[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So much for that economic forecast  (Read 17588 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: So much for that economic forecast
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
As opposed to the head of Homeland Security, creating a "Truth Ministry" led by some radical whacko singing Mary Poppins?  Great. 

This whole thread turned into personal insults and non-sequitirs resulting in partisan nonsense.  The fact remains that our current president is Joseph Biden and we have severe problems on a number of fronts.  If many of you want to rationalize or ignore them that's your prerogative but deep down most people know we're dealing with an utter s-show and this administration is not stepping up to the plate.

My number one concern is locking up all the perpetrators of the insurrection of January 6th.  I’m very disappointed in the Biden administration not dropping the hammer on the elected officials that participated
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2022, 11:01:04 AM »
A couple of years ago nobody could leave there homes, the economy was in the toilet, the hospitals were turning people away, and your unnatural carnal knowledgeing hero was saying: "I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

And on April 23, 2020 over 26 million jobless claims had been filed.

if that's all you got from the previous term, i feel sorry for our country. of all the things going on from 2016-2020 and you pull that half-assed bleach thing out??  the orange man had this country humming until the china virus.  we were energy independant.  now we are begging our enemies for oil??  that's a hot mess right there.  and please don't get started on stupid statements-jimmy carter is celebrating right now cuz someone is worse than him

dude, so many jobs were lost when covid hit, they had to come back at some point regardless of who's in charge.  operation warp speed was a hell of a project. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2022, 11:06:42 AM »
This thread has turned into an example of why we might be doomed for failure as a nation, a partisan pissing match.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2022, 11:08:45 AM »
Fluff

I am sure you will survive quite well in a very narrow, sad world. If I were you I would be asking if anyone liked me, not just Goose.
I can promise you that is my last reply ever to you, but I do feel sorry for you. Good luck to you and even better luck to anyone that has daily interaction with you, they need it.

goose-dittos on all of your comments!  there are many here whom may not be on my Christmas card list, but i either learn from or they make me laugh a little in a good way.  as for puffy-i know he doesn't care, but i'll bet his chit stinks a little bit more than he realizes.  something missing in his life, but when ya know it all, what's left?  at least some of the others have or are willing to show a little bit of humility from time to time

i used to butt heads with lenny, but you told me he's really a decent guy-i listened and then met him and you were right on bother!  i've met some great people here on scoop and hoping to meet some more
don't...don't don't don't don't

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2022, 11:15:27 AM »
As opposed to the head of Homeland Security, creating a "Truth Ministry" led by some radical whacko singing Mary Poppins?  Great. 

This whole thread turned into personal insults and non-sequitirs resulting in partisan nonsense.  The fact remains that our current president is Joseph Biden and we have severe problems on a number of fronts.  If many of you want to rationalize or ignore them that's your prerogative but deep down most people know we're dealing with an utter s-show and this administration is not stepping up to the plate.

He's suggesting the FBI tried to assassinate a governor and ran Jan. 6 as a false flag operation ... and your instinct is to defend him with a rambling, nonsensical whataboutism that might even make rocket blush.
Well done, sir.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2022, 11:30:31 AM »
if that's all you got from the previous term, i feel sorry for our country. of all the things going on from 2016-2020 and you pull that half-assed bleach thing out??  the orange man had this country humming until the china virus.  we were energy independant.  now we are begging our enemies for oil??  that's a hot mess right there.  and please don't get started on stupid statements-jimmy carter is celebrating right now cuz someone is worse than him

dude, so many jobs were lost when covid hit, they had to come back at some point regardless of who's in charge.  operation warp speed was a hell of a project. 

“Trump did great except for the most significant thing to happen during his tenure” is quite the justification.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2022, 11:32:06 AM »
This thread has turned into an example of why we might be doomed for failure as a nation, a partisan pissing match.

Welcome to Superbar after the advent of COVID!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2022, 01:31:17 PM »
When the GOP takes control of congress in 2023 we may learn the FBI used the same MO on Jan 6 as they did in Michigan when they tried to assassinate Gretchen Whitmer. The deep state could not convince a jury to buy that one as it became clear the Feds instigated the whole thing.

What? No antifa?

The fact remains that our current president is Joseph Biden

If you’re acknowledging that fact, Muggs, the deep state and/or the FBI must have gotten to you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »
When the GOP takes control of congress in 2023 we may learn the FBI used the same MO on Jan 6 as they did in Michigan when they tried to assassinate Gretchen Whitmer. The deep state could not convince a jury to buy that one as it became clear the Feds instigated the whole thing.

No.. wrong… it wasn’t an assassination attempt…

Kidnapping was the goal…. still gross 🤮

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2022, 02:50:41 PM »
  goose-dittos on all of your comments!  there are many here whom may not be on my Christmas card list, but i either learn from or they make me laugh a little in a good way.  as for puffy-i know he doesn't care, but i'll bet his chit stinks a little bit more than he realizes.  something missing in his life, but when ya know it all, what's left?  at least some of the others have or are willing to show a little bit of humility from time to time

i used to butt heads with lenny, but you told me he's really a decent guy-i listened and then met him and you were right on bother!  i've met some great people here on scoop and hoping to meet some more

Nah, all the greats have been met, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2022, 03:11:52 PM »

“Trump did great except for the most significant thing to happen during his tenure” is quite the justification.

Everything was going great until I lost my job and couldn't leave my house for a year.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2022, 03:45:26 PM »

Says the guy who legitimately wanted manslaughter charges brought against Abbot while singing the praises of Cuomo’s handling of Covid.  You are not innocent of partisan hackery my friend.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2022, 03:54:55 PM »

Doomed until the boomers pass.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2022, 06:45:47 PM »
Doomed until the boomers pass.

So much this. It’s not reductive either; proof of concept is in this very thread—just match the age to the imbecile (here’s lookin’ at you rocket).

To paraphrase the Allmans, when all the boomers die off leavin' us alone, we’ll raise our children in the peaceful way we can.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2022, 07:00:31 PM »
Well, quite a few of us Boomers don't think it was good clean fun to stage a deadly coup attempt against the U.S. government; we actually care about the planet; we don't blame the deep state, antifa and CRT for all of America's ills; we don't think every man woman and child needs 2 dozen guns; we believe in science; we don't believe in stealing reproductive rights from women; we believe racism continues to be a scourge in this country; etc.

So it's not all that productive to generalize.

But I do absolutely wish more of y'all Millennials, Gen-Zers and the like would nominate and elect more good leaders. America, and the world, could use 'em.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2022, 07:18:06 PM »
They're all too fookin' old, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2022, 07:24:28 PM »
Well, quite a few of us Boomers don't think it was good clean fun to stage a deadly coup attempt against the U.S. government; we actually care about the planet; we don't blame the deep state, antifa and CRT for all of America's ills; we don't think every man woman and child needs 2 dozen guns; we believe in science; we don't believe in stealing reproductive rights from women; we believe racism continues to be a scourge in this country; etc.

So it's not all that productive to generalize.

But I do absolutely wish more of y'all Millennials, Gen-Zers and the like would nominate and elect more good leaders. America, and the world, could use 'em.
MU82:
Have you ever held publicly elected office at any level?
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2022, 07:28:39 PM »
MU82:

Just publicly clowned for slut shaming.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2022, 08:06:25 PM »
MU82:

No sir. Have you?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2022, 08:41:57 PM »
No sir. Have you?
It wasn’t meant to be a trick question .

Yes , I have  and was re-elected . Was In a position where we had taxing authority .

The issues this contrary faces are complex. Information technology has grown dramatically in the last 30 years . One of the outgrowths of that is a never ending set of media driven epithets and bromides from parties who have vested interests in certain outcomes . Also the ready availability of internet has driven envy .

I found that behind closed doors we could rationally work things out and make the necessary compromises . People were willing to try and understand both sides of the issues . However , when the TV cameras were on , everyone was strutting like a Peacock.

Every issue does not have a simple black and white solution . Working out the complexities in a responsible way is what sets this country apart from the rest of the world . Unfortunately , most of our institutions have been debased or are under permanent attack . It seems like the campaign never ends .

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2022, 09:23:57 PM »
It wasn’t meant to be a trick question .

Yes , I have  and was re-elected . Was In a position where we had taxing authority .

The issues this contrary faces are complex. Information technology has grown dramatically in the last 30 years . One of the outgrowths of that is a never ending set of media driven epithets and bromides from parties who have vested interests in certain outcomes . Also the ready availability of internet has driven envy .

I found that behind closed doors we could rationally work things out and make the necessary compromises . People were willing to try and understand both sides of the issues . However , when the TV cameras were on , everyone was strutting like a Peacock.

Every issue does not have a simple black and white solution . Working out the complexities in a responsible way is what sets this country apart from the rest of the world . Unfortunately , most of our institutions have been debased or are under permanent attack . It seems like the campaign never ends .

I didn’t think it was a trick question. Thanks for serving. I agree with much of your post.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2022, 10:10:28 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-science-business-india-global-trade-4d32889d982bf0a60396ff4ba817ca16

Record heat wave scorches wheat crops in India, which will contribute to global food shortages.

This won't help things.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2022, 01:17:32 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-science-business-india-global-trade-4d32889d982bf0a60396ff4ba817ca16

Record heat wave scorches wheat crops in India, which will contribute to global food shortages.

This won't help things.

Well, at least that's on topic as long as the topic is either "forecast" and/or "economic"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2022, 03:34:43 AM »
I blame Putin and Brandon, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2022, 07:18:02 AM »
Berkshire Hathaway held its annual meeting Saturday -- aka "Woodstock for capitalists" -- and it was revealed that the company spent the first quarter buying $51B in stock.

Those included making major energy buys in Occidental Petroleum and Chevron, acquiring an 11.4% stake in HP, and making an arbitrage play with Activision (which  Microsoft is trying to buy in a mega-deal that faces significant regulatory scrutiny).

Not only are these examples of Warren Buffett betting on the economy, but they're a classic case of him following his own long-time credo: "Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful."

Of course, Buffett has been wrong sometimes, too. And even if all of those buys were "mistakes," he'll be able to keep a roof over his head and food on his table. Still, this is him saying that eventually the economy will bounce back (because it always does) and eventually the stock market will achieve new highs (because it always does).