or not. "Just win baby" is the approach this season.

Plain and simple.

Moonboots

• Starter
Re: NFC Central Pissing Match
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 06:39:56 PM »
 Vikings actually play in the NFC North.  As we know, the consensus pick to win the division is Minnesota.  I think the question is how long it takes.  Minnesota starts off with a couple of road games that are winnable (Cleveland and Detroit), then we head home for the 49ers and GB (again, very winnable games).  If we stumble out of the gate, things could get interesting.  But, if we get through the first four at 4-0 and 3-1, I feel great about wrapping this thing up early.  

People think the Bears have the best o-line?  Crazy.  If Loadholt holds his weight and Sullivan is servicable at center, we are golden.  Not many people talk about AD being injury prone anymore like they did when he came into the league, but the possibility of an injury to him scares me probably more than anything else.    

So you're talking about question marks on 2/5 of your offensive line, one involving a rookie starting right tackle and the other about replacing all pro center Matt Birk, but you're going to be "golden"?  That's interesting.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 08:06:20 AM »
You beat me to it PXI

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 07:34:38 AM »
In terms of schedule...all 3 teams play the same 14 teams, its the extra 2 where the Packers may have an advantage.

GBP - @ TB, vs. DAL
MIN -  @ CAR, vs. NYG
CHI - @ ATL, vs. PHI

All teams play the entire NFCW and AFCN.

In my opinion, it will be decided in the last 5 weeks. Looking at the schedules there:

Vikings
@ AZ
Cincy
@ Car
@ Chi
NYG

Bears
Stl
GB
@ Bal
Min
@ Det

Pack
Bal
@ Chi
@ Pit
Sea
@ Az

If it comes down to these final five weeks with the 3 teams locked tight, the Bears have a huge advantage. They'd essentially control their own destiny, getting both the Vikings and Packers at home, mix in the Rams and Lions in there, and it's advantage Chicago. A lot of football has to be played before that however.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 07:54:14 AM »
The FootballOutsiders.com statistical analysis has the Bears as the team most likely to finish with the #1 seed in the NFC.

So much for consensus.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
The FootballOutsiders.com statistical analysis has the Bears as the team most likely to finish with the #1 seed in the NFC.

So much for consensus.

Definitions are subjective in Minnesota.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
http://n2.nabble.com/Brett-Favre-Drama-Queen-td3472139.html

Drama Queen.

For you Viking fans, Favre will lose more games than AP will win.
Be prepared for an egomaniacal heartache.

For you Bear fans, Cutler is just gonna get frustrated because the system sucks and so does the surrounding personel.

For you Lion fans, Stafford will help with a 4 win season-not too shabby.

For the Packer fans, still no run game and no run stop game (don't trust the 3-4 yet), but the Pack-Attack will be able to throw the football all over the place.  

I agree with the first to 9 wins gets the division.  Let it be the Pack-Attack (Big time homer pick, but this is a pissing match and Rodgers is the big D*** around town).

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:27:16 PM by pillardean »
Marquette University, Spring '08

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 04:03:17 PM »
Favre claims to have a cracked rib, even though he appears nowhere on the injury report (Don't teams sometimes get fined for such things, or is that only in the regular season?).

How convenient for him to throw this little nugget out before tonight's game knowing full well the Monday Night Boo Ya crowd will lap it up and beg for more. Another built in excuse should he put up a poor performance.

Will Viking fans turn on him before or after the bye week?

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 04:48:03 PM »

Well, a logical fan would probably truthfully acknowledge that he wasn't what they wanted around week 3. 

But we are talking about Minnesotans and Viking fans.  Including the decreased IQ into the "fandom expectations and is it ok to boo yet" equation.  I predict they will lose favor in favre around week 14 and demand Jackson Back.
Marquette University, Spring '08

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
Favre claims to have a cracked rib, even though he appears nowhere on the injury report (Don't teams sometimes get fined for such things, or is that only in the regular season?).

How convenient for him to throw this little nugget out before tonight's game knowing full well the Monday Night Boo Ya crowd will lap it up and beg for more. Another built in excuse should he put up a poor performance.

The excuses are starting, and we aren't even to week 1 yet?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »
I hear his vajay-jay is hurting too...

What a b!tch

I think I'm going to start calling the Minnesota Vikings the Brett Favre's, since they have clearly made 1 player bigger than the rest of their whole franchise.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:34:19 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »
Can Favre even throw the ball to a receiver who is more than 5 yards away with ANY accuracy whatsoever?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »
Can Favre even throw the ball to a receiver who is more than 5 yards away with ANY accuracy whatsoever?

Yes. I'm pretty sure a starting NFL QB can throw it more than 5 yards accurately.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »
Yes. I'm pretty sure a starting NFL QB can throw it more than 5 yards accurately.
Really?  Weird, I couldn't tell based on tonight.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
I hear his vajay-jay is hurting too...

What a b!tch

I think I'm going to start calling the Minnesota Vikings the Brett Favre's, since they have clearly made 1 player bigger than the rest of their whole franchise.

You better hope rugbydrummer doesn't read this post.  Dude, give it up -- AD is the man of this team, although there a ton of stars in Minnesota.  If Favre plays every game like he did tonight, which is 'OK', we're going to have a great season.  Our roster is flat out impressive and improved from last year... a year when we won the division championship and won 4 more games than Erin's club.
  We have a lot of if's... but if they turn to the good, for example.. Percy Harvin limits his rookie mistakes... Bernard Berrian gets healthy... look out, NFL.  If some things go wrong, we still win the division. 

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 10:04:19 PM »
Really?  Weird, I couldn't tell based on tonight.

That's a good point.

I never thought about it like that, but now that you mention it, that's pretty insightful.

On a related note, Adrian Peterson is going to average 10.6 yards per carry this season because that's what he averaged in 1/2 a game in the pre-season.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 10:42:06 PM »
On a related note, Adrian Peterson is going to average 10.6 yards per carry this season because that's what he averaged in 1/2 a game in the pre-season.
You think so?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 12:07:34 AM »
Farve is no Jay Cutler. NFC North is up for grabs

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 01:27:55 AM »
before everyone jumps on me for saying the preseason isn't worth anything, the packers have outscored their opponents by 66 when the first team is in. Their offense seems to be firing on all cylinders, if they can continue this pace of play packers should be able to get 10+ wins. Packers WRs are stacked and if they can get Jackson into the run game a bit more he and grant should be successful 1-2. I've very excited for the defense as well. I hope they can continue to get the turnovers they have been getting.  Offensively they have the best pass game in the division, though both Minnesota and Chicago can run the ball better. Defensively Vikings or Packers take the top slot.

Concerning the Vikings I'm still not sure that a 39 year old Brett Favre is better than Tavaris Jackson. (or at least that talent gap is big enough to justify signing Favre. Their defense is gonna be able to keep them in most games though.

With the bears, though Forte is golden, but who is Jay auntler going to throw to besides Greg Olsen? I'm even suprising myself by saying they are the 3rd best defense in the division, but I think that speaks to the quality of the division and my homerism.

I honestly cant really predict a winner of the division. North plays a relatively easy schedule this year. Every team plays the Cardinals and Steelers (and Ravens). Packers play the Cowboys, Vikings have the Giants and the bears play the Falcons (and eagles). These games could be the definitive games for each team

Oh and The lions will win 4 games maybe 5. Anymore and it's a great season. Stafford and Calvin Johnson are the making of some offensive weapons and within a few years if they continue to build they'll change the dynamic of the division.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 07:24:56 AM »
before everyone jumps on me for saying the preseason isn't worth anything, the packers have outscored their opponents by 66 when the first team is in. Their offense seems to be firing on all cylinders, if they can continue this pace of play packers should be able to get 10+ wins.

Concerning the Vikings I'm still not sure that a 39 year old Brett Favre is better than Tavaris Jackson. (or at least that talent gap is big enough to justify signing Favre. Their defense is gonna be able to keep them in most games though.

Look back to last year, chief.  The Packers had no problems scoring - they scored by far the most in the NFC North and I think they were about #3 in the conference in TD's scored.  Yet, they only won 6 games.  6 fricken games - pathetic.  "Ooh, but we were close" doesn't count in the NFL - be a winner, or you're the opposite.  10+ wins if the offense is firing on all cylinders.  Get real. 

I think* you mean Tarvaris Jackson, but maybe we've added a 5th QB over the past few hours.  I am sure Favre is leaps and bounds better (for this season) than Jackson.  I also believe Sage is a better option than Tarvaris and would hope we trade Tarvaris (even for a 6th round pick) and keep JDB. 

Keep on getting overly excited by preseason results -- it's the only time in 2009 you'll feel like you have a chance (although both GB and MINN are 3-0 thus far).
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 08:03:56 AM »
The Packer's problems last year were almost entirely on the defensive side of the ball.  The breakdowns in the fourth quarter were terrible.  Aaron Rodgers was a very good QB last year and will be better this year.

If Favre plays in control like he did last night, and realizes that Peterson is their main threat, the Vikings will win a lot of football games.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 08:11:18 AM »
 I think* you mean Tarvaris Jackson, but maybe we've added a 5th QB over the past few hours.

You would.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:14:19 AM by BirkieWarrior »