Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mbao Is Not A JUCO...  (Read 19528 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Mbao Is Not A JUCO...
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2009, 04:47:58 PM »
Why are we criticising people we have never met. Assuming Buzz is not a hypocite he is very concerned about people's character. Mbao was at Stonebridge because that was his opportunity to come to the United States. That has nothing to do with his character or intelligence. As far as kids coming from junior college that is probably more of a reflection on their support system than it is of their intelligence. My daughter who teaches in elementry school will tell you from experience her toughest kids to handle have parents who do not care. Her best students have parents that do care. Some kids strive to overcome this and the path takes them to junior college. Sure not every junior college person is going to be successful and a good citizen, but it is up to Buzz's staff to weed those people out. Until we actually find that Buzz's recruits are deficient in some way I see no reason for topics like this.

I don't think people were criticizing Mbao.  Nor should they.  People were criticizing Stoneridge, or at the very least have legitimate concerns about Stoneridge.   

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2009, 05:48:30 PM »
Source?

Maybe he is "fluent" in all languages. That still would not change my point.
Source is Coach Benford in the Milwaukee Journal as quoted by Todd Rosiak.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »
as stated, I only believe that there is the possibility, and it would seem that everyone else is blind to the possibility.

it should be a tiny bit 'fishy' to everyone... but I guess no one questions anything anymore.

by the way, the moon really is made of cheese.

I'll question the validity of it but I'll also assume that this practice is done almost universally at major colleges across the country.  That being said, we still have a 100% grad rate.  Does that just mean we're better at the 'fishy' stuff?  Maybe. But I also know that the tutoring and other academic services provided to the student athletes at Marquette is amazing.  I'm in the Al a lot and can say I know a number of athletes personally and the academic support they get is really, really good.  There's a reason our sports budget is so high per player...it goes to academic support.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2009, 09:26:54 PM »
There's a reason our sports budget is so high per player...it goes to academic support.

This is complete nonsense. The reason our spending has been so high is because our previous head coach has been like a sailor on shore leave, jetting off to coaching clinics, spring training games to see "good friend" Tony LaRussa, see "prospects" he had zero chance of landing, having his father in law on the payroll for well more than 6 figures, taking limos to wake up entire neighborhoods in the middle of the night. You'll see a significant drop in spending since Buzz apparently has much larger male genatalia and, therefore, a lower desire to feed his ego.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
Not to mention spending money on hyperbaric chambers, karate lessons, tackling tummies, and chartering DWade in to impress the aforementioned recipient of said limo in neighborhood at midnight.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »
This is complete nonsense. The reason our spending has been so high is because our previous head coach has been like a sailor on shore leave, jetting off to coaching clinics, spring training games to see "good friend" Tony LaRussa, see "prospects" he had zero chance of landing, having his father in law on the payroll for well more than 6 figures, taking limos to wake up entire neighborhoods in the middle of the night. You'll see a significant drop in spending since Buzz apparently has much larger male genatalia and, therefore, a lower desire to feed his ego.
I don't always agree with you but you never fail to crack me up. One of the qualities that TC seems to lack (along with many of his ardent supporters) is a sense of humor. I'd pay to hear you, 4ever and a few of our other posters roast TC. There certainly seems to be no shortage of material.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2009, 09:01:46 AM »
Not to mention spending money on hyperbaric chambers, karate lessons, tackling tummies, and chartering DWade in to impress the aforementioned recipient of said limo in neighborhood at midnight.

Also, ATVs and exorbitant salaries for his assistants to prevent them from fleeing.

feedback