Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's going on at UW-Madison?  (Read 17991 times)

madtownwarrior

• All American
What's going on at UW-Madison?
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
transfers left and right (at least that is what they would say about MU).

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/147254835.html

MattyWarrior

• All American
Re: What's going on at UW-Madison?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »
He got Bojangled

chapman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »
So he redshirted this year and is now transferring?  Wonder if he'll go Juco to be able to play next year since he will have to sit out at a D1 school and it'll still use eligibility.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 10:06:33 PM »
But Bo is not like those other coaches that just run kids off.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 10:31:46 PM »
I thought that kid was the proof of Bo's excellent recruiting. UW is getting good at signing the 4-star kids from the middle of nowhere and then having them go...well...nowhere.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 10:37:55 PM »
Yet another player Boned.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »
Yet another player Boned.

Deservedly so.  Reports out of Madison contend that he just couldn't bring himself to grab the arm of opposing players when getting in rebounding position, or to spend the necessary hours in the gym diving on the floor to perfect a passable flop.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 11:40:48 PM »
Amazing. Top recruit of 2011 leaving the program.

Come to MU and sting Bo!
SS Marquette

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 11:43:43 PM »
Amazing. Top recruit of 2011 leaving the program.

Come to MU and sting Bo!

No way that'll happen (and I wouldn't want it to happen).  Marquette will undoubtably be on the list of schools they will restrict him from transferring to.  Rumor is they have an absurd list of restrictions on his release, including Big 10 teams (obvious), Marquette (obvious), and Big 12 teams (what?!).  Apparently they're basically limiting the Midwest schools he can attend to low-major Illinois-directional schools and Creighton.

But Bo wouldn't do that, he's a Saint!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 11:46:15 PM »
No is a whining piece of sh1t.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »
No way that'll happen (and I wouldn't want it to happen).  Marquette will undoubtably be on the list of schools they will restrict him from transferring to.  Rumor is they have an absurd list of restrictions on his release, including Big 10 teams (obvious), Marquette (obvious), and Big 12 teams (what?!).  Apparently they're basically limiting the Midwest schools he can attend to low-major Illinois-directional schools and Creighton.

But Bo wouldn't do that, he's a Saint!

Go SLU, young man. 

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
Go SLU, young man.  

Hah fair enough.  Was just paraphrasing what his former AAU coach had to say about it in an article about the restrictions on his release.

Plus I was always taught that the St. Louis Arch was built to welcome people who were migrating from the East to the West.  So SLU should be considered the West, not Midwest  ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:56:25 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 12:05:46 AM »
Really, though, no Big12?  frack Bo.

I guess he's worried Iowa State is going to catch UW in the polls.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 05:44:44 AM »
What's a "preferred" walk-on?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 06:18:32 AM »
I accept that players transfer.   I hope it works out for this kid.   The only thing that makes this interesting is the hypocrisy of the badger fans.   If the same thing happened at MU, it would of course be do some failing of the school or coach.   Here, it is obviously due to a failing of the player to appreciate the awesomeness around him.    And, if there should be a transfer from MU, that will be on full display. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 06:20:47 AM »
A walk-on that us guaranteed a spot ... he does not have to "make the team."

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 08:06:25 AM »

Jake Thomas

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 08:11:12 AM »
Jake Thomas

Actually, its the opposite of Jake Thomas.  They walk-on the first year or two, and then get a scholarship afterwards.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 08:33:39 AM »
If the same thing happened at MU, it would of course be do some failing of the school or coach.   Here, it is obviously due to a failing of the player to appreciate the awesomeness around him.    And, if there should be a transfer from MU, that will be on full display. 

To be fair, this looks way more like it is the player's call than at MU. I don't think anyone at Madison is relieved he is transferring. On the flip side, look at how excited this board got the day a schollie coincidentally opened the same day Jamil Wilson said he was transferring.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 08:36:34 AM »
On the flip side, look at how excited this board got the day a schollie coincidentally opened the same day Jamil Wilson said he was transferring.

Well, I think a number of people were pretty uncomfortable with that.  And a few others made incredible leaps in logic to justify it in their minds.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »
I think the kid just was scared he'd be sitting behind Dekker for four years. I hope he doesnt mind going the JuCo route (must be a bad apple) or a place like SLU/Creighton/UNI because I really doubt the reports of high majors being interested.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »
Ulthoff, regardless of whether he was rated a 4-star player, certainly looked like he had a LONG way to go from his highlight video (that included a missed alley oop dunk!)  I'd tend to think he ends up at a mid major - even if there were not restrictions put on him as to where he could transfer - as he's said he wants to play.  Don't see him being a high major player.

On another note - anyone see this blog on Matt Thomas - a kid we are said to have offered (yet in the blog Potrykus makes no mention of MU being involved?)  Thomas's comments about UW are fun to read..

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/146496655.html
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »
On another note - anyone see this blog on Matt Thomas - a kid we are said to have offered (yet in the blog Potrykus makes no mention of MU being involved?)  Thomas's comments about UW are fun to read..

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/146496655.html

Everything I have heard about Thomas indicates that mutual interest no longer exists.  Not sure who pulled the plug. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »
On the flip side, look at how excited this board got the day a schollie coincidentally opened the same day Jamil Wilson said he was transferring.

not true...and where would we have been this year without J. Wilson with the injuries to Otule and Gardner!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »
I seem to remember that the Newbill discussion took up most of the board, even after we found out Jamil Wilson transferred. I even remember a thread reminding people that as a result of that even though the situation didn't look great, we should at least be happy that Wilson was going to be at MU.

feedback