[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Are you serious...?  (Read 5999 times)

Wade for President

• All American
Re: Are you serious...?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
I love how people rationalize not voting for an MU player in these polls.  I can see the logic in some, but when Sean Wallis of Washington University (you read that correctly), is ahead of DJ, then it's time to act people!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 09:25:07 AM »
Well, disrespectors .. you just wait.  You're 8 short months away from the post-DJ era.  Acker, Coobie, and Junior will be taking those minutes, and it's a 1000% guarantee there will be a substantial drop in probably every statistical PG category y/y.  (sans FTs)

Why do you assume that since I don't think DJ is the best PG in the country that I am somehow disrespecting him or putting down his Marquette career?

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 09:27:56 AM »
I think fans/alums that can sit down and type out a justification for why they wont vote for DJ, over anyone else on this list yet cannot click on the site and then click on DJ and submit is a pure loser.  Call it like I see it folks, blather on with a stupid justification about how he is not better than some guy they see on an ESPN highlight yet will not simply double click two times and vote for the guy every day...pure loser.

Smae goes for the fact that Jerel is not getting a vote every day from the same losers.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 09:40:32 AM »
Can anyone name a better defensive pg at MU in the past 20 yrs?

"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 10:17:13 AM »

Why do you assume that since I don't think DJ is the best PG in the country that I am somehow disrespecting him or putting down his Marquette career?

On what do you base your opinion that DJ is not the best PG in the country? Have you seen all the other finalists play? If so, who and how many times? What makes them better?

I am not saying that DJ is the best and I agree that fan polls are ridiculous. It is impossible to guage how good players are relative to one another when all you have is fleeting contact with some candidates and hyper-scrutiny with other candidates.

Again, we all have seen DJ so much that we can nitpick his flaws. The other candidates we see on the rare broadcast and the occasional ESPN highlight (which rarely highlight mistakes), and so like the recruit who we think is the next Michael Jordan based on a 2 minute clip of amazing dunks compiled from over a 1000 minutes of actual court time, we decide that these other, highlight only, candidates are better than DJ. That is ridiculous.

Unless you have seen all the candidates close to equally, you probably can't make an informed decision about who is best. And if you can't make a truly informed decision about who is best, why not support your school and your home-town player with a vote....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 10:19:15 AM »
I think fans/alums that can sit down and type out a justification for why they wont vote for DJ, over anyone else on this list yet cannot click on the site and then click on DJ and submit is a pure loser.  

I actually think the losers are those who thinks that it matters that much.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
Very very well said MU CAm....it is simply incomprehensible for me...to undertsnad the rationale behind some of these posters thought process...glad i am not wired like that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »
Unless you have seen all the candidates close to equally, you probably can't make an informed decision about who is best. And if you can't make a truly informed decision about who is best, why not support your school and your home-town player with a vote....

Because homers annoy me and I don't want to become one.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 10:28:51 AM »

I actually think the losers are those who thinks that it matters that much.

No i dont think it matters that much...but the principal of the whole matter is if i can double click on a website a few times each day to help put a reward in an MU players hands that has busted his hump to help carry the Mu basketball banner and done one heck of a job at it for 4 years then i think it is the least i can do.  As opposed to typing and retyping why it is stupid versus using half the time to support the kid.  You know giving 5 dollars to aids research and cancer research is relaly stupid too, we all know you cant cure aids for $5. Do your part as opposed to being some cool rebel who actually coames off as a ...yes...loser.  

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 10:35:51 AM »
No i dont think it matters that much...but the principal of the whole matter is if i can double click on a website a few times each day to help put a reward in an MU players hands that has busted his hump to help carry the Mu basketball banner and done one heck of a job at it for 4 years then i think it is the least i can do.  As opposed to typing and retyping why it is stupid versus using half the time to support the kid.  You know giving 5 dollars to aids research and cancer research is relaly stupid too, we all know you cant cure aids for $5. Do your part as opposed to being some cool rebel who actually coames off as a ...yes...loser.  

I am very much appreciative of how much DJ has worked for MU and is clearly one of the best players to play for the Warriors.  I'm a fan.

I still don't believe he's the best PG in the country.  I'm not a homer.

BTW, your cancer research analogy is a very poor one.  Keep at it and you may come up with something better!!!

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 02:45:35 PM »
Shankapotamus -

Did you answer yet why you don't feel DJ is the best PG in America? And if you did, did you mention yet how many times you have seen the better point guards play and when you have seen them play?

I think it is comical that you earlier made reference to your Marquette education and how it taught you to use your brain, and yet the best reason you can give for not voting for DJ is that you don't want to be a homer. Quite frankly, that may be as good a reason for not voting as there is a reason for voting, but let's call a spade a spade - and that is mindless and subjective reasoning that doesn't really require one to "use [his/her] brain."

You don't want to vote for DJ, then don't vote for DJ. That is your perogative. But at least be honest about your superficial reason for not voting, just like I am about my superficial reason for voting. Don't pretend to take the high horse route and claim you can't vote for him because he is not the best PG if you cannot (or will not) back up that claim with actual logic and reason.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
I love DJ, but if we're talking about the best PG in college basketball, I can tell you for sure that Ty Lawson is better.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
Shankapotamus -

Did you answer yet why you don't feel DJ is the best PG in America? And if you did, did you mention yet how many times you have seen the better point guards play and when you have seen them play?

Of the point guards listed whom I have seen a handful of times this year, I would rather have Ty Lawson and Sherron Collins.  I have only seen Darren Collison once this year, but I would take him over DJ too.  All three of them have roughly the same assist marks per game, but are much better shooters.  DJ's shooting is what drops him down on the list for me.  43% overall...28% from three...I mean, that's pretty bad.  And yes while I would agree he is a very good defender, I don't think he is so good that he makes up for how pathetic he shoots.

Is that better???

Maybe you could answer this for me...why do you think he *should* be considered the best PG in the country?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »
Current results:

http://mywebdept.com/contacts/cousyvotingresults2.asp

DJ made a nice move from 400 to 802 in the past 24 hours.  Nice going, everyone.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »

Of the point guards listed whom I have seen a handful of times this year, I would rather have Ty Lawson and Sherron Collins.  I have only seen Darren Collison once this year, but I would take him over DJ too.  All three of them have roughly the same assist marks per game, but are much better shooters.  DJ's shooting is what drops him down on the list for me.  43% overall...28% from three...I mean, that's pretty bad.  And yes while I would agree he is a very good defender, I don't think he is so good that he makes up for how pathetic he shoots.

Is that better???

Maybe you could answer this for me...why do you think he *should* be considered the best PG in the country?

i agree with everything you said.  But i still voted because i like looking at poll results.  Why not vote for the home team?  I'm not getting paid by this website to offer a fair and objective analysis of the merit of each candidate.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 04:45:12 PM »
If any of the players on the list are reading this, my vote is for sale for .10 per day.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2009, 10:44:42 AM »

GGGG

• All American
Hey MUCam (was Re: Are you serious...?)
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2009, 10:46:42 AM »

Is that better???

Still waiting....

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2009, 12:12:06 PM »
How the hell did Sean Wallis leap in front of Stephen Curry so quickly!!

feedback