[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:16:57 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Frozena on Sportscenter!  (Read 27618 times)

mufan45

• Walk-On
Re: Frozena on Sportscenter!
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2009, 04:28:57 PM »
First off, the fact that there's someone ripping on Frozena is just ridiculous. He's clearly a crowd favorite, and if you know ANYTHING about the team or any of the players personally, you would know that Rob is a favorite. He gives up countless hours of his time where he could be doing much better things that would pay off more for him, but no, he sacrificies his time for the benefit of the team. He gives up his time for what, 1 minute of playing time against Seton Hall? Get of the guys back, hes a great player, and in regard to finding someone at the rec who could play better, id love to see it, maybe you could play rob 1-1. he'd dunk all over your ass, yes he can dunk. Get your facts right, get a life, and leave the guy alone. 

mufan45

• Walk-On
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 04:41:38 PM »
Straight from the coach himself in regards to Frozena. "He's the absolute best teammate that puts on a Marquette uniform," Golden Eagles first-year coach Buzz Williams said. "He'll have a place here as long as he wants to be here." I think that best represents why he's on the team... idiot, why dont you rip wade while your at it. I can go on the frozena argument all day long buddy, keep your ignorant comments coming

LON

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
First off, the fact that there's someone ripping on Frozena is just ridiculous. He's clearly a crowd favorite, and if you know ANYTHING about the team or any of the players personally, you would know that Rob is a favorite. He gives up countless hours of his time where he could be doing much better things that would pay off more for him, but no, he sacrificies his time for the benefit of the team. He gives up his time for what, 1 minute of playing time against Seton Hall? Get of the guys back, hes a great player, and in regard to finding someone at the rec who could play better, id love to see it, maybe you could play rob 1-1. he'd dunk all over your ass, yes he can dunk. Get your facts right, get a life, and leave the guy alone. 

Frozena can dunk!?!

1617novakn

• Walk-On
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 04:56:30 PM »
I love Frozena and respect all of the hard-work that he puts into the team, but I sure as hell would give everything up for the chance to be in his shoes and be able to put in that hardwork - assuming I was good enough - which I am not.

A lot of college kids would KILL to be in his shoes and to play with the team and travel and buddy around with the players we all look up to. Frozena gets the best seat in the house watching players we love - dont cry over his hard work (playing the game he loves) too much.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 04:58:50 PM »
I can't stand Frozena and how the crowd worships him.  Honestly, can we cut him and sign another big man for next year?

We do not need scrawny little boys in a man's league.

fjg44

• Walk-On
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/39759662.html?c=y&index=11&page=0

This says it all.  It about the team.  PERIOD.

That picture is my new background.  What a great team we have this year. I was pulling for him when he was shooting the free throws against St. Johns.  I felt sick after he missed the second one.  Somehow this thread made me feel even worse.  Some people need to get a life.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »
At least ripping on Frozen-A lets people stop ripping on James, McNeal, Cuby, Acker and Burke for a little while. 

mufan45

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »
I can't stand Frozena and how the crowd worships him.  Honestly, can we cut him and sign another big man for next year?

Wow you are moron, obviously if we could get a big man, we would. Rob is taking nothing away from the team. He doesn't even have a scholarship, so your argument doesn't really make sense. Study up on the basketball team and then come back.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2009, 05:29:57 PM »

I can't understand how people can't like him.  As stated multiple teams before in this thread, he busts his ass to help our guys and his role?  To sit on the bench and be the best supporter of the guys and I think he does a damn good job.  Like the last poster said, he's not a scholarship player, so I respect every effort he has given, and I think he should get a chance to play the final minute.  The guys love him, the fans love him.  This isn't professional basketball where guys make millions, while it is still very serious there is a fun aspect to it.  Most of these guys are kids more or less so I think having fun is important.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2009, 05:52:29 PM »

2nd dumbest post ever. I hope you meant to use teal font...otherwise you're a moron just like Erick. GOTTA LOVE THE WALK ONS!! BTW...Ol' Robbie's playing with Trevor's scholarship this season...and it's well earned!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2009, 07:09:41 PM »
Wow you are moron, obviously if we could get a big man, we would. Rob is taking nothing away from the team. He doesn't even have a scholarship, so your argument doesn't really make sense. Study up on the basketball team and then come back.

I am sure the reason a 5 star big man hasn't signed with us is that he is jealous of the attention Rob is getting.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
HOLY CRAP BALLS
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2009, 07:16:13 PM »
I leave the boards for about 16 hours and find this bash session... Let me make myself clear.

Frozena is great.  He accomplished things in basketball I wish I did.  Its awesome.  I am really happy for him.  I just HATE our bench situation.  Any time our bench (players who we will possibly need to contribute valuable minutes) can get PT, I think they should get them because our bench needs more practice, even if its a minute.  That is all I was saying.

To MUSCOOPERS== I never intended to bash the kid.  Saying he is not our best player, is just pointing out the obvious.  I am sure he is a hard worker.  Lets stick to the points and lets not get classless with the comments.  There is no reason to get personal on the board. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2009, 07:32:42 PM »
Says the guy who said "Frozena is awful"

MUWarrior06

• Starter
Re: HOLY CRAP BALLS
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »
I leave the boards for about 16 hours and find this bash session... Let me make myself clear.

Frozena is great.  He accomplished things in basketball I wish I did.  Its awesome.  I am really happy for him.  I just HATE our bench situation.  Any time our bench (players who we will possibly need to contribute valuable minutes) can get PT, I think they should get them because our bench needs more practice, even if its a minute.  That is all I was saying.

To MUSCOOPERS== I never intended to bash the kid.  Saying he is not our best player, is just pointing out the obvious.  I am sure he is a hard worker.  Lets stick to the points and lets not get classless with the comments.  There is no reason to get personal on the board. 

Really? Didn't intend to bash him? No need to get personal?

WHY?!?  Did this kid cure cancer?  Is he mentally handicapped?  I have no idea how he sees the court or is even on the team.

Ouch. Talk about bashing the kid, getting personal. What did he do to you? Let me ask YOU a question- has ANY player cured cancer? are ANY of our players mentally handicapped? Then why do you see people cheer when they score big buckets?

The kid never sees gametime, and sees even less shots. Let the team get excited when he makes a bucket

Most schools play more than 6 1/2 players...

Again, ouch... calling him 1/2 a player. For a second I thought I was watching Hoosiers. Bad taste man.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2009, 09:15:31 PM »
I think it's quite clear that throwing some of our more inexperienced bench players into games we're barely winning until halfway through the second half is a surefire way to screw things up.  I wish our bench had more depth and experience, but the injuries cost us a lot of learning and in-game time.  I think Buzz knows what he's doing.  I think we're getting along fine for our bench play, and come tournament time our guys will be hungry.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2009, 09:29:53 PM »
Ouch. Talk about bashing the kid, getting personal. What did he do to you? Let me ask YOU a question- has ANY player cured cancer? are ANY of our players mentally handicapped? Then why do you see people cheer when they score big buckets?

Again, ouch... calling him 1/2 a player. For a second I thought I was watching Hoosiers. Bad taste man.

Cancer thing (a joke) mentally handicapped (again, joke a la those HS kids who go in and score and the crowd goes wild).  Didn't know the board was this sensitive.  Again, I think our bench needs all the PT it can get... THAT'S ALL.

As for the 1/2 player... I was alluding to a quote made by another coach talking about Marquette's rotation.   
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

warrior_rugby15

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »

#2.  Those rec center players may be able to beat Frozena 1 on 1.  But there's very very few people who can actually put up with the coaches and their treatment during an entire season.  99% of Rec Center hotshots don't make it through the first tryout because they don't have the mental fortitude and attitude of a guy like Frozena.

The Rec Plex is where it is at, not the Rec Center.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2009, 11:19:06 PM »
ErickJD08 and  warrior55 :

I hate seeing posts like this....

Before you post comments like you did,  put yourself in his shoes, reading this garbage.... How do you think he feels reading this stuff?  Here is a kid who has worked so hard and given up a lot to attain a spot on the team - he hasn't demanded anything and has been nothing but a great practice player and supporter and you have the nerve to knock him down??? I've been to every Marquette game this season and he has been nothing but a positive influence on everyone associated with the team.

These are just kids...with feelings....

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2009, 11:54:31 PM »
Again, I think our bench needs all the PT it can get... THAT'S ALL.

One minute, at the end of the game, when both teams have their bench guys in, does NOT equal anything that could be considered quality playing time, or quality practice.   

At that point in the game, it's 10 kids on the floor, playing semi-organized street ball.  Our bench can get that kind of "playing time" any time they want. 

TJ

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2009, 09:20:17 AM »
One minute, at the end of the game, when both teams have their bench guys in, does NOT equal anything that could be considered quality playing time, or quality practice.   

At that point in the game, it's 10 kids on the floor, playing semi-organized street ball.  Our bench can get that kind of "playing time" any time they want. 
On top of this, when Frozena gets into a game it means the rest of the bench has already been cleared.  He was on the floor with 4 other seldom-used bench players.  He didn't take that minute away from anyone.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2009, 09:23:56 AM »
2nd dumbest post ever. I hope you meant to use teal font...otherwise you're a moron just like Erick. GOTTA LOVE THE WALK ONS!! BTW...Ol' Robbie's playing with Trevor's scholarship this season...and it's well earned!
This is why I hate teal on message boards - it becomes a crutch and people can't comprehend even the most obvious sarcasm unless its actually pointed out to them.  I will do that here:

The original poster (warrior55) does not actually think that Robert Frozena's being on the team or not being on the team will in anyway affect whether we can sign another big man for next year's team.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2009, 09:50:29 AM »
Here's the deal with Frozena -- every college basketball team that I've followed has had an "end of the bench" guy who was a crowd favorite (the "human victory cigar" someone called him...I love that term).  He rarely plays, and almost never scores.  There's always a murmur when he enters a game, a bit more noise every time he touches the ball and the crowd cheers wildly if he scores.  It was this way when I was at Marquette, and it's been this way with other teams that I've followed.  Hell, Ohio State's guy has his own website (google "club trillion" -- a very entertaining website) and he's parlayed his position into a minor celebrity status.  This is not unique to Frozena, Buzz or Marquette.  I can't remember the name of the guy when I was there, and it's likely that most of us won't remember Frozena's name in 20 years...but there will be another one just like him.

So, if you think Buzz shouldn't play him because others need the time, you're entitled to that opinion (even though I think most on here will disagree with you).  But, there's no sense being confused why everyone went nuts when he scored.  It's just the natural order of things in college basketball.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2009, 10:43:02 AM »
Here's the deal with Frozena -- every college basketball team that I've followed has had an "end of the bench" guy who was a crowd favorite (the "human victory cigar" someone called him...I love that term).  He rarely plays, and almost never scores.  There's always a murmur when he enters a game, a bit more noise every time he touches the ball and the crowd cheers wildly if he scores.  It was this way when I was at Marquette, and it's been this way with other teams that I've followed.  Hell, Ohio State's guy has his own website (google "club trillion" -- a very entertaining website) and he's parlayed his position into a minor celebrity status.  This is not unique to Frozena, Buzz or Marquette.  I can't remember the name of the guy when I was there, and it's likely that most of us won't remember Frozena's name in 20 years...but there will be another one just like him.

So, if you think Buzz shouldn't play him because others need the time, you're entitled to that opinion (even though I think most on here will disagree with you).  But, there's no sense being confused why everyone went nuts when he scored.  It's just the natural order of things in college basketball.

Before Frozena it was Tommy Brice.  We'll always have our "Rudy" to cheer for.  It adds a little flavor to the end of blow-outs :)

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2009, 01:37:44 PM »
ErickJD08 and  warrior55 :

I hate seeing posts like this....

Before you post comments like you did,  put yourself in his shoes, reading this garbage.... How do you think he feels reading this stuff?  Here is a kid who has worked so hard and given up a lot to attain a spot on the team - he hasn't demanded anything and has been nothing but a great practice player and supporter and you have the nerve to knock him down??? I've been to every Marquette game this season and he has been nothing but a positive influence on everyone associated with the team.

These are just kids...with feelings....

Do you really think a kid with a 3.99 GPA and a spot on the varsity b-ball team has time to read this board?

If so, I would hope he wouldn't care what a couple of random anonymous losers have to say. Winners don't worry about what losers say. It's the little people who will always try and knock you down.
We Are Marquette

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »
hilarious

feedback