Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If he looks like a punk, plays like a punk and acts like a punk, he must be . .  (Read 9467 times)

AlumKCof93

• All American
Devendorf!

Syracuse's Devendorf investigated in alleged assault of female student
Nov. 18, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports   

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A 20-year-old Syracuse student asked police to arrest Orange basketball player Eric Devendorf earlier this month after she said he hit her with a closed fist, Syracuse police said Tuesday.

Police submitted a summons application seeking the arrest of Devendorf, a junior guard, according to police spokesman Tom Connellan.

Devendorf was not arrested, and in a news release the Onondaga County District Attorney's Office said the matter had been referred to the Syracuse University Judicial Affairs Office. The county said any further decision by the district attorney's office would be deferred pending the outcome of the university proceedings.

"The university is handling that," coach Jim Boeheim said Tuesday night. "When they're done with it, we'll see where we are and we'll respond to it."

Devendorf declined comment after Syracuse beat Richmond 76-71 on Tuesday night.

Kimberly Smith said she was driving her car at about 3 a.m. in the city on Nov. 1 when several people began kicking the vehicle, according to police.

Smith told police when she got out of the car to get the people to stop, Devendorf walked up to Smith with a closed fist and struck her. Devendorf then shouted obscenities and told her to get back in the car, according to Connellan.

Police first became aware of the altercation when they were called on a harassment complaint later that morning. Connellan said university public safety officers also were at the scene.

Smith told police she couldn't identify the people kicking her car but could identify Devendorf because she knows him, Connellan said.

"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

JSwarriors08

Smells like good ole' Syracuse class

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Yes!  From the title of your post I was going to jokingly say Devendorf but it really is about him.

muwarrior87

• All American
sounds like some good fuel for when they come here in March.

spartan3186

• All American
Assuming he's playing and not suspended

reinko

• All American
This is about the point some one on the board gets huffy and says he innocent until proven guilty, just look what happened with the Duke lax team.

muwarrior87

• All American
Assuming he's playing and not suspended

He's still a scholarship player. Suspended or playing, listen for the chants and look for signs.

JSwarriors08

He's still a scholarship player. Suspended or playing, listen for the chants and look for signs.

Agreed.  That'll be a lot of fun.  Assuming it's not a crappy repeat of the january '07 game.

Hards Alumni

• All American
This is about the point some one on the board gets huffy and says he innocent until proven guilty, just look what happened with the Duke lax team.

This is America... he is innocent until proven guilty... just look what happened to the Duke LAX team.

P.S. I am HUFFY!

Wade for President

• All American
He is sooooooooo WT, it's not even funny.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
He's only a junior? I thought he's been there like a million years...

dwaderoy2004

• All American
he got a medical redshirt because he tore his ACL like ten games into last season.  so this his his fourth season, but only third year of eligibility.

Gwaki

• All American
He's only a junior? I thought he's been there like a million years...

I wouldn't be talking

JSwarriors08

muwarrior87

• All American
I wouldn't be talking

+1 got you there Ahoya

MUfan12

• All American
I wouldn't be talking

BAAAAZIIIIING! Fair play to you sir.

Got ya on that one, Gramps.  :D

bilsu

• All American
The story sounds made up to me. How many woman would get out of a car to confront guys kicking her car?

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
I wouldn't be talking

Wow, you just made me laugh very loudly in the middle of my office. You do raise a valid point...

(He's referring to my taking what ended up being 4 years off after my Soph. year, then coming back to finish)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
My BS detector hasn't been this active since that chick in Pittsburgh was robbed at the ATM and had the backwards B 'carved' in her face.

Gwaki

• All American
can we get a pic of this girl.  Doenst matter if it ends up not being true.  a big head would be great

chapman

• All American
The first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title was Devendorf.  Surprise, surprise it is him.  Boeheim would never consider doing something about it.  If anything, it gives some more ammunition to go along with the "trailer trash" chant from a couple years ago.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Cuse board wants to suspend him the rest of the academic year!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3760958

reinko

• All American
As Brett Myers would say:

"Boom, outta here"

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
The story sounds made up to me. How many woman would get out of a car to confront guys kicking her car?

you're right, next time she should just sit there and be seen and not heard . . .

Wouldn't you confront those same hoodlums?

ecompt

• All American
Is that the Carmelo Anthony academic year (which consisted of six credits) or the student body academic year?
Whatever. If it happened at UW the player in question would be suspended from one practice and the girl would be paid off to go away.

feedback