collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twitter 3.0  (Read 32990 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Twitter 3.0
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2022, 05:49:15 PM »
That's coming awfully close to Godwin's law.

Never heard anyone say Putin's a nice guy, but he needs some "no" men around him.

I know you're just trying to be argumentative, but you obviously don't understand what Godwin's law means.
Or are you being intentionally obtuse?
Either way, you can do better.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2022, 06:12:10 PM »
Meanwhile, TSLA hit its 52-week low today. Actually, it's at its low point since early December 2020, so almost a 2-year low.

Musk wasting money on a mediocre company -- one he didn't even really want -- just because he was throwing a hissy fit has spooked and/or angered investors in his real company.

And yes, I'm long TSLA.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 06:35:13 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2022, 06:17:30 PM »
Leveraging his personal stake in TSLA to secure funding to buyout Twitter is going to be an all time bad governance move.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2022, 07:07:48 PM »
I know you're just trying to be argumentative, but you obviously don't understand what Godwin's law means.
Or are you being intentionally obtuse?
Either way, you can do better.
I was going to say the same thing to you. Comparing Musk to Putin is pretty close to bringing Hitler into the conversation. Closer than Musk actually being comparable to Putin. Another one of your failed arguments.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2022, 08:09:07 PM »
I was going to say the same thing to you. Comparing Musk to Putin is pretty close to bringing Hitler into the conversation. Closer than Musk actually being comparable to Putin. Another one of your failed arguments.

What? You got "Musk = Putin" from what I wrote? Good Lord. I apologize for suggesting you were intentionally obtuse.
I'll go slow.
I am NOT drawing a parallel between the people. I am drawing a parallel to how they're both surrounded by people who can or will not tell them "No, that's a bad idea," and how that has led both into making what for now look like very poor decisions. And I clearly noted that the situations involved "vastly different circumstances and consequences."
Get it now? It's not hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2022, 08:21:16 PM »
Musk and Sacks have talked about putting Twitter behind a paywall.
Seems like a bad idea.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/7/23446262/elon-musk-twitter-paywall-possible

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2022, 08:23:21 PM »
What? You got "Musk = Putin" from what I wrote? Good Lord. I apologize for suggesting you were intentionally obtuse.
I'll go slow.
I am NOT drawing a parallel between the people. I am drawing a parallel to how they're both surrounded by people who can or will not tell them "No, that's a bad idea," and how that has led both into making what for now look like very poor decisions. And I clearly noted that the situations involved "vastly different circumstances and consequences."
Get it now? It's not hard.
Their situations are not even close, but keep trying to paint Musk as the devil.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2022, 08:27:41 PM »
Their situations are not even close, but keep trying to paint Musk as the devil.

OK, Lionel.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2022, 10:02:33 PM »

If you are a lawyer, you should be doing a better job.

Pakuni is wiping the floor with you so far.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2022, 06:30:36 AM »
One has to wonder why Musk came out and urged people to vote for Rs.

We know he leans authoritarian, but I expect money means more than politics to him.

He’s worried about government regulation most of all. Buying Twitter may make it more likely if Ds take over, but he has a lot else on the table that could be affected.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2022, 07:26:17 AM »
See the recent Rolling Stone story on women working at Tesla.

Apparently there is a class action lawsuit against Tesla because women who work at Tesla are highly harassed daily with no repercussion based on the flow down attitude of it's leader.  (That's the gist of the story.)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2022, 07:29:38 AM »
See the recent Rolling Stone story on women working at Tesla.

Apparently there is a class action lawsuit against Tesla because women who work at Tesla are highly harassed daily with no repercussion based on the flow down attitude of it's leader.  (That's the gist of the story.)

Maybe if women were in the home where they belong, it wouldn’t be an issue. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2022, 07:30:22 AM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2022, 07:37:45 AM »
Maybe if women were in the home where they belong, it wouldn’t be an issue.

Nah, barefoot and pregnant, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2022, 07:58:28 AM »

That, too
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2022, 08:28:14 AM »

Kitchen or bedroom.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2022, 09:46:08 AM »
Outdoors beginning May 1, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2022, 10:07:06 AM »

We know he leans authoritarian, but I expect money means more than politics to him.

He’s worried about government regulation most of all. Buying Twitter may make it more likely if Ds take over, but he has a lot else on the table that could be affected.

Unsure on the bolded given his formative years spent in an Apartheid society. Status with a dash of adulation seems his motivation.

If he's going to get that in bunches with a particular set of Americans then I suspect he'll leverage politics to the hilt so he gets it good.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2022, 10:24:41 AM »

I've legitimately wondered if Musk is trying to set himself up to slide into the King of the MAGAs role once 45 passes away and running for president following the same "Billionaire who owns the libs on twitter" playbook.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2022, 10:34:13 AM »
Unsure on the bolded given his formative years spent in an Apartheid society. Status with a dash of adulation seems his motivation.

If he's going to get that in bunches with a particular set of Americans then I suspect he'll leverage politics to the hilt so he gets it good.

As fun as it is to dunk on every aspect of Elon Musk, I'm skeptical that he internalized the apartheid thing. Evidence suggests he actively rejected it and get the heck out of South Africa at the first opportunity. Behind the Bastards has a good podcast on him that gives a solid background (recorded long before this whole twitter fiasco fwiw).

My read is not far from that Sacca thread that someone linked. I thought for sure he would not rock the boat too much because he needed to service that debt he took on, but I was wrong about that, clearly. I think he's a visionary with a particular set of skills that lend him to be an exceptional head of a disruptive/start up vertically-integrated high-tech manufacturing companies. I do not think those skills are readily transferable to running a social media company.

I also think he's got incredibly thin skin and no qualms about wielding his position to defend his fragile ego, which is what has led to most of the own goals so far under his tenure.

If he were smart, he'd put the phone away, hire a solid outside operator who can do the disciplined cost cutting/value unlocking thing, and he could flip the company in a couple years for a profit and cement another chapter in his hagiography of "tech savant who can do no wrong" but so far I'm not seeing anything that suggests he's got the capacity to do soo.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2022, 10:34:59 AM »
I've legitimately wondered if Musk is trying to set himself up to slide into the King of the MAGAs role once 45 passes away and running for president following the same "Billionaire who owns the libs on twitter" playbook.

Can he run for President? I thought he was born in South Africa.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2022, 10:46:11 AM »
Can he run for President? I thought he was born in South Africa.

Ah you're right. I forgot that he's not a natural born citizen.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2022, 11:33:13 AM »
Ah you're right. I forgot that he's not a natural born citizen.

Neither was Obama.  <ducks>

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2022, 12:34:51 PM »
Neither was Obama.  <ducks>

There was a time when we'd all laugh and for the most part people who believed weird fringe stuff like this were considered crazy... then we elected the main one president.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2022, 01:31:30 PM »
There was a time when we'd all laugh and for the most part people who believed weird fringe stuff like this were considered crazy... then we elected the main one president.

If you had a kid in high school who had to dodge kitty litter boxes all day, you’d change your tune.