Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aaron Bowen - Second Thoughts?  (Read 14860 times)

radome

• Team Captain
Re: Aaron Bowen - Second Thoughts?
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »
I like how the article gives Buzz credit for seeing his potential before everyone else did. I think that is the only way that we can recruit with the North Carolinas out there.

I am still confused though, is Bowen still committed and just a misinterpretation in the article or is there something there that those in the know are hearing?When can a 2010 recruit sign a LOI?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 04:12:20 PM »
As far as I know he's still committed.   But we need to maintain/strengthen our bonds with the kid now that Dale Layer his lead recruiter is gone.   We'll see if Buzz can get the job done. 

4thAndState

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »
I like how the article gives Buzz credit for seeing his potential before everyone else did. I think that is the only way that we can recruit with the North Carolinas out there.

I am still confused though, is Bowen still committed and just a misinterpretation in the article or is there something there that those in the know are hearing?When can a 2010 recruit sign a LOI?

Current HS juniors (2010 recruit) that have verballed can sign their LOI during the "early signing period" -- November 2009. That's when we expect Bowen to sign.

strobl2

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
Now that Layer is gone I have a feeling that he might be reconsidering his options, especially since he has a long time before he has to sign. If his stock keeps rising it may be hard to keep him since MU is very far away from his home. Buzz and his staff need to keep on this kid so he doesn't slip away in the next few months.

duval09

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 09:20:35 PM »
Bowen has not decommited.  He is still on board with MU.  He did have a nice r'ship with coach Layer but he understands that he has committed to the school not the coach.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 05:34:02 AM »
Wow. Very nice and strong statement from someone close based on the name. Thanks for the info.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 08:00:32 AM »
Duval '09 - Have you seen him play?  Wolfson's a little out of the way for me and I've managed to miss seeing him this year.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 08:05:50 AM »
Wow. Very nice and strong statement from someone close based on the name. Thanks for the info.

Someone close based on the name?  Enlighten me.

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 08:39:04 AM »
Wolfson HS is in Duval County

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »
Wolfson HS is in Duval County

Kind of a stretch, doncha' think?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 11:56:14 AM »
I don't think it's a stretch at all.

BTW everyone, I love MU and I'm still committed.  I just had a discussion with Buzz yesterday, we talked about Liam's health issues and who's not returning next year.

I will error on the side of gullibility, rather than being an ass.

Welcome to MU!  Really looking forward to you suiting up in the Blue and Gold.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 12:01:40 PM »
I had the same debate, reinko.   If you are Aaron, welcome to MU and we look forward to your career.   If it isn't, well played.     ;D
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 12:31:04 PM »
I will say this i think Aaron is going to have a great summer and a great Senior year.  I then think AAron will be at Mu to become the next great 2 guard at MU, as the table is set for him to step in and get big time minutes immediately. 

I think, like Butch Lee, Dwyane Wade, Tony Smith, Jerel McNeal, Doc Rivers and other great MU guards he will have a great career at MU. I predict All Big East as a freshman in the best basketball conference ever created where he will hone his skills against NBA talent on his team and opposing BE teams every practice and game.   

He will be a All- BE selection before he graduates and moves on to a wonderful career in professional basketball.  All the while practicing in the best basketball practice facility in the nation and playing in one of the finest facilities in front of with out a doubt the best crowds in the country and be tutored by one of the best young head coaches in the country.  I also beleive Aaron will play in a Final four and compete for a National Title, with all this talent before he leaves. 

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »
I had the same debate, reinko.   If you are Aaron, welcome to MU and we look forward to your career.   If it isn't, well played.     ;D

"Aaron" seems to be very informed as to some of the politics involved in sharing of information from other sources.......and....appears to have weighed in on what he believes in that regard.......
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:43:54 PM by detroitwarrior »
Once a warrior always a warrior.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »
reinko, tower, I guess I'll fall into the category of gullible and hopeful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »
Uh, yeah, that's not Aaron Bowen, unless he's relocated to St. Louis, and has a @SLU.edu email address.

Everyone else can stop being gullible now.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »
If a recruit did show up on MUscoop, would it be a recruiting violation based on the whole facebook ruling? Do you have to lock it if it is the recruit? I would hate to contribute to a violation.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »
I am still unsure how the NCAA can consider a facebook group a recruiting violation since there is nothing being provided to the recruit, and the institution is not involved and does not support or own facebook groups.

but of course, I do not know the ins and outs of their laws... only that they seem a tad outlandish.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »
Uh, yeah, that's not Aaron Bowen, unless he's relocated to St. Louis, and has a @SLU.edu email address.

Everyone else can stop being gullible now.

Boy do I feel like a goober now.  Some kid from my safety school burned me.  Enjoy the slow painful death of being a bottom feeder in the A-10.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 04:10:48 PM »
I thought it was self-evident that I was ripping on that Duval09 character, and anyone who would believe by creating a screen name that person suddenly has standing to make comment on Aaron Bowen's recruitment.  That's why I threw in the BS about liam and other inside info.  I didn't mean to sound like I was pretending to be a recruit.

It's a bit scary, however, that the moderator would make public my location and enough of my email address to connect me with a university.  I know for damn sure I clicked the button demanding privacy of email.

So, how about it moderator, is it alright now to list someone's email address, as long as you don't give all the letters away?  My name is Gr_gory Orozco?
Sorry buddy, yo are violating the trust of other posters by setting up the account the way you did and saying what you did.  The moderators should put you out of your misery.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 04:12:32 PM »
What he said. 

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 04:15:03 PM »
Totally agree. Ban the D-bag for getting impersonating an MU commit.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 04:17:27 PM »
It's a bit scary, however, that the moderator would make public my location and enough of my email address to connect me with a university.  I know for damn sure I clicked the button demanding privacy of email.

So, how about it moderator, is it alright now to list someone's email address, as long as you don't give all the letters away?  My name is Gr_gory Orozco?

Wow, I certainly hope that the mods don't reveal that my email address includes @gmail.com.  Armed with that information, a monkey hacking at a computer keyboard could eventually send me an email offering a male enchancement product.

Edited to add:  my smart-ass comment aside, I don't disagree with your general point.  There's a reason that they don't let users access the IP addresses and email addresses.  Also, I understood exactly your point and had no doubt that you weren't Bowen.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:20:14 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »
These aren't the droids you are looking for.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 04:30:01 PM »
As I said earlier, well played.   And if Aaron Bowen DOES sometime happen across this board, I stick by my earlier statement as well. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback