collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188274 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #2200 on: July 14, 2021, 10:51:36 PM »
Malika Andrews asks Middleton what it was like to trade buckets with Booker. As if he should he honored.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2201 on: July 14, 2021, 10:55:13 PM »
Malika Andrews asks Middleton what it was like to trade buckets with Booker. As if he should he honored.

Mickey-Mouse question. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2202 on: July 14, 2021, 10:55:53 PM »
Bucks’ fan victimization is so annoying.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2203 on: July 14, 2021, 10:59:34 PM »
Brutal no-call on Booker, obviously. (Both times.) Tough game to call. They mostly decided to let more fouls go, but then they would mysteriously call a touch foul. Holiday was mugging Booker on just about every possession. Giannis was fouled constantly. Refs could have called 3-4-5 things every possession. On the jump ball with about 5 minutes left, the ball went out off the Bucks; but they were given possession and Middleton followed with a 3-pointer. And on and on. Tough job, but not one of their better efforts.

In the end, the team that played better at the most important junctures won. Chris Paul had a loose handle all night -- lots of fumbling the basketball even when he didn't turn it over -- and that last turnover was horrible. Incredible block by Giannis. Big shots by Middleton; looking forward to Doc Dribble calling him just another "smoe" again.

Congrats to the Bucks and their fans. Crucial game and they came away with the win.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2204 on: July 14, 2021, 11:04:39 PM »
I'm a bandwagon Bucks fan but read and listened to many people that stated Phoenix would roll them in this series.  It they can somehow get all three of their stars playing at a reasonably high level they have a great chance of getting this done.  Obviously they are still underdogs with PHX having home-court, but they are capable of raising their level imo.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2205 on: July 14, 2021, 11:49:29 PM »

Booker is one of the brightest young stars in the league, an absolutely insane scorer, and soon to be his future Olympic teammate.  He can go bucket for bucket with just about anyone, that’s not a silly question at all. NBA players love going bucket for bucket against other greats.  Especially cause there isn’t a person in the league that takes Middleton over Booker for a pure scorer, and that’s not a slight on KM

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2206 on: July 15, 2021, 05:18:11 AM »
Have to say I thought Bucks were dead in the water down nine. Heck of a fight back to even the series. Will always be a memorable game for me.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2207 on: July 15, 2021, 06:48:06 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that Giannis (at least 4 times) has gotten away with not being out of bounds when he throws the ball in play after a Suns bucket?  Maybe  this is common with many players during a game, but like the 10 sec FT thing he needs to be aware.

It's time for Holiday to find his shot.  He's certainly capable.   It looks to me that he rushing a bit and playing a bit too fast at times in the half-court.  I also think Lopez should get more touches when he's on the floor.  Keep attacking the paint, they have one big. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2208 on: July 15, 2021, 06:56:07 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that Giannis (at least 4 times) has gotten away with not being out of bounds when he throws the ball in play after a Suns bucket?  Maybe  this is common with many players during a game, but like the 10 sec FT thing he needs to be aware.

It's time for Holiday to find his shot.  He's certainly capable.   It looks to me that he rushing a bit and playing a bit too fast at times in the half-court.  I also think Lopez should get more touches when he's on the floor.  Keep attacking the paint, they have one big.

The refs have always played loose with the overly technical stuff that doesn't actually impact the game.  I wish they'd do the same in college.

• All American
« Reply #2209 on: July 15, 2021, 06:58:05 AM »

Giannis is fine. Stop worrying about the small stuff.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2210 on: July 15, 2021, 07:09:09 AM »
The refs have always played loose with the overly technical stuff that doesn't actually impact the game.  I wish they'd do the same in college.

I wonder why they don't officiate all the games like they do in the playoffs?  I think fans would rather see them allow contact.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2211 on: July 15, 2021, 07:11:21 AM »
I wonder why they don't officiate all the games like they do in the playoffs?  I think fans would rather see them allow contact.

Part of the excitement of all sports is the subjective nature of the application of the rules.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2212 on: July 15, 2021, 07:39:58 AM »
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/referee-admits-foul-suns-booker-bucks-holiday-missed/

Crew chief claims he didn't see a foul on Booker in real time. Watching the replay he says it was a foul
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2213 on: July 15, 2021, 07:44:03 AM »

He also travels 100% of the times he begins taking the ball up court after securing a rebound. Secure, step, step, dribble. Nobody cares about that either. It's part of the NBA's whole rules are selectively enforced thing and I'm sure he'd stop doing it if it ever were enforced.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2214 on: July 15, 2021, 08:23:18 AM »
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/referee-admits-foul-suns-booker-bucks-holiday-missed/

Crew chief claims he didn't see a foul on Booker in real time. Watching the replay he says it was a foul

There was another pretty clear foul later on him too in my opinion. I wonder if Middleton missed the layup if it would have been called.

CP3 has been pretty brutal the last few games. I wonder if Jrue is wearing him down or he will bounce back at home. I’m also worried the role players may get it going at home.

I think the Bucks have a ton more confidence than they did going into Game 1. Definitely more than Game 2 in my opinion.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2215 on: July 15, 2021, 08:33:56 AM »
amazing bucks win!  shooting 40%/24%(from 3) to phoenix 51%/30%.  1st quarter bucks shooting dismal 29% but were only down by 4 was very telling.  we take better advantage of phoenix to's my blood pressure would be better.
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2216 on: July 15, 2021, 08:34:09 AM »
There was another pretty clear foul later on him too in my opinion. I wonder if Middleton missed the layup if it would have been called.

CP3 has been pretty brutal the last few games. I wonder if Jrue is wearing him down or he will bounce back at home. I’m also worried the role players may get it going at home.

I think the Bucks have a ton more confidence than they did going into Game 1. Definitely more than Game 2 in my opinion.

The Bucks are doing a good job picking up CP3 full-court.  But they won last night shooting 40%, that's not gonna get it done in Phoenix.  Both teams look a bit gassed..  It may come down to the Paul/Holiday match-up.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2217 on: July 15, 2021, 08:46:48 AM »
Phoenix had to feel a lot like the Bucks did after Game 2. Did a lot of things right, got a tremendous performance from their star, and still lost. Except this time the Suns could have had one hand on the trophy had they seen it out up 9.

That's a really tough building to win in. I'll be surprised if the Bucks have enough juice to do it. They looked like the tank was empty after the game.

One thing to watch... Lopez has played 23 minutes to Ayton's 38 per game. I wonder if that's the ace up Bud's sleeve, using a much fresher Brook to wear them down like he did against BKN and ATL.

• All American
« Reply #2218 on: July 15, 2021, 08:51:43 AM »
Look the price you pay when you rest players and sacrifice a couple regular season games is knowing you will have to win on the road in the playoffs.  They did it against the Nets.  They can do it against the Suns.  The motivation of playing for a championship at home should be a driver.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2219 on: July 15, 2021, 08:53:49 AM »
No conspiracy. Bad call.

I agree. Very bad call.

That said, how the hell does Booker commit that foul when he's already got five. As a rule, it's best to avoid hugging an opponent as he's going for a layup when you're on the verge of fouling out.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2220 on: July 15, 2021, 08:58:01 AM »
Funniest line from the interwebs:

Devin Booker is the first person in NBA Finals history to record 40 points and 7 fouls.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2221 on: July 15, 2021, 09:10:43 AM »
That's a really tough building to win in. I'll be surprised if the Bucks have enough juice to do it. They looked like the tank was empty after the game.

One thing to consider...Phoenix won game 1 with the Bucks on much shorter rest & won game 2 on a short (one day off) turnaround. The last two games, Milwaukee had more time off between games and won both, and have the same extra time between games 4/5 & 5/6.

I also think what Sultan said is key. Bud took some flack for both resting guys and experimenting with defenses this year. Clearly the record wasn't what it was the past two seasons, but no matter what happens from here the end result is better. They have to win on the road, but they got wins in Miami, Brooklyn, and Atlanta. No reason to think they can't do it again.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2222 on: July 15, 2021, 09:18:37 AM »
Chris Paul- 5 turnovers
Milwaukee Bucks- 5 turnovers.

Giannis- 5 ORB
Phoenix Suns- 5ORB

As a result, the Bucks took 19 more shots and 10 more free throws.

That is how you survive when your PG goes 4-20 from the field

• All American
« Reply #2223 on: July 15, 2021, 10:09:47 AM »
One thing to consider...Phoenix won game 1 with the Bucks on much shorter rest & won game 2 on a short (one day off) turnaround. The last two games, Milwaukee had more time off between games and won both, and have the same extra time between games 4/5 & 5/6.

I also think what Sultan said is key. Bud took some flack for both resting guys and experimenting with defenses this year. Clearly the record wasn't what it was the past two seasons, but no matter what happens from here the end result is better. They have to win on the road, but they got wins in Miami, Brooklyn, and Atlanta. No reason to think they can't do it again.

Shorter turn around AND the Bucks had to travel.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2224 on: July 15, 2021, 10:35:14 AM »

Shorter turn around AND the Bucks had to travel.

Plus, not knowing if Giannis is going to play probably made preparation difficult.