'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Construction Update  (Read 98658 times)

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
Re: New Arena Construction Update
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2018, 04:12:14 AM »
So the arena is 90% complete now and will be down to "punch list" items by the end of the month, but MU season seat holders can't get any kind of preview or open house prior to 2018-19 seat selection?

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2018, 05:58:48 AM »
So the arena is 90% complete now and will be down to "punch list" items by the end of the month, but MU season seat holders can't get any kind of preview or open house prior to 2018-19 seat selection?

Very disapointing

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2018, 06:33:57 AM »
Problem is that the WESC needs to get an occupancy permit.....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2018, 06:54:26 AM »
I would be happy just to be free of that foul mini donut smell.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2018, 06:57:18 AM »
Went to a Wave game at the MECCA a few weeks back with ZFK's soccer team.  Place smelled like elephant $hit.

I was at an Admirals game that same week .. it was elephant sh1t.  The circus had been there a few days before.    For reals.  Brutal.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2018, 07:09:34 AM »
YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

I am sure they taste delicious (I love me a hot donut), but that sugary grease smell... Ew, no. It's like being trapped in the dumpster behind a State Fair food vendor.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2018, 07:44:24 AM »
Almost makes ya wanna go grain free, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2018, 07:48:13 AM »
Went to a Wave game at the MECCA a few weeks back with ZFK's soccer team.  Place smelled like elephant $hit.
You must have went right after the circus.  :D It doesn't smell most of the time. I'm in that building 20+ times this season. I was at the Admirals game this past Friday. It smelled like tacos, Saz's, Bubble Waffle and hockey!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:51:26 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2018, 07:59:21 AM »

Do they have an online seating chart with views from each seat at least?  Or will they before?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2018, 08:13:07 AM »
Do they have an online seating chart with views from each seat at least?  Or will they before?

http://wescsales.io-media.com/web/index.html
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2018, 08:35:24 AM »

Is this an actual thing?  Must have been the announcement I missed.

Problem is that the WESC needs to get an occupancy permit.....

If this is the "reason" and you believe it, you're getting smoke blown up your six.  Whether or not punchlist is complete, as soon as life safety systems are inspected, you can get a temporary or provisional occupancy permit.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2018, 09:01:09 AM »

If this is the "reason" and you believe it, you're getting smoke blown up your six.  Whether or not punchlist is complete, as soon as life safety systems are inspected, you can get a temporary or provisional occupancy permit.
Right, when they are ready for final inspection and punch list items can prevent that from happening. Many times have been asked to go to a project in punch list stage for safety systems / health certificates  only to have to point out that items on punch list won't allow me to issue certificates.   
Goal is National Championship

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2018, 10:17:43 AM »
Right, when they are ready for final inspection and punch list items can prevent that from happening. Many times have been asked to go to a project in punch list stage for safety systems / health certificates  only to have to point out that items on punch list won't allow me to issue certificates.

Depends on AHJ's, of course.  I've worked with munis who will issue TCO if punchlist is nominal and fire & health have signed off; also worked with others who won't issue TCO unless every last drip tray is installed on every soda dispenser.  Most fall somewhere in the middle... but I haven't run into a situation yet where a city manager and/or city council couldn't get a TCO done (if properly motivated).

Obviously, if there are LS components on the punch, TCO won't happen, regardless.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2018, 11:04:04 AM »

By "actual thing" do you mean no SSH preview?  Then yes, that is an actual thing, covered in another thread and based on the MU Game Day website, or wherever the new arena info is.  You'll have to use the online maps\resources to pick your seat location, because there will not be a live "open house".  Not necessarily blaming MU for this - perhaps the Bucks would not allow it, but for the $ that we think we're going to have to pay for seats next season, it would have been nice to get a in person look at the seats beforehand.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »
I can't think the Bucks have one as well. I know there is a viewing at the Pabst. I believe MU will be doing that as well.
-Bill Walton

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2018, 01:52:33 PM »
By "actual thing" do you mean no SSH preview?  Then yes, that is an actual thing, covered in another thread and based on the MU Game Day website, or wherever the new arena info is.  You'll have to use the online maps\resources to pick your seat location, because there will not be a live "open house".  Not necessarily blaming MU for this - perhaps the Bucks would not allow it, but for the $ that we think we're going to have to pay for seats next season, it would have been nice to get a in person look at the seats beforehand.

Well that sucks.  I guess it's time to pull out my hardhat & neon vest and make friends with a contractor.

Hell, $20 says I could show up in a suit and tie under my protective gear and walk right in without a second look from anyone.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2018, 01:59:52 PM »
Well that sucks.  I guess it's time to pull out my hardhat & neon vest and make friends with a contractor.

Hell, $20 says I could show up in a suit and tie under my protective gear and walk right in without a second look from anyone.
Don’t forget the safety glasses and gloves like Feigin—that really completes the outfit.
He doesn’t want to get a blister moving that rebar from floor to floor for the next photo op.

Daniel

• All American

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2018, 02:09:16 PM »
I'm not arguing with him TAMU and skianth totally gets it now that I've described the Cameron logistics.  But one simply cannot ask many elderly people to stand.  My seatmate Jack who occupies two of the very best seats in the upper deck has been a season ticket holder since 1971.  Every year; essentially every game.  Loooooong before you were even born.  He is not capable of standing for that length of time.  And he's absolutely earned the right to comfortably enjoy the game. 

It's not about preference or environment.  It's about what's possible for many of our most loyal and generous fans.  I know you respect and appreciate that.

Both Michigan State and Ohio State had to tarp off a few rows at the top of their student sections because the first few rows of the sections above ("sweater vests") were blocked by standing students.

Maryland took notice of this when they built their new arena and put the students down low. The difference, however, is the new Eagles Nest is not being built for MU and creating a great college basketball environment, it's for the Bucks and NBA games, we're the secondary tenants. The seating bowl design is focused on revenue and comfort.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
-Bill Walton

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2018, 08:43:53 AM »
If you look at the webcam, they are installing hockey boards now.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2018, 09:04:14 AM »
I am sure they taste delicious (I love me a hot donut), but that sugary grease smell... Ew, no. It's like being trapped in the dumpster behind a State Fair food vendor.

You've gotta be kidding that is the best smell ever

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2018, 09:32:47 AM »
Heading down to the new arena today for a meeting with MU.  They're having some initial meeting with ticket holders to discuss prices for the new seats in a suite in the new arena.  It'll be interesting to hear what kind of increases we are looking at for the new seats.  I'll let you all know when I hear what ballpark they're thinkin.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2018, 09:34:49 AM »
Heading down to the new arena today for a meeting with MU.  They're having some initial meeting with ticket holders to discuss prices for the new seats in a suite in the new arena.  It'll be interesting to hear what kind of increases we are looking at for the new seats.  I'll let you all know when I hear what ballpark they're thinkin.

Student tickets went up 40% it was announced today. I would guess it will be about the same for STHs.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2018, 09:38:38 AM »
If you look at the webcam, they are installing hockey boards now.
I saw that. Not sure why there are hockey boards.
-Bill Walton

feedback