[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Are you serious...?  (Read 6000 times)

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
Are you serious...?
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:45:35 PM »
There are currently 159 people on MUScoop, every day the site for Mcneal and James Senior Class and Bob Cousy awards are available to vote.  You can vote 1x a day.  I just checked and DJ only has 399 votes,  that is simply a terrible representation from MU fans.  Please vote for both of these guys every single day when coming to this site. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Are you serious...?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »
We will include the DJ link in the next email blast .. that should get him a bunch of votes.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:59:30 PM »
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but just because I went to MU does not mean I will vote for Dominic.  The cousy award is a special achievement and I could pick at least 4 players that have way outperformed him this year. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:05:55 PM »
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but just because I went to MU does not mean I will vote for Dominic.  The cousy award is a special achievement and I could pick at least 4 players that have way outperformed him this year. 

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

But if DJ wins, it can only mean more notoriety for the program and for one of the best players to don an MU jersey.
SS Marquette

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »
well for not trying you are doing a pretty good job of it.  I can not understand why someone can make the effort to come to this sight every day and not have the time or effort to move his index finger a few times to vote for these two guys that have had such a wonderful impact on MU basketball. Like 77champs says even if there are other guys more derserving it helps MU basketball.  Personally who cares if they are more deserving anyway, We are MArquette. 

Boy that post has me scratching my head maybe some people just do not get it.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:41:01 PM »
well for not trying you are doing a pretty good job of it.  I can not understand why someone can make the effort to come to this sight every day and not have the time or effort to move his index finger a few times to vote for these two guys that have had such a wonderful impact on MU basketball. Like 77champs says even if there are other guys more derserving it helps MU basketball.  Personally who cares if they are more deserving anyway, We are MArquette. 

Boy that post has me scratching my head maybe some people just do not get it.

Maybe we could sit down some time and you could enlighten me?  I think that would be great, I mean who cares who wins awards?  I think the whole yankee team should go to the all star game because they have the most fans!  That makes a lot of sense. 

I'm a MU fan, but also a fan of the game...and DJ does not deserve the award, he'd be the first to tell you that.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:45:52 PM »
you're asking people to vote, why don't you include a link to each for convenience?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »
Maybe we could sit down some time and you could enlighten me?  I think that would be great, I mean who cares who wins awards?  I think the whole yankee team should go to the all star game because they have the most fans!  That makes a lot of sense. 

I'm a MU fan, but also a fan of the game...and DJ does not deserve the award, he'd be the first to tell you that.

Alums like you kinda suck.  I try and help alums whenever I can, but alot of people don't.  People like you make our alum base pale in comparison ones like Notre Dame.  People may hate ND but I have seen their alums go out of their way and help each other out.

You say "who cares".  EXACTLY.  It means nothing to you but it means alot to a Marquette brother.  Help the guy out.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

MUWarrior06

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 07:58:57 PM »
you're asking people to vote, why don't you include a link to each for convenience?

+ 1,000,000,000

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 08:12:53 PM »
mr. hayward, etc. do suck.   But D James does deserve to be up for the

Cousy award.   His display on D and O this year has been exceptional.   His assist/turnover ratio is phenomenal. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 08:15:07 PM »

MUWarrior06

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »
"The Bob Cousy Award presented by The Hartford is given to the top collegiate male basketball point guard annually spanning across all divisions within the game by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.  The selection criteria emphasize leadership, team work (like taking 9 threes in a game after you missed 7 of the previous 8? or driving the lane versus 3-4 guys?), success, and fundamentals (like dribbling way too much and falling over as you lose the ball?) as being critical parts for the game of basketball as a point guard.  Nominations are solicited from across the country from head coaches and the winner is selected by a Blue Ribbon Selection Committee made up of the biggest names in college basketball. Nominations for the 2009 award have been collected.. Fans can now vote for Award Finalists."

I guess 2/4 ain't bad...

I still voted for him and will continue to do so as I log into this site, but I just think it's rather foolish to think that he is the deserving winner of this award. But, whatever, best of luck to him

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
DJs great but blind support is unjustified. Teague and Curry are more deserving. McNeal for big east player of the year is a more legitimate argument

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
You can actually  vote more than once per day.  Text from your cell phone, use each computer you have at work and at home AND, if you use any type of program like CCleaner, use it, and then vote again from the same computer.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:03:59 PM by Lighthouse 84 »
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »
It must suck to be Virgil Buensuceso.  He only has SIX VOTES!! 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »
Just out of curiosity, for the guys who don't think DJ is deserving...

...How many times have you watched the other finalists play?

Perhaps my assumption is wrong, but I would guess that for most of you guys, your knowledge of the other kids on that list is probably limited to a game or two, plus a bunch of television highlights. I really doubt that anyone has seen enough of all the finalists to really make a fair comparison to DJ. The thing about DJ is you see him constantly so you can nitpick his flaws. Can you do the same with the others???

If you have seen all the finalists equally, then kudos to you. If not, maybe a vote for DJ isn't such a bad thing...

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 10:39:55 PM »
Get a life people ::)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 12:56:44 AM »
Dom is only 1600 votes down.  With the numbers we have on this site we could get him towards the top if people take the time.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 06:53:40 AM »
Alums like you kinda suck.  I try and help alums whenever I can, but alot of people don't.  People like you make our alum base pale in comparison ones like Notre Dame.  People may hate ND but I have seen their alums go out of their way and help each other out.

Are you serious?  There is not a chance I will vote for DJ, or anybody, for the award because...

...I think the "fan vote" for a post-season award is a dumb idea
...DJ doesn't really deserve it anyway
...It will have no lasting impact on the image of MU basketball. 

If you want to take away my alumni card because I don't have the blue and gold blinders on, go right ahead.  My Marquette education taught me how to use my brain though, and my brain thinks this is dumb.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 07:34:43 AM »
Teague!!!  The next smart decision he makes will be his first.  They only beat Duke b/c Duke knocked the ball out with2 sec to go, forcing Gaudio to draw up a play instead of having his players run the O.  Wake is a D-U-M-B team.

And Curry?  Is the Cousy award an award for spectacular offensive performances?

Has any seen a better defending PG than DJ? 
Has anyone seen a better rebounding PG than DJ? 
Are you aware he has a 3:1 Assist to Turnover ratio?

Folks, something special is happening at our pG position this season and too many of you haters are missing it.

(Last add...Levance Fields shoots 57% from the line in conf play...do you hate him too?)

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Jandern7

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 07:39:14 AM »
43%

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 07:56:12 AM »
DJ is up to 552 votes, +150 since last night.  The email went out last night, people will open it this morning and vote, hopefully.

--

The amount of disrespect for DJ is just unbelievable.  Here's a guy who will end up #2 all time scoring, top 5 in every other record we hold, easily one of the top 5 PGs, and one could argue the best 4 year PG MU has ever had .. great defender .. great young kid who, every time you see him in public, is just a great representative of MU .. it's just shameful the treatment he gets because of two things.  His FTs are poor, and he takes/misses too many 3s. 

Well, disrespectors .. you just wait.  You're 8 short months away from the post-DJ era.  Acker, Coobie, and Junior will be taking those minutes, and it's a 1000% guarantee there will be a substantial drop in probably every statistical PG category y/y.  (sans FTs)

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 08:04:48 AM »

... it's just shameful the treatment he gets because of two things.  His FTs are poor, and he takes/misses too many 3s. 

Exactly, and yet I never heard people railing on Hutch or Travis for their defensive issues.  The court is 94 feet folks.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 08:12:55 AM »
Players and coaches are rarely appreciated enough when they are here, and their legend grows after they leave.

I love(d) Wade, but he even took his share of heat from the "fans" for his turnovers, lack of jump shooting and risky defense (went for a lot of steals).

However, if you ask about Wade now, everybody will tell you that he was the perfect package at MU, defense, offense, scoring, passing, etc.

Not sure why it happens... but I guess that's just the nature of most fan bases.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »
Votes as of a few minutes ago:

Player Votes
Stephen Curry-Davidson College 2225
Jonny Flynn-Syracuse University 1865
Sheron Collins-University of Kansas 1613
Darren Collison-UCLA 1365
Patrick Mills-St. Marys College 1257
Ty Lawson-University of North Carolina 1104