collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188060 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #750 on: May 24, 2021, 06:24:20 AM »
It was a foul, correctly called.  It also wasn’t dirty. Lebron had no reason to collapse to the ground like he did, holding his arm before he even landed.  It was egregious flopping and overacting.  But he was trying to create a mess and change momentum/steal points, it is what it is at this point. Shrug

Cam Payne somehow being the only one ejected during the scrum was bizarre. Also bizarre was AD deciding not to show up

Agree on all counts except Payne shoved a guy then threw the ball too. No biggie in the end.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #751 on: May 24, 2021, 06:26:30 AM »
Paul did not cut in early, he didn't cross the 3-pt line before Lebron released the ball. He initiated the box out when Lebron had both feet on the ground (not moving under). Lebron tried to go through Paul to get to the ball, their arms got tangled and Paul grabbed his arm. There is plenty commentary on the internet about whether it should have been a foul on Paul, and that it was a flop. Paul moved on, because thats pretty much who he is...a just play ball kind of guy. Can call a foul on Paul there, or Lebron.

If you want to see how common arms getting tangled like that is, go back and watch the Warriors v. Grizzlies game from a couple nights ago. Grabbing of arms like that happens on nearly every play with Looney and Valanciunas. Never called, because that physicality is part of NBA basketball and they aren't taking dives. It was called here only because Lebron took a dive.

If you want to find someone cutting in early, Lebron actually crosses the FT line a split second early. Would never be called as it was bang-bang, but that is the only person cutting in early.

Finally, I never said I have a problem with the foul being called, its fine. Rather pointing out as many on the internet have, that you could actually call a foul on Lebron there. My only point was the absurdity of Lebron and the Lakers. It was a dive. It was not aggressive or dirty, but they are playing it up as if Paul walked up to Lebron while he was shooting the free throw and kicked him square in the nuts.

That crap drives me nuts. I'm more like Paul, just play basketball. Hell, I've seen guys get elbowed in the face, a tooth pop out, and they just pick it up off the floor push it back in and finish the game, not even calling a foul.

<yawn>

Another playoffs, another tirade from forgetful acting like an NBA fan...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #752 on: May 24, 2021, 07:38:12 AM »
Ty JWags, I was watching golf.  Did LeBron wear goggles or an eye-patch today?  How was he able to complete after getting that hammer elbow from JTA?

You're slipping, Muggs. You forgot to mention fake reading.

I can't believe this guy even gets any minutes. He's been a loser his entire life, and he is a reprehensible human being who eats babies, drowns kitties and farts in elevators.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #753 on: May 24, 2021, 08:05:49 AM »
Some real Q-Lebron level conspiracies here.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #754 on: May 24, 2021, 08:07:14 AM »
Also bizarre was AD deciding not to show up

From The Athletic:

Jae Crowder and Deandre Ayton successfully forced Davis away from the basket and he rewarded them with repeated long jumpers that clanked off the rim.

In arguably the most important game of the season, Davis turned in a disappointing 13 points on 5-of-16 shooting. Only three of his 16 shots were at the basket. The Lakers were outscored by 18 points in his 39 minutes on the floor.

With LeBron James hitting a pair of early 3s and Drummond establishing himself in the post in the game’s opening minutes, Davis admitted, “I kind of got lost in the offense.”

Think about that for a second. The same guy who had dominated the Suns 14 days earlier just … got lost?

“There’s no way we’re winning a game, let alone a series, with me playing the way that I played,” Davis said. “So, I mean, this is on me. I take full responsibility, for sure. We’ll be better Game 2.”

https://theathletic.com/2608499/2021/05/23/lakers-anthony-davis-takes-blame-for-game-1-loss-to-suns-this-is-on-me/?source=dailyemail

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #755 on: May 24, 2021, 08:28:43 AM »
Lol
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #756 on: May 24, 2021, 08:37:21 AM »
From The Athletic:

In arguably the most important game of the season, Davis turned in a disappointing 13 points on 5-of-16 shooting. Only three of his 16 shots were at the basket

https://theathletic.com/2608499/2021/05/23/lakers-anthony-davis-takes-blame-for-game-1-loss-to-suns-this-is-on-me/?source=dailyemail
On the other 13 shots, what was he shooting at?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #757 on: May 24, 2021, 08:41:43 AM »
On the other 13 shots, what was he shooting at?

That's funny.

No wonder AD sucked ... he was taking shots at the scorer's table and mascot instead of at the basket!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #758 on: May 24, 2021, 08:42:43 AM »
He was taking shots at people he disagrees with on the internet.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #759 on: May 24, 2021, 08:42:46 AM »
Lol

Omg.  Ty..  hadn't even thought of that angle.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #760 on: May 24, 2021, 08:49:56 AM »
As far as the play with Chris Paul yesterday,  having now watched the replay, my conclusion is Lebron is full of crap.  If he actually did injure himself it was because he fake flopped.  He's holding his arm and writhing in fake pain like an assclown.  And while some of you may not have a problem with his antics, a lot of people are getting sick of his b-ass. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #761 on: May 24, 2021, 08:54:02 AM »
a lot of people are getting sick of his b-ass.

Threatened, victimized w-people are especially sick of his b-ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #762 on: May 24, 2021, 09:06:12 AM »
Threatened, victimized w-people are especially sick of his b-ass.

I'm not really sure why you are invoking race in this discussion.

• All American
« Reply #763 on: May 24, 2021, 09:10:18 AM »
Someone buy Mugs a fainting couch. There’s flopping in the NBA???

MU82

• All American
« Reply #764 on: May 24, 2021, 09:42:29 AM »
I'm not really sure why you are invoking race in this discussion.

Because you mentioned LeBron's b-ass?

And because the breakdown of folks who are constantly outraged about LeBron is about 99.5% white and 0.5% Black?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #765 on: May 24, 2021, 09:55:23 AM »
Ty JWags, I was watching golf.  Did LeBron wear goggles or an eye-patch today?  How was he able to complete after getting that hammer elbow from JTA?

OCD. Get medicated now. That will spare us this constant drivel.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #766 on: May 24, 2021, 12:07:23 PM »
Because you mentioned LeBron's b-ass?

And because the breakdown of folks who are constantly outraged about LeBron is about 99.5% white and 0.5% Black?

There are TONS of non-white NBA fans who can’t stand Lebron unless you’re choosing to zero in on off the court stuff.  Muggs hysterics aside, it’s dumb to say that the only people sick of his varied attention seeking and diva antics are victimized whitefolk.  Let’s keep it NBA related and not sink another thread.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #767 on: May 24, 2021, 01:47:21 PM »
There are TONS of non-white NBA fans who can’t stand Lebron unless you’re choosing to zero in on off the court stuff.  Muggs hysterics aside, it’s dumb to say that the only people sick of his varied attention seeking and diva antics are victimized whitefolk.  Let’s keep it NBA related and not sink another thread.

Fair. I pushed my hyperbole limit here, Wags.

LeBron does and says lots of dopey things, as do many athletes -- and non-athletes.

He is one of the greatest basketball players ever, he is a role model to many, and he is a billionaire, so sure, he probably should be above dopiness. But wow ... some Scoopers are over the top on him.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #768 on: May 24, 2021, 03:05:48 PM »

Muggs is not hysterical.  However if you think I should chillax, perhaps you can tell me what fake books LeBron is reading?  Maybe one would calm me down or stimulate me in some way?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #769 on: May 24, 2021, 03:18:38 PM »
Muggs is not hysterical.  However if you think I should chillax, perhaps you can tell me what fake books LeBron is reading?  Maybe one would calm me down or stimulate me in some way?

Wow. You are a sick, obsessive dude.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #770 on: May 24, 2021, 07:18:00 PM »
Whoa......pretty decent quarter for the Bucks. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #771 on: May 24, 2021, 07:23:46 PM »
hopefully they just go full capacity for a potebtial ecf. idk everyone looks decently close together tonight anyways. 2 weeks from now might as well at that point. is 50% that much safer.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #772 on: May 24, 2021, 07:35:04 PM »
Forbes is on serious fire.  Wow just wow.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #773 on: May 24, 2021, 08:00:59 PM »
You're slipping, Muggs. You forgot to mention fake reading.

I can't believe this guy even gets any minutes. He's been a loser his entire life, and he is a reprehensible human being who eats babies, drowns kitties and farts in elevators.

Fartin' in church iz moor effective, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #774 on: May 24, 2021, 08:32:40 PM »
Miami getting dirty.

feedback